What's new

SBZack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've reached a dead end so I must ask for help.

I have a naomi 2 with a 4.02 netdimm running street fighter alpha 3 upper on a CF card. This machine has been running decent for 6-7 months. The game eould randomly go into a black screen but it only happened like once a week. I switched power supplies from a computer power supply with an adapter to a sega power supply with 3.3 v to see if that was the issue causing it to go black screen. (I thought maybe the power supply was going to sleep or something).

The game worked perfectly for about 2 weeks but now the game will boot and run for a few mins then immediately go into a black screen. I changed the fans to make sure it's not over heating.. I tried 5.0 all the way up to 5.1v but kept 3.3 at 3.3v.

I've run the rom checks in the system and they come up good across the board. I've repeated everything and cleaned the connectors a few times.

Anyways if anyone has seen anything like this or has any other troubleshooting tips I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Zack

I believe I have solved the issue. I ended up replacing the CPU fans and it seems to be running solid.

Back