What's new
If RJ (Arcadecomponents) says it's a bad 3016, then it's most likely a bad 3016.

If RJ (Arcadecomponents) says it's a bad 3016, then it's most likely a bad 3016.

I did end up ordering both the 2610 and 3016-d chip from aliexpress, but I suspect it was 2610 not outputting anything. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32979551641.html Hopefully that's the same chip. There are variations of the chip on aliexpress and some sellers mix in 2610b 2608 with 2610 listings. It takes so long in transit, might as well order both.

His video was very helpful, but I have not done a trace with logic probe before nor have I heard what a correct output sound like thru my probe, I could be listening to the wrong ping lol. The traces I did were looked up via schematics, that I'm not even sure I'm reading correctly. The Neo Geo Dev Wiki also says the MV1B has no SM1 ROM, so no sound test without a cart. I indeed did not see a sound test until I got UniBios working. If 2610 fixes it, I will have answered all my questions regarding how it should sound like, the pins I traced etc. Gotta start somewhere, first time for everything. Thanks XianXi for your help.

Hello, i have a few questions, where did you ordered the pcb and parts from the same site? where did you taken audio ground for L and R channels?

And when you order the parts via ebay?
it is the same. i need to choose tracking shipping because italian postal service doesn't deliver untracked mails to my address (Thanks renziE)

Maybe there is a Conrad store or similar arround your place?

Back