What's new
If giving a refund is punishable with negative feedback on here I’m on the wrong forum, oh and a little white lie to protect the buyers feelings, well I’m sure God will judge me for that one on judgement day.

Just my opinion here but you're trying to trash his rep where rep in a small community goes a long way.
Massive over reaction leaving neg feedback when you have a refund.
You've lost money on the currency conversion. Such is life when the financial institutions make money from everyone. Take the loss on the chin and quit whining as shit happens far worse than losing some cash over a deal gone wrong.
He's apologized for lying but didn't want to hurt your feelings by saying he didn't fully trust you.

What more do you want? You're just making this worse
Understand now?

ZX

Thanks you for you input

If that's your approach to doing business more power to you

My understanding of a feedback system is to share your experience with the community so that they can have a more informed decision

If my statements here are false thechop can point them out and defend himself

Not every experience ends in a positive one sadly 😞

We can't just report on the positives and leave out the negatives

If giving a refund is punishable with negative feedback on here I’m on the wrong forum, oh and a little white lie to protect the buyers feelings, well I’m sure God will judge me for that one on judgement day.
If you want to call it a white lie it's ok

Can I ask if there is still room to make things right

What do you propose we do moving forward?

I'm honestly open to it

ZX

Thanks you for you input

If that's your approach to doing business more power to you

My understanding of a feedback system is to share your experience with the community so that they can have a more informed decision

If my statements here are false thechop can point them out and defend himself

Not every experience ends in a positive one sadly 😞

We can't just report on the positives and leave out the negatives
MAYBE leaving neutral feedback would've been appropriate.

Negative feedback on these forums is reserved for scammers, or folks who deliberately and maliciously cause issues, failing to ship for months and months and lying about it, etc.

Negative feedback isn't for slightly lackluster communication and issues stemming from third-party payment processors

Negative feedback on these forums is reserved for scammers, or folks who deliberately and maliciously cause issues, failing to ship for months and months and lying about it, etc.

Negative feedback isn't for slightly lackluster communication and issues stemming from third-party payment processors

There isn't a formal criteria we have in place

That's why context is very important when feedback is given

The community can decide how severe or how minor the situation was

Everyone has a different view opinion on how things should be handled

Thought this kangaroo court was being closed, should be deleted.

@shelcoof for future reference if you're using paypal and its a foreign currency transaction consider signing up to Wise.
Transfer money into your wise account (from your actual account not credit card as that may classify as a cash advance) then pay via paypal in the sellers currency. On your wise account you can do instant currency exchanges at way better rates than your bank/credit card.

I think that this sounds better. The transaction was cancelled, nobody was scamming anyone and the one who took the money was PayPal and hold it until the exchange rate was worse. The new PayPal policy change has caught us all by surprise, and when people see something off, they often just run away.

Transfer money into your wise account (from your actual account not credit card as that may classify as a cash advance) then pay via paypal in the sellers currency. On your wise account you can do instant currency exchanges at way better rates than your bank/credit card.

I hate PayPal, we are all paying the consequences of scammers doing tricky things to cheat PayPal, which forces them to enable absurds policies and T&C that apply to everyone, honest people too. If you can use something else, please do it. I've used Wise and it works great.

I think that this sounds better. The transaction was cancelled, nobody was scamming anyone and the one who took the money was PayPal and hold it until the exchange rate was worse. The new PayPal policy change has caught us all by surprise, and when people see something off, they often just run away.

I hate PayPal, we are all paying the consequences of scammers doing tricky things to cheat PayPal, which forces them to enable absurds policies and T&C that apply to everyone, honest people too. If you can use something else, please do it. I've used Wise and it works great.
Exactly

The transaction was cancelled, nobody was scamming anyone and the one who took the money was PayPal and hold it until the exchange rate was worse.
PayPal was not the one who made the choice at all though. Thechop held the money for 19 of the 21 days and made the decision to refund. He could have refunded immediately, or in 2 days, 6, or not refunded at all and sent the item 2 days later. The time was 100% determined by the seller here.

The new PayPal policy change has caught us all by surprise, and when people see something off, they often just run away.
It has been a real thorn in the side. But 20 minutes on the phone to educate yourself on the changes and it's not that unmanageable, I don't think. Just makes for a garbage first month. Our business account went from 1900 available monthly to 27000 available monthly in just 30 days. Now it's back to effectively unlimited.

The neg is like saying @thechop scammed him.

T&Cs of the sale were accepted by the buyer. Double protection with CC and paypal goods and services for the buyer.

The buyer didn't go into this blind. He knew the risks of buying on goods and services of losing fees if refunded but was happy for the double protection.

Paypal and your cc company have the money now. Financial institutions take your money for fun so if you don't like it then tough shit.

Game over. Shit show thread should be shut down

Ive know the chop for ages. He might not be the most handsome guy on this planet but he does deliver. I dont think this deserves a bad feedback in all honesty. You was right to pay by goods and services as u didnt know him and he was right to refund you due to paypal holding the money. Nobody seems to be at fault.. especially if you refuse to pay by gift and not trusting him, he also has a right to not trust you too and sell to someone else. What i am trying to say is, as paypal held the funds, the deal has been broken and the chop has the right to refund you. As you pobably dont know the chop that well, (he doesnt post much outside the valuation thread 😉 ) paying by goods was a sensible thing to do.

But making a fuss out of this siituation could backfire on you too as a buyer. Maybe just kiss and makeup with him? I wouldnt be happy if someone posted negative feedback because of this. I wouldnt send anything out until payment has been received and if he needed the money fast u cant make the guy wait that long.

Would have been a different matter if he had not refunded you or sent you a conversion etc.

That radiant silvergun was a bargain too. Such a good game and sorry you missed out.. my fav stv game next to batman and guardian force.

Not trying to fuel any fires but I think @Monstermug and @Zx48k are forgetting the main issue. The refund was issued premature to the hold end date by @thechop which in turn refunded the money minus conversion fees. Therefore the issue concerning the difference in funds was caused directly by @thechop. Not siding with anyone here, this doesn't involve me but I think it has gone into different territory. It appears G&S was agreed on by both parties.... the end. However Paypal handles that, it's how they handle it whether either party likes it or not. I understand why thechop refunded and why he lied, not my point. I understand why shelcoof is pissed, again not my point. If an agreed transaction is arranged then you follow through. If you decide not to follow through on either side then you leave the other party how they entered the transaction. If you are ending the transaction then it is up to you to cllean it up if it needs to be. I'm really not trying to side here but it's kind of hard when you look at it objectively.

But making a fuss out of this siituation could backfire on you too as a buyer. Maybe just kiss and makeup with him?
The buyer has repeatedly said "How can we make this right?", "What are our options here?", etc. This is a silly comment since the buyer is not the one unwilling to work things out.

buyer could have paid with friends and family with a bit of trust. Would have got most of his money back with a refund minus currency conversion fees and still blamed the seller.

Accept the terms and conditions of the sale and accept the risk involved.

Honestly if feel it's important to point out that no you don't have the right to choose to not sell to someone after payment is arranged and received. At that point it's your part of the deal to get the buyer his ware and nothing else. Refunding is an emergency break you pull when everything else falls through and not a "get out of jail" card no questions asked. Also it's kinda shocking how nonchalant some people seem to be after they get three or four figure sums from other people, pretty sure you wouldn't think it is such a non issue if it were your money.

Lastly this thread shouldn't be changed or removed that would be blatant and obvious favourism. Everybody lost their mind when some people got scammed and everyone told everybody to use G&S… and now the guy who did exactly that should change his Feedback even though he only has a loss to show for all of this? Not the right way to handle that!

buyer could have paid with friends and family with a bit of trust. Would have got most of his money back with a refund minus currency conversion fees and still blamed the seller.

Accept the terms and conditions of the sale and accept the risk involved.
Sure, but it doesn't matter. It was agreed upon by both parties involved so that's not even part of this equation.

To your point the terms and condition of the sale go for both seller and buyer. It doesn't rest on one side.

Back