Want To Buy

rewrite

Multi Boyz Litigator
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Title says it all! One of mine is dead.

good luck.

i have a load of 12v ones i intend to use with a small circuit on the tacho-line to limit the voltage.
i couldnt find 5v fans with a tacho output for a reasonable price.

Naomi 1?

The Arcade Otaku wiki was just updated (by @invzim it seems).

"A working replacement is the Noctua nf-a4x10-5v - make sure you get the 5V version. The pins needs to be re-arranged, the color coding is the same as the original.
The noctua a little smaller, so the mounting holes don't line up, but a tiny glob of clue should hold in in place nicely."

May have to try this out!

Naomi 1?

The Arcade Otaku wiki was just updated (by @invzim it seems).

"A working replacement is the Noctua nf-a4x10-5v - make sure you get the 5V version. The pins needs to be re-arranged, the color coding is the same as the original.
The noctua a little smaller, so the mounting holes don't line up, but a tiny glob of clue should hold in in place nicely."

May have to try this out!
Seems to work ok, I'll take no other credit than writing up the wiki tho - @spectrexcwk over at ao found the model that works:

https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=37476

Ah, I forgot to mention. Naomi 2.

Will they work the same?

I saw that you can buy the original Sepa HFB44B05A from the link in the wiki, but $30+ for a fan is a bit much.

i have thought about making 50mm fans fit,
the smaller the fans are, the shorter the lifespan because they need to spin faster to move enough air

and i refuse to pay more than €4 each because i need a lot!!

I had a GPU failure on a Naomi2 board, I was told this would still play Naomi1 carts but not the GD2 games (which is fair enough), but was told replacing the fans wouldnt fix the problem!

Will just replacing the fans fix the error?

i just found that for our European members, tme.eu has 45mm 5v fans with tacho output for only about €4 8o

havnt tried one yet.

Nice find! Only reservation... The ME45100V1-G99 is rated at 32dBA
That's louder than stock...
For someone who's throwing it in the bottom of a cab never to be seen or heard again, this isn't a concern.

Would be awful for someone with a supergun and the like though.

I'm stoked. Mouser and digikey both have it in stock for $6.

I have had problems with the tacho output on Sunon fans. Either there isn't one or it's somehow not 'correct', but I've had a number of things report faulty fans or not work at all. This includes an old 4:3 Mitsubishi plasma screen, the Tosh screen from a Lindbergh cab, an Atomiswave and a regular PC motherboard.

YMMV!

try a pullup resistor between the tacho and 5v lines.
something like 10k.

the sunon tacho is "open collector" type.

I posted in another section before but...

I went with total replacement to increase both airflow and silence the unit. The stock fans just outright sounded like a banshee in a cardboard box.

I went with these for the GPU and CPU fans

DRJ52JEl.jpg

They fit perfectly between the cooling fins on the heat sinks and the holes line up. I did have to change the screws out for longer ones. I also had to take the power connector ends off of the old fans and use them on the new fans so I could plug them directly in where the old ones plugged in. This took a minute as the Naomi actually uses the sensing wire to see if the fan is on. If it's not the Naomi will not start up.

Iep41B1l.jpg

h61ukjZl.jpg

lqbK3a3l.jpg

Then for the case fan I went with this (This fan also works on the case in a Naomi 1)

ArRqnzvl.jpg

It pretty much perfect also. I also had to do some work on the connectors to make sure it plugged in right.

gKbStoRl.jpg

When I was done the machine was whisper quiet and I had no issues with cooling or anything.

Hope that helps!

i dont see any pictures, you linked to a scumbag img server i assume! :(

Last edited:
Yeah I use IMGUR which doesn't seem to like people outside of the US. Sadly it's the easiest for me to post pictures from there.

The two small GPU/CPU fans are Noctua NF-A4x10 5v and the larger case fan is a GELID Silent 6.

To bad .. they are big bright pretty pictures. I was kind of proud of myself for documenting one of my mods for once lol.

Thank you!

I did that Naomi 2 for a friend. However I did score a custom painted Naomi 1 from Derrick (Thanks bro!). Eventually I plan on tracking down a Naomi 2 for myself.

Back