What's new

JohnRambo'sKnife

Champion
Reaction score
Sharing my recent experience with user @tonyt76. Had dealt with before despite being warned by others to be careful. Had a problem with one of the deals last year (bought a tube with no/little burn that arrived with a ton of burn in). Got some money back and gave benefit of the doubt/water under the bridge. Should have stopped dealing with them then in hindsight.

Couple weeks back, purchased a "worked last I checked" PB6643 chassis. Item was packed extremely poorly with too much space in a rather flimsy box given weight. Arrived with damage to plastic tray and lots of ripped traces on chasis thanks to the heatsink caving in. Totally avoidable and user seemed to sympathize that they would have been upset too and offer to make it right. I warn them about shipping chassis this way. I had just purchased two more Toshiba PF chassis from him right before discovering this, so I asked that he please make sure those are properly packed before they go out. Received a partial refund for less than I requested. Fair enough. Whatever, life goes on.

Following week, the two PF chassis arrive. These were sold as is/untested when they were originally listed. Fine with me given price. Both arrived in one box too small to fit them both flat on the bottom and space between. Inadequate padding where it counted and too much free space around them vertically. They ended up busting each other up quite a bit in transit. Entite parts are ripped off the board and twisted. Again, avoidable and not like he was unaware of this being a potential issue.

Reached out to let him know and was told they were sold as parts and no refunds, with a snippet from the bottom of a message. That is all fine, but I still expect things to be packed so they don't arrive in a different state than pictured when sold. I am offered $50 off each chassis, but I say no and ask to mail back for a full refund since damage is too extensive. I feel a lesson needs to be taught to here.

User is normally pretty quick to respond, so when I don't hear back the following day, I prompt a reply. Agrees to return and refund. I repack properly in two separate boxes and mail back on own dime. Shipped Saturday, arrive Monday.

Today, recieve refund for purchase price in full immediately upon receipt and recieve a message to not contact them ever again. You got it pal.

Still out $50 bucks and obviously no lesson has been learned. Leaving this as my most recent experience dealing with him so other's can judge for themselves before considering any purchase. Good luck.

Back