What's new

Kidkaos

Champion
Reaction score
I don't want anyone else to get ripped off by this member on here. I have given him plenty of time to respond and find a resolution, refund or replacement but instead I've got ignored even after paypal sided with them and reversed their decision. Qushuang advertised Raiden Operation Hell Dive for sale on here. He sold the same copy to several members on here but redirected all of us to an aliexpress page (unbeknownst to me and other members on here who purchased a copy)
The packaging 📦 coming from China was atrocious, it was 2 to 3 layers of thin cellophane wrap pictured. Board arrived with flex, I set the board down for a few days to straighten out from the poor packing job. I wasn't hopeful that a trace wouldn't be broken or chip not damaged and sure enough one or two customs have failed from the flex. Had it been packaged better it would have been fine. I requested a refund or replacement on here and aliexpress only to have my claim denied and no communication at all here or aliexpress. I please ask members on here to no longer do business with this seller or to ban this member for being unwilling to make this right.
Here are photos of the entire conversation/transaction. I should have done a charge back instead but I'm past the time frame so I'm out $135.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230717-173519_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230717-173519_Chrome.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 166
  • Screenshot_20230717-173448_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230717-173448_Chrome.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 169
  • Screenshot_20230717-173506_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230717-173506_Chrome.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 179
  • Screenshot_20230717-173529_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230717-173529_Chrome.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 172
  • Screenshot_20230717-173544_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230717-173544_Chrome.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 166
  • Screenshot_20230717-173558_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230717-173558_Chrome.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 150
  • Screenshot_20230717-173609_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230717-173609_Chrome.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 142
  • Screenshot_20230717-175127_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230717-175127_Chrome.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 153
Their response from Aliexpress or lack thereof.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230717-174616_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20230717-174616_AliExpress.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 131
  • Screenshot_20230717-174635_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20230717-174635_AliExpress.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 129
Ahh shit, I remember his for sale posts. I pm'd him too and he directed me to Ali as well. I don't understand why you wouldn't put a pcb in a box, I sell games time to time and put them all in boxes, even Gameboy carts. That really blows, such a great game to be ruined by negligence.

Thanks for documenting it regardless, sorry it seems like they are dead set on giving you the shaft.

@qushuang this is a community and we don't like this behavior from anyone. You are not helping to keep our marketplace open to other new users and sellers when you do these things. I suggest you reevaluate your behavior.

Thanks guys, I just want them to do the right thing. They have treated me pretty shitty and are now non-responsive to any sort of resolution. I've offered for an exchange even, but it has fallen to deaf ears. My claim of damage was denied due to "no physical" damage. So time to possibly file a charge back through my bank, paypal is not willing to reevaluate the case.
Hopefully no one else gets screwed on here.
It's not worth the gamble.

Here is an update and their stance on the situation. They have blocked me from messaging them and wrote "poor but stubborn" basically fuck you.
Mods, please ban these Chinese sellers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230719-001140_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20230719-001140_AliExpress.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 119
I bought a Raiden Fighters board from him but got a Raiden Fighters Jet instead. It actually had the Yamaha sound chip so I was cool with it.

I could see how that would really piss someone off who may have already had RFJ though thinking they were going to get OG Raiden Fighters. I only paid $140ish all in, so it hurt less. Not excusing the bullshit though; a person should receive exactly what they purchase.

And yes, the packaging job was complete shit. Thankfully my board works, but Ive only ran through about half an hour of play time on it so TBD.

Bottom line and my two cents: don’t gamble on this dude.

Last edited:
It looks like @qushuang and @Arcade_Lover are both SQ Arcade. Who knows how many other names they are using here.

I purchased an item from them on Aliexpress and it died shortly after receiving it. They basically told me to go pound sand.

Interesting, I ordered from SQ Arcade in the past off Aliexpress and had a similar experience as OP where the item was damaged due to poor packaging. Luckily in my case, I was able to return and received a full refund.

I ordered from them on Aliexpress and through here a few times. I didn't have a problem, but unsurprised that others did. They always seemed very dodgy in my communication with them. Packaging was nothing to be impressed by.

Perhaps the mods could at least look into the multiaccount claims and settle that, then ask them to make people whole or take a hike?

I've noticed AliExpress tends to be more open to refunds when the buyers do more business with them... which is kinda sketch TBH.

I've noticed AliExpress tends to be more open to refunds when the buyers do more business with them... which is kinda sketch TBH.
I mean that's something eBay, Amazon, and everywhere else does as well. Recently had an extron box show up non-working from eBay and the seller was making up stories about how they "already sent the shipping label" despite eBay saying they didn't. Talk to customer service and get "Oh wow, you've been with us over 20 years, thanks so much, we'll get this handled right now" and got refunded immediately. Most places care about buyer's track record when it comes to returns/claims/missing items/etc. Helps them keep tabs on habitual offenders.

I bought a Raiden Fighters board from him but got a Raiden Fighters Jet instead.
Sounds like you won out from the get-go. RFJ is best in series by a quarter mile.

That all sucks though for everyone involved that's had stuff die or had to fight for a refund. Lots of these aliexpress accounts are real rough. And a lot use pictures from other sellers, etc etc which doesn't help matters any. I know both I and another member on here got screwed on cab buys recently that had pics/vids of a Chinese IG collector's cabs. It's probably a good idea to just not bother with ali arcades sellers at all when possible.

I mean that's something eBay, Amazon, and everywhere else does as well. Recently had an extron box show up non-working from eBay and the seller was making up stories about how they "already sent the shipping label" despite eBay saying they didn't. Talk to customer service and get "Oh wow, you've been with us over 20 years, thanks so much, we'll get this handled right now" and got refunded immediately. Most places care about buyer's track record when it comes to returns/claims/missing items/etc. Helps them keep tabs on habitual offenders.

Can't say that's been my experience. Been on eBay just as long as you, and I've never been given preferential treatment by them. Quite the opposite, in fact. I've also had friends on Amazon who've had their free returns blocked because some sellers accused them of pulling switcheroos on returned items (didn't happen; the items were purchased used from FBA sellers and not as described).

I guess the takeaway here is YMMV, and buyer beware. I'd always, always use a credit card with strong buyer protection whenever possible.

I've also had friends on Amazon who've had their free returns blocked because some sellers accused them of pulling switcheroos on returned items (didn't happen; the items were purchased used from FBA sellers and not as described).
Oh yeah, no, you can't buy things from Amazon 3rd party sellers at all, there's no real protection there. It's absolutely no better than aliexpress. I meant Shipped and Sold by Amazon type items.

I guess the takeaway here is YMMV, and buyer beware. I'd always, always use a credit card with strong buyer protection whenever possible.
I agree with this, but also not putting your money in places you know to be sketchy to begin with is a good rule of thumb that we don't always seem to follow around these parts (like how many people keep rolling the dice with Yaton still after stiffing so many people on cabs?).

Can't say that's been my experience. Been on eBay just as long as you, and I've never been given preferential treatment by them. Quite the opposite, in fact. I've also had friends on Amazon who've had their free returns blocked because some sellers accused them of pulling switcheroos on returned items (didn't happen; the items were purchased used from FBA sellers and not as described).

Yeah, I've also been on ebay for more than 20 years and had a similar thing last year.

One seller is putting MSX games in a generic box and printing their own manual and was trying to pass them off as CIB.

I bought one and quickly noticed the box's outer insert (what do you call that?) was printed at home when it arrived.

I sent it back for a full refund, and the shipper said I could get half back because it was damaged in the return. (I packaged it identically to how it came, which was very well at least).

This all took so long (as well as trying to further communicate to the seller that what they're saying was impossible) that ebay wouldn't lift a finger for me when I saw the seller was not dealing in good faith.

This guy is still doing it on ebay too. The outer insert of Metal Gear 2 that keep reprinting was already damaged lol so it's really obvious it's the same one they're photocopying.

I buy EEPROMS and GBS-Cs (from the same seller) from Ali but arcade stuff sounds dicey.

Hope OP gets some resolution but sounds like they just suck.

Edit: It really bugs me that I have a friend who wrongly went to jail for pirated games in the '90s, and now nobody cares if you sell repros or pirated games lol

Back