What's new

Kidkaos

Champion
Reaction score
Hello, trying to get my Net dimm going and it keeps giving me a error message. I noticed it's missing the zero pic key? (See pictures) where do I get one of these? Anyone selling one?

Attachments

• 20220513_225104.jpg
    20220513_225104.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 20220513_225109.jpg
    20220513_225109.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 99
Tried ebay none for sale. Anyone have one they can sell me me??

how much would you pay?
just asking because you could just get a cheap programmer and make one

The latest version of WiPi supports "timing hack" that removes the need for a zero key entirely.
I'd just use that because its awesome and you really should be anyway.

@DragonMinded 's Naomi menu is freaking amazing/best solution we currently have towards a true "Naomi Multi".
ie a "true multi" is 100% self contained, requires no additional computer/cellphones/router etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I strongly encourage use of a key and not because I sell them

The time limit hack requires a persistent network connection. If your pi or netboot server otherwise crashes or has a network problem, your naomi will crash too.

Having been netbooting longer than raspberry Pis existed, the time limit hack has been around in triforcetools the whole time, but due to instabilities in windows python or simply due to wanting to be able to shut off the PC after the NAOMI boots, I always used a key instead.

Having been netbooting longer than raspberry Pis existed, the time limit hack has been around in triforcetools the whole time, but due to instabilities in windows python or simply due to wanting to be able to shut off the PC after the NAOMI boots, I always used a key instead.
You really owe it to yourself to try WiPi, its been completely rebuilt from the ground up.
No more buggy PiForce tools backend, I've been running for over a month now without a SINGLE issue.

No more CRC checks, no more zero keys, no more LCD hats...
I turn on the arcade machine, the Naomi automatically boots Dragon's ONSCREEN menu, I select the game I want to play from said menu, it reboots to that game.
It couldn't be more simple, self contained or to be frank perfect unless a actual Naomi Everdrive comes into existence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I'm well aware of the developments. I already edited out the time limit hacks and CRC checks long ago.

I have my own web interface in PHP which boots all my different netdimms on their IPs. A single CnC. I'm good with that... no Pis in each cabinet, no need to buy them at all. It's running on a free prototype chromebook lol.

Still, some hacks are just that; hacks. In this case, a hack to run without a PIC. For me when the PIC is cheap and available I will take stability over hacks.

On a somewhat related note... Do you have/sell the latest/fixed version of the Naomi multi BIOS?
The one that was corrected/fixed for Atomiswave ports using a proper/forged headder.

I have the chunk image which is bad ass but it doesn't work for me without the zero key (I tried and tried and tried). I've disabled and enabled the time hack too and it doesn't work without the zero key, and was hoping it did)
But, I want and need a zero key for my 2nd new Netdimm running on Naomi1 with piforce. I'm using an old rpi on that one so u can't use the awesome chunk image on my 2nd unit or else I would. Anyway, ordered and it supports charity so thanks again!!!

I'm using an old rpi on that one so u can't use the awesome chunk image on my 2nd unit or else I would.
Similar for me, I was using a RPi-2 with LCD-hat thankfully I had a Pi-3 sitting unused since I shut down my PS2OPL-SMB server.
I'd like to try a Pi-4 but stock seems low atm, at least locally (Microcenter in Cambridge all sold out).

On a somewhat related note... Do you have/sell the latest/fixed version of the Naomi multi BIOS?
The one that was corrected/fixed for Atomiswave ports using a proper/forged headder.
I can/do. I am meaning to update my store listings, but I can burn any NAOMI BIOS you need if you leave it in the note.

Similar for me, I was using a RPi-2 with LCD-hat thankfully I had a Pi-3 sitting unused since I shut down my PS2OPL-SMB server.
I'd like to try a Pi-4 but stock seems low atm, at least locally (Microcenter in Cambridge all sold out).
I snagged a couple Pi 4 Bs to work with RaSCSI, prices were already criminal then. The Pi shortage hit bad with so many different projects now built around it :(

Back