What's new

seifus

Student
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've had nothing but positive experiences so far on this forum, and this truly is a wonderful collection of people.

I tend to stay away from AliExpress style listing, but needed a donor board for my CPS2 Multi. Ended up buying one from this thread.

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/fs-cps2-pcb-with-shell-test-ok.20926/

Unfortunately, it just arrived from China a few moments ago. Turns out using the smallest physicals box, as well as the least amount of packaging is not great with old brittle plastic housings.

Haven't even tried turning it on yet, but I'm not optimistic, however both the top and bottom pieces are missing chunks, and there are a few dozen small broken shards within the box itself.

Would appreciate any feedback on how to proceed here.

IMG-0886.jpg
IMG-0885.jpg
IMG-0884.jpg
IMG-0883.jpg
IMG-0882.jpg
IMG-0881.jpg

Hi, I don't know about return with Aliexpress.
the same thing with my cps2 a+b, a lot of broken plastics despite good packaging. the cps2 have a plastic that ages badly. my package had only traveled 600km

Hi, I don't know about return with Aliexpress.
the same thing with my cps2 a+b, a lot of broken plastics despite good packaging. the cps2 have a plastic that ages badly. my package had only traveled 600km
If the packaging had any reasonable amount of effort put into it, I would be less upset. But this was done in 30 seconds with attempts at making sure it arrives in one piece.

Sad to hear about your CPS2. Someone needs to start an injection molded run for housings for these things.

If the packaging had any reasonable amount of effort put into it, I would be less upset. But this was done in 30 seconds with attempts at making sure it arrives in one piece.

Sad to hear about your CPS2. Someone needs to start an injection molded run for housings for these things.
Dealing with similar right now, won an item on eBay, paid probably 2x the actual shipping cost, and sent a note with the payment "please double box this item, I will pay any extra materials or freight charge." No reply, shipped in a single box, and now he wants more photos because he thinks he can win a UPS claim lol (you won't win if you inadequately pack your item.)

I'm only upset because I literally told the dude how to pack it, and now somehow it's UPSes fault he only left 1/2in padding under a 35lb monitor :/

Attachments

• 20220506_174814.jpg
    20220506_174814.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 20220506_181210.jpg
    20220506_181210.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 93
If this was bought through Aliexpress you should be ok. I've had my share of stories through there but they've always been really good at sorting it out.

Typically I approach the seller first and see what they say - a "see this? what do you think?" message. If I am unhappy I would lodge the offical complaint to Aliexpress (they won't do anything for X days while you sort it out with the buyer). Import note - Do not cancel this complaint, no matter what a seller says, until you are happy (once you cancel you have limited recourse). Then approach the seller again with all the evidence (really load up on photos) and what you would like to make it right. Most of the sellers I've had problems with have been really good and fair.*

*Got a DOA PS3 PSU that had to go to Aliexpress mediation cause they refused to acknowledge the problem just kept demanding I cancel my complaint. Aliexpress provided me a complete refund.

If this was bought through Aliexpress you should be ok. I've had my share of stories through there but they've always been really good at sorting it out.

Typically I approach the seller first and see what they say - a "see this? what do you think?" message. If I am unhappy I would lodge the offical complaint to Aliexpress (they won't do anything for X days while you sort it out with the buyer). Import note - Do not cancel this complaint, no matter what a seller says, until you are happy (once you cancel you have limited recourse). Then approach the seller again with all the evidence (really load up on photos) and what you would like to make it right. Most of the sellers I've had problems with have been really good and fair.*

*Got a DOA PS3 PSU that had to go to Aliexpress mediation cause they refused to acknowledge the problem just kept demanding I cancel my complaint. Aliexpress provided me a complete refund.

I've already started the process and really glad to hear that! I've purchased quite a bit on Aliexpress and never returned anything, so I'm sure they'd be reasonable with their policy.

But this makes me glad to hear! Now the challenge is finding a cheap donor CPS2 board for my multi 😁

Open it up and examine the boards. As long as you don't see like a cracked PCB or something like that, it's probably still fine as far as functionality goes. But if you'd rather do a return, I wouldn't touch it and just set it aside.

Sorry to hear this happened, hope you're able to resolve it to your satisfaction!

btw, make sure the holding pegs of the pcb board in the B board case are not damaged and about to break. I have an awful horror story about this:

I bought a cps2 kit from a seller, the box got damaged in shipping, the cases had WHAT SEEMED TO BE superficial damages, but the pegs inside the B board casing were damaged. So what happened? Eventually, when installing the B board to a pretty much brand new japanese A board, the pegs inside broke, and the pcb inside the base SLID just a bit. It would wiggle just a bit enough to be hard to notice.

Just a bit enough to destroy the pins of the new japanese A board.

Open it up and examine the boards. As long as you don't see like a cracked PCB or something like that, it's probably still fine as far as functionality goes. But if you'd rather do a return, I wouldn't touch it and just set it aside.

Sorry to hear this happened, hope you're able to resolve it to your satisfaction!
Sounds like the boards are more resilient than the housings!

I wasn't willing to accept it, but Aliexpress wasn't fond of me sending it return. The 80$ shipping probably didn't convince them lol. So instead they did a partial refund, and i keep the broken board.

btw, make sure the holding pegs of the pcb board in the B board case are not damaged and about to break. I have an awful horror story about this:

I bought a cps2 kit from a seller, the box got damaged in shipping, the cases had WHAT SEEMED TO BE superficial damages, but the pegs inside the B board casing were damaged. So what happened? Eventually, when installing the B board to a pretty much brand new japanese A board, the pegs inside broke, and the pcb inside the base SLID just a bit. It would wiggle just a bit enough to be hard to notice.

Just a bit enough to destroy the pins of the new japanese A board.
Funny enough, you practically predicted whats next. Since i ended up keeping it, I decided to open it up. Turns out the entire thing is mangled inside and out, and almost all of the pegs are broken clean off. Some of the pegs were broken unrelated to the shipping damages, because there's giant gobs of superglue that was holding them in place to the top shell. Turns out the gunk on the vent slits on the front was some of the superglue that made it out front.

My heart goes out to the Japanese A board. Was it salvageable?

Back