What's new

quarkstarmuffin

Student
Reaction score
I have a Naomi 2 that I'm trying to get working with a GD-ROM drive but no matter what I do I always get an "Error 26: Option board malfunctioning". It sounds like this is possibly an issue with the security keychip either being incorrect or not being seated properly, but I tried on two different games, verified that the serial numbers were correct for both of them and tried reseating them multiple times to no avail.

The system works fine with cartridges or in a netboot configuration, and I have the jumpers set as indicated here. I'm also powering everything with an ATX PSU.

Any suggestions on what else to try / and is there anything else that might be the culprit for this?

Last edited:
I have a cycraft simulater with naomi 2 also and I'm getting the same thing error 26 on rom boot except it won't let me transfer files on netboot.I have netzero for key chip and 23608 bios

I have a cycraft simulater with naomi 2 also and I'm getting the same thing error 26 on rom boot except it won't let me transfer files on netboot.I have netzero for key chip and 23608 bios
Take your netdimm apart and reseat the daughterboard. See if that takes care of your issue

Back