What's new
*Edited*

Stand corrected, sounds like the 3K post was on FB and didnt make its way to AP.

Last edited:
Not sure why you'd bring Tony up here. This a thread about KC, and IIRC, Tony did work to restore his cabs. Whether or not you think the work he did was worth his asking price is a different conversation, which also isn't appropriate for this thread.

I think the $3K NAC was on Facebook, but here's KC selling an Astro (not a NAC) for $2400 on ebay.

Hearing all this stories, make me think that we should have stopped this long ago. Please post your experience here, be it good or bad.
My buying experience wasn't good but I don't know where else I would have bought the cabinets I wanted. I found this forum because of the KC sales thread and he seems to be the only one importing 90s era Japanese cabinets into the USA. I would consider buying from him again, possibly. For new buyers, KC really needs an F.A.Q. so they know what they're getting into.

I personally am sort of sad to see him go, because he sold cheap CRT cabs for people who don't mind doing some work. Not much to go wrong there as long as the tube is solid. Missing pieces of more complex things like rhythm games is a different story so I understand why the admins no longer want to put up with it.
The problem is that we asked him repeatedly to be specifically clear about what people were actually getting with pictures of real cab. He didnt give a shit and continued doing the same. Then the users get back to the admins to help them sort out the misleading. We actually got tired of that and this is not something that we like to do. He was warned multiple times, believe me.
To be fair, being banned from AP doesn't take him out of business. All it does is keep our newer, less knowledgeable/experienced members from getting rugged pulled, as well as more tightly "enforce" the ONE piece of advice we've been giving out on this forums for YEARS about KC: Only buy if local, Don't ship.
Exactly. He will do business in the other places but not here for the reasons I stated before.
he eventually comes back about 3 weeks later with another blue diamond. This one is in way worse shape than the last one cosmetically. Turn on the monitor, it works... but... there are weird issues with the video. I take several pictures and video of the issue. No response after 3 days via text. Before this, he would respond pretty quickly. A week goes by, no response. 2 week, nothing. This is after I kept texting and calling him. So after 3 weeks of being ghosted, I do a PayPal chargeback. As soon as that happens, guess who calls me? He is all mad that I did a charge back. I told him if he would've actually talked to me instead of ghosting me, I wouldn't have to resort to the charge back.
I've heard that story multiple times. Do you think that's a good service? If you dont want to offer service, state very clear: "Cabinets sold as is, might have missing pieces or not work at all. We dont give support and if you want to return it, then you need to pay transportation back to us. " But if he'd do that nobody will buy I guess.

Last edited:
If you dont want to offer service, state very clear: "Cabinets sold as is, might have missing pieces or not work at all. We dont give support and if you want to return it, then you need to pay transportation back to us. " But if he'd do that nobody will buy I guess.
plenty of people will still buy, they just wouldn't paid top dollar anymore.

@GeeDee @Sir_Kit Jumper please air your grievances with me. It looks like you both had negative things to say about a recent sale I made?

Dunno why you're tagging me my man- I only really had a problem with KC asking those numbers for his off-the-boat crap-o cabs. You actually restored and put in the work to justify your prices.

There's probably a larger conversation that could be had about like..."cabs used to be $1k and restored was $2k", but its not like we have clear numbers about what importers are paying wholesale, and for what its worth, I've seen the work they put in to bring in and test these guys, and it both barely pays the bills and no one is living in mansions lmao. They deserve to be pulling in the extra bank compared to KC because of the knowledge about the product and customer service they provide.

I dont know what's the story behind this, but we dont think that this is the thread to talk about it. Whatever topic is raised, please keep it super respectful and polite.

Last edited:
Dunno why you're tagging me my man- I only really had a problem with KC asking those numbers for his off-the-boat crap-o cabs. You actually restored and put in the work to justify your prices.
Sorry just going off of @kazuo post #142

Ye, no worries, different subject, different site, etc etc. they were just pulling some examples of other community stuff as a whole. Still even agree with kazuo in that it really isnt even appropriate for the KC topic at hand anyways, so, cest la vie.

Stand corrected, sounds like the 3K post was on FB and didnt make its way to AP.
Yeah, was on FB—which I don't even use—but this screenshot made the rounds, so just to keep the record straight:

Screenshot_20220430-213027.png

Yeah, was on FB—which I don't even use—but this screenshot made the rounds, so just to keep the record straight:

The big kicker being (from what I've heard, so I'd like to be corrected if wrong) that he posted this listing at that price shortly after Tony's Restored cabs sold here. The speculation is that KC saw that thread and decided his junk was worth what a fully restored cab sold for between knowledgeable collectors.

The big kicker being (from what I've heard, so I'd like to be corrected if wrong) that he posted this listing at that price shortly after Tony's Restored cabs sold here. The speculation is that KC saw that thread and decided his junk was worth what a fully restored cab sold for between knowledgeable collectors.
All good my dude :)

Unfortunately, that's how all of this hobby works now. Somebody sees something sell for some ridiculous price (whether it's on a forum or eBay) and then everybody thinks that's the going rate, regardless of condition or "completeness". Between that and whales who do no research and just pay through the nose to get something that second as opposed to being patient and getting the same thing for way less (what it's traditionally valued at), prices just steadily climb up and up with no end in sight.

You would think it's a bubble that would eventually burst but it's been a steady trend for a decade now.

Edit: Good to finally be rid of KC. He's unfortunately one of the few resources in the US for japanese cabs but while his service has always been suspect, it seems like it's really gone downhill in the last few years and, at some point, enough has to be enough.

Back