What's new
Mark your items as sold

pyJamma

Student
Reaction score
Up for sale is my NBA Play by Play Konami Hornet PCB

I have owned this since 2008.
It was giving an RTC error since purchase (I had to simply just press the 'TEST' button twice and it would let you boot into the game anyway)
In 2018 I had the RTC chip professionally removed, a socket installed and I bought a brand new RTC chip and put that into the socket.

I believe these can work on JVS cabinets, but it comes with JAMMA adapter and thats how I had always used it.

I believe this boards are a solid foundation for conversion to Gradius IV, however ive found this to be the most enjoyable basketball game Ive played on arcade, with the game commentary by 'Ray Clay', former Chicago Bulls announcer.

IMPORTANT info:

- These boards are very power-thirsty / power sensitive.
The manual I found online for this game states that the 5 volt power supply requirement is: 5v anything 'OVER' 10amps

- In the past I was having issues with this board on my Astro city cabinet which had a 5v 12amp power supply (so by rights, it was supposed to be suitable) - but the game just kept looping on bootup and at one point giving a hardware error, which is why I even replaced the RTC to begin with.
This was despite having a new socket and new timekeeper chip put in 2018.
That being said, I ended up finding myself having issues with CPS2 boards booting up as well on that very same cabinet at that point in time. I believe the issue was strictly due to the PSU at that time.

- At present: The board boots first time , every time, without issue on my brothers generic built arcade cabinet. His cabinet has an everyday 'generic' arcade power supply, however it says 5v 15amps written on it. It also has good quality thick gauge wiring on the jamma harness, which I believe is important.

- I tested the board on my brothers same cabinet, only 2 weeks ago and it still works and boots perfect each time, no RTC errors , just boots and works without issue.

Photos:

Sorry for the bad photos, I actually took these pictures via screenshots from a video I took recently for another member who was going to buy this, but ended up pulling out due to funds.
If you really need some clearer photos, let me know, i'll have to unbox it all (its just that it was already ready to be shipped).
If you wish for me to take a fresh video of it being connected and booting up on my brothers arcade machine for your piece of mind, please also let me know

Grab1.jpg
Grab2.jpg
Grab3.JPG
Grab4.JPG
Grab5.JPG

Price:
$400 USD shipped worldwide (just confirm your location with me first so I can confirm with you for certain), inclusive of Paypal fees.
For Australian buyers, $350 USD shipped (unless youre in Sydney, can discuss pickup option and a bit cheaper and you can test it all in person)

For the purpose of shipping, I've removed the JAMMA adapter card and put some bubble wrap around it, so that its not sticking out of the side of the PCB during shipping. These are HEAVY to ship and not very common to come across.

PM me if interested.

Back