What's new
Reaction score
So working on trying to repair a Triforce with no Video

Thus far I have checked that power to the unit and the video work with another Working Triforce I have.
On that same setup matching the dip switches from the working unit 1-5 off 6 on which is 15k
No video on post.

I have reseated the network board and the Mario Kart arcade GP cartridge as well as reseated the security key. Reseated the media board as well.
Nothing looks damaged or unconnected

When powering on fans spin leds light up
jXxUtKX

https://imgur.com/jXxUtKX

The only thing I can notice that is out of place is the cr 2032 battery is missing. Planning on replacing that tommorow by heading to the store.
But should I still not get video?

What other troubleshooting steps should I take?

Are you hearing the boot sound?

I fixed one by completely taking it apart and reseating all connectors, etc. before. Would't hurt to try that.

My testing rig does not have sound so not sure, I have not been able to find a tear down video so I guess I was waiting to try a few other things before I dove into that.

Tried popping in a 2032 battery i pulled off a random PC didnt work, going to buy a fresh one in case that one was dead
But yea still looking for ideas.

Before you recap check the brown flat ribbon cable between base board and what I can only describe as video generator board - housed in metal shielding I had same problem a while back and this cable had come detached at base board.. On another topic has anyone experienced "Media board is not found" comes up during play and after leaving machine switched off for 2 days or so game boots fine but again fails in game with this fault. Got it into Media Board test today but around the 60% mark screen showed "now loading" xxxxxx then " media board is not found"

I had it recapped and it definitely fixed the problem.
Just gave it to the guy who does my monitors. I had just gotten the monitor repaired too and its real blue washed. I need to adjust the monitor and hook up another vga source to confirm that blue wash is not coming from the triforce

Back