What's new
I hope no one else got scammed. Dude offered me an Egret 2 for $5k for him to "clear his mess up" ( he knew I been in the market for one) but I wasn't stupid enough to bite after our several crappy dealings. I'll post about those tomorrow.
The $5k he was asking me wouldn't even cover Dekken anyway so I thought that was odd. Plus, he still owes Bob so 🤷
If you paid this dude $5k for an Egret 2, get your money back now!

I hope no one else got scammed. Dude offered me an Egret 2 for $5k for him to "clear his mess up" ( he knew I been in the market for one) but I wasn't stupid enough to bite after our several crappy dealings. I'll post about those tomorrow.
The $5k he was asking me wouldn't even cover Dekken anyway so I thought that was odd. Plus, he still owes Bob so 🤷
It’s one thing to work behind the scenes to get shit done and covered.

It’s another thing to offer the same “services” to someone else in a request to “help clear up [his] mess”.

Incredible. The nerve.

That's a tough one. If you were local you wouldn't have to pay him until it was loaded on your vehicle.

And there is good possibility the money has been spent, so even though odds are against @ItsBobDudes being compensated. Its a better scenario than a broke in debt CandyKing.

That's a tough one. If you were local you wouldn't have to pay him until it was loaded on your vehicle.
He doesn't generally let people pick up. He delivers only, then "forgets" important parts and promises endlessly to make it right tomorrow, next week, next month, but never does.

He doesn't generally let people pick up. He delivers only, then "forgets" important parts and promises endlessly to make it right tomorrow, next week, next month, but never does.
Its worth demanding it be a stipulation due to "recent events"..

I just noticed they both live in CA so it could be an option. I would understand not placing a penny in his hands on principle too..

So my dealings with Omar have turned out pretty shitty for me. I got burned about 3x by dude. 1st time I grabbed a monitor from him, I paid about $550+ shipping for it. So basically about $800 for an ms8 tube that I needed for an empty Astro2 I was working on. Dude said he had a really clean one, barely any burn if any (I'll post pics later so you be the judge) needless to say most will agree with me that it has a fair amount of burn. When I ordered the tube I was in the middle of moving to my new home and working 12-16hr days, 6 days a week+(up to 22 straight) at times, for the United States Post office so needless to say, I was very tired, short tempered and busy all the time. I put plugging the tube in for probably 3 months +? 😅 stupid move by me but whatever. He used a usps priority box to seran wrap the tube from getting scratched so I never noticed the burn until it came to the day I had time to load up the tube into my empty Astro2 that @Lemony Vengeance graciously helped me wire up and restore. Tube was less than in desirable for the shape it arrived in, and chassis was dead. He couldn't/wouldn't service it because ofcourse he was busy too. So I ship it off to PNL, all good once it comes back to me. Apparently this was a working tube and chassis but somehow died during shipping. Whatever I moved on. Months later he offers me a beat to hell Mexico special Q25. A grail of mine, so I thirstypay something like $1700-1800 for it. It's brat. But he promised a complete/working cab just needing restoring. Anyone who knows me, knows I'm up for the challenge and proceed to make it beautiful. Getting it to me was an ordeal having to send Chris Fox out there twice to get it for me. (Had to reschedule one due to some BS on Omar's part) whatever. I smartened up and waited for Chris to go when he was picking up a game from Omar to sell to another collector out this way. That way he had no excuses of loading my cab up next go around (a month later or so)
Cab gets here. It is not complete, missing pieces (to this day) even. Not a working game. A legit p.o.s Mexico project that I wouldn't have paid more than 3,000 pesos for. Anyway deal is done and I tell Omar hey this isn't even the same cab you sent me pics of. He tries to argue saying you knew it was gonna be a project, I agreed. Then I 1-upped him and sent pics recreating the angles of what he sent me and it indeed was a different cab, one with damage that wasn't even on the original pics and other blemishes he withheld conveniently not capturing it in pictures. He argued and said hey don't worry you got a cab, and I'LL HELP YOU anyway so you're good once I get more parts I'll make you hole (hold your laughter please) I shrugged it off and ended up piecing most stuff through Yaton (2 years ago) we go back and forth trying to figure out what's here, what's not, all he promises is bs, lies, gas lighting and more bs with the same circulated pics of his "awesome" garaged Q25 rows in his garage and out front of his yard with Mexican beers 🍻 peeking in pictures. I get suspicious real quick that my cab was never in any of those pictures. I try to power on my "working" project monitor is dead. Then psu is corroded to death. Like badly corroded. His words "ohhh they're all like that, now they're all pieces of shit" you should just install a switcher. I said nay Omar, switch me out from one of your working ones. I know you ATLEAST have 5 fully working Q25s, swap me for one of those. Dude refuses. I said that was bs and that I should probably just sell it back to him (after I left it looking minty mind you) @garou81 can vouch how nice it is. I believe I've posted it on here too. Anyway, the nerve of this fuck twit.
He has me heat up the psu with a heat gun, it comes on! (Heated components) etc. Once it cools off, psu fails. He states cold solder joints. I reflow it and a buddy does as well, psu works for a bit, then dies again. Wonderful. Fucking thing works here and there. Then, the chassis dies from sometime after trying to figure out the rats nest wiring. Omar says cold solder. I reflow it all and no dice. Horizontal collapse (not vertical) so something you don't usually see. I'm suspecting he harvested the good parts and purposely put in the shit parts that I'd be stuck with because another member and I bought 2 from him, difference is my buddy Josh lives 30 minutes away? Versus I'm 6hrs+ one way so I 100% believe it's not beyond him. He then says send it in, I'll fix it for you for $150 + shipping both ways (about $25-27) each way. I get it back, it's dead still. He blames shipping. I send it off AGAIN. Another $25+
He works on it for a week. Then another week goes by. Then someone died. Then his kid got attacked by a pit bull, then he's waiting for the resurrection of Christ, blah blah a bunch of stalling. Mind you this is a hard to come by chassis so I didn't wanna say anything in fear of him never sending it. Long story short a year later finally sends it back but ONLY because I forced him to send it to PNL. AFTER a year of bullshit and putting it off finally drives it down. I threatened to expose him and he finally got me my shit back but all the while it took 2 years to make my Q25 "work" plus 1 year of holding the chassis hostage bullshit after bullshit all while showiing off new cabs, pcbs and work hes doing for others. So stay the fuck away from this dude, shipping something from Japan is less of a headache than dealing with this twatwaffle Omar/Horacio/Cresencio whoever the fuck he is. (Theres more I'll add to later)

So my dealings with Omar have turned out pretty shitty for me. I got burned about 3x by dude. 1st time I grabbed a monitor from him, I paid about $550+ shipping for it. So basically about $800 for an ms8 tube that I needed for an empty Astro2 I was working on. Dude said he had a really clean one, barely any burn if any (I'll post pics later so you be the judge) needless to say most will agree with me that it has a fair amount of burn. When I ordered the tube I was in the middle of moving to my new home and working 12-16hr days, 6 days a week+(up to 22 straight) at times, for the United States Post office so needless to say, I was very tired, short tempered and busy all the time. I put plugging the tube in for probably 3 months +? 😅 stupid move by me but whatever. He used a usps priority box to seran wrap the tube from getting scratched so I never noticed the burn until it came to the day I had time to load up the tube into my empty Astro2 that @Lemony Vengeance graciously helped me wire up and restore. Tube was less than in desirable for the shape it arrived in, and chassis was dead. He couldn't/wouldn't service it because ofcourse he was busy too. So I ship it off to PNL, all good once it comes back to me. Apparently this was a working tube and chassis but somehow died during shipping. Whatever I moved on. Months later he offers me a beat to hell Mexico special Q25. A grail of mine, so I thirstypay something like $1700-1800 for it. It's brat. But he promised a complete/working cab just needing restoring. Anyone who knows me, knows I'm up for the challenge and proceed to make it beautiful. Getting it to me was an ordeal having to send Chris Fox out there twice to get it for me. (Had to reschedule one due to some BS on Omar's part) whatever. I smartened up and waited for Chris to go when he was picking up a game from Omar to sell to another collector out this way. That way he had no excuses of loading my cab up next go around (a month later or so)
Cab gets here. It is not complete, missing pieces (to this day) even. Not a working game. A legit p.o.s Mexico project that I wouldn't have paid more than 3,000 pesos for. Anyway deal is done and I tell Omar hey this isn't even the same cab you sent me pics of. He tries to argue saying you knew it was gonna be a project, I agreed. Then I 1-upped him and sent pics recreating the angles of what he sent me and it indeed was a different cab, one with damage that wasn't even on the original pics and other blemishes he withheld conveniently not capturing it in pictures. He argued and said hey don't worry you got a cab, and I'LL HELP YOU anyway so you're good once I get more parts I'll make you hole (hold your laughter please) I shrugged it off and ended up piecing most stuff through Yaton (2 years ago) we go back and forth trying to figure out what's here, what's not, all he promises is bs, lies, gas lighting and more bs with the same circulated pics of his "awesome" garaged Q25 rows in his garage and out front of his yard with Mexican beers 🍻 peeking in pictures. I get suspicious real quick that my cab was never in any of those pictures. I try to power on my "working" project monitor is dead. Then psu is corroded to death. Like badly corroded. His words "ohhh they're all like that, now they're all pieces of shit" you should just install a switcher. I said nay Omar, switch me out from one of your working ones. I know you ATLEAST have 5 fully working Q25s, swap me for one of those. Dude refuses. I said that was bs and that I should probably just sell it back to him (after I left it looking minty mind you) @garou81 can vouch how nice it is. I believe I've posted it on here too. Anyway, the nerve of this fuck twit.
He has me heat up the psu with a heat gun, it comes on! (Heated components) etc. Once it cools off, psu fails. He states cold solder joints. I reflow it and a buddy does as well, psu works for a bit, then dies again. Wonderful. Fucking thing works here and there. Then, the chassis dies from sometime after trying to figure out the rats nest wiring. Omar says cold solder. I reflow it all and no dice. Horizontal collapse (not vertical) so something you don't usually see. I'm suspecting he harvested the good parts and purposely put in the shit parts that I'd be stuck with because another member and I bought 2 from him, difference is my buddy Josh lives 30 minutes away? Versus I'm 6hrs+ one way so I 100% believe it's not beyond him. He then says send it in, I'll fix it for you for $150 + shipping both ways (about $25-27) each way. I get it back, it's dead still. He blames shipping. I send it off AGAIN. Another $25+
He works on it for a week. Then another week goes by. Then someone died. Then his kid got attacked by a pit bull, then he's waiting for the resurrection of Christ, blah blah a bunch of stalling. Mind you this is a hard to come by chassis so I didn't wanna say anything in fear of him never sending it. Long story short a year later finally sends it back but ONLY because I forced him to send it to PNL. AFTER a year of bullshit and putting it off finally drives it down. I threatened to expose him and he finally got me my shit back but all the while it took 2 years to make my Q25 "work" plus 1 year of holding the chassis hostage bullshit after bullshit all while showiing off new cabs, pcbs and work hes doing for others. So stay the fuck away from this dude, shipping something from Japan is less of a headache than dealing with this twatwaffle Omar/Horacio/Cresencio whoever the fuck he is. (Theres more I'll add to later)
This is seriously some insane crap you’ve had to go through. I’m so sorry you’ve been through this. I think too many people have kept their mouths shut after seeing his collection and not wanting to cut themselves off from possible future “scoops”, when it would really just be pooper-scooper levels of headache.

As a maker and service provider in this VERY SMALL community, threads like this keep me up at night and make my blood run cold. I seriously hope I’ll never loose sight of what and who keeps me going: you guys.

If anyone has been left high and dry by arcadegame on a wiring standpoint please PLEASE let me know and I promise I will work something out with you that will get you working. It won’t be free, but it will be as close to free as I can get it for ya. You have my pledge.

My Lemon Pledge ;)

I’ve seriously been looking out for a q25 PSU for ya on YAJ.. there was one for ages that I was tempted to get just to have as trade bait, and now I’m sad I didn’t. I’ll keep eyes out :D

This is seriously some insane crap you’ve had to go through. I’m so sorry you’ve been through this. I think too many people have kept their mouths shut after seeing his collection and not wanting to cut themselves off from possible future “scoops”, when it would really just be pooper-scooper levels of headache.

As a maker and service provider in this VERY SMALL community, threads like this keep me up at night and make my blood run cold. I seriously hope I’ll never loose sight of what and who keeps me going: you guys.

If anyone has been left high and dry by arcadegame on a wiring standpoint please PLEASE let me know and I promise I will work something out with you that will get you working. It won’t be free, but it will be as close to free as I can get it for ya. You have my pledge.

My Lemon Pledge ;)

I’ve seriously been looking out for a q25 PSU for ya on YAJ.. there was one for ages that I was tempted to get just to have as trade bait, and now I’m sad I didn’t. I’ll keep eyes out :D
1681861402883.jpeg

Back