What's new

totologic

Student
Reaction score
Hi guys.

I am here to present to you the Neotris project. It started 1 year ago, when I started programming for Neo Geo.

In a few words, Neotris is a tetris-like with solo 1P, versus 2P and battle 4P modes. The 4P works with a home made multitap.

solo.jpg
battle.jpg

multitap.jpeg

The game is in beta version, 98% completed and it is almost ready for physical production (but it will wait the end of the Covid-19 crisis for that <X ).

A demo video is available here: Neotris Attract Mode and Solo play

The inserts in US and JP version:

neotris_us.jpeg

Today the beta version is available for free downloading. ROM can be found for MAME, Darksoft Multi and NeoSD.

Links and instructions are here: https://www.chipsonsteroids.com/

All feedbacks are welcome. The final version of Neotris will also be in free downloading.

At last, you can support the project :love: : https://en.tipeee.com/chipsonsteroids

Have fun ! :thumbup:

Attachments

• neotris_jp.jpeg
    neotris_jp.jpeg
    331.2 KB · Views: 297
  • versus.jpg
    versus.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:

meybarra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Playing on my Mister now after doing the aof folder rename. I really like the music.

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
I was hoping maybe I could make a dedicated conversion cart for this bit it seems the V-ROMs are too big.

thegreathopper

Student
Reaction score
How do I get this onto my NeoSD, would love to give it a try on my home console. Do I just copy to the SD cart?

Thanks

Swirl

Student
Reaction score
Oh man this looks really great; looking forward to the physical release. Would definitely play with friends.

buffi

Grand Master
Reaction score
Any plan for an official MVS release btw?
I like to support homebrew (like ngdevteam), but have no interest in AES.

totologic

Student
Reaction score
Sadly, the Covid-19 crisis has frozen all the plans for physical production.

buffi

Grand Master
Reaction score
Oh shit, that's unfortunate :(

Well, I'll keep my hopes up for a physical release some time in the future. Next year is also a good year to buy stuff!

totologic

Student
Reaction score
I was hoping maybe I could make a dedicated conversion cart for this bit it seems the V-ROMs are too big.
The game is free for downloading and playing, but don't forget that the game is not open source and it is protected by intellectual property.

Making a convert for your own purpose is OK. But I expect people will not try make convert to sell them, as it is absolutly not the aim.

Last edited:

Dache

Student
Reaction score
That's great work, congrats!

Can you tell us more about the 4P multitap? How are you handling four player's worth of inputs on the NG's 2 ports, what was the process like to figure it out? That's a whole level above just making the game!

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
Making a convert for your own purpose is OK. But I expect people will not try make convert to sell them, as it is absolutly not the aim.
Of course not!

I've also left you a tip. Looking forward to the final release. :D

totologic

Student
Reaction score
I plan to release the electronic diagram for the multitap.

That is really simple, the multitap uses the 2 ports of the Neo Geo, 2 controllers being multiplexed on each port. I use the same principles as the Majhong controller, the pins OUT 1 and 2 are switched on/off to select the relevant inputs.