What's new
im the customer xian is doing the multi for. What card should i buy that you know works?

Sorry about my grammar im on powerful medications after a surgery.

Last edited:
I want a photo of the PRG rom adapter board because someone I know actually received one with a mistake on the assembly.

The EVO is the one that the multi doesn’t detect, looking at it on the PC, the EVO has a permanent boot partition on it or something. Tried reformatting and no change. The EVO shows up as two HDDs.
you could try using a program like partition magic, that should let you manually remove each partition on the card, then you can re-format it as one partition.

hes spent to much time on it i told him i would just buy a new card and send him it.

But i would like a for sure one that works thats not a bootleg.

hes spent to much time on it i told him i would just buy a new card and send him it.

But i would like a for sure one that works thats not a bootleg.
Then buy one from a retail store that's getting them from official channels - shouldn't cost much more than eBay and it's a safer bet

ya that doesnt help at all. I had official ones from amazon sold by amazon and it didnt work. A apecific brand and model known to work is more helpful

I've got a few Sandisk Ultra cards and never had any issues with them on the CPS2 multi
sdisk.png

ya that doesnt help at all. I had official ones from amazon sold by amazon and it didnt work. A apecific brand and model known to work is more helpful
I didn't say Amazon - I meant a physical store you walk into - Amazon can still end up with fakes sadly

I've got a SanDisk Ultra in mine as above and I've had no issues, I've also used Samsung Evo before and these also worked fine

It's entirely possible the cards were good but your reader damaged the card as well (I've had this happen 3 times now) - so buying the card and sending it to XianXi is definitely a good idea

Samsung are IMO the best ones. If they are 8Gb or 4GB in size, even better. Like this one:

Attachments

• Samsung-4GB-microSDHC-Memoria-flash.jpg
    Samsung-4GB-microSDHC-Memoria-flash.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 214
Windows has diskpart, no need for additional programs.

Even if the card is blank (filled with 0xFF) Windows will properly partition and format if you push YES when it mentions the card need to be formatted.
You should go with the default settings. That will work fine with the CPS2 Multi.

Don't ever let a computer running MAC OS touch the card because it will fill all directories of the card with hidden files that make the CPS2 MULTI stall/crash.

This official tool will "resize" and remove all partitions on an SD card.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/
I'll try that out, thanks.
Even if the card is blank (filled with 0xFF) Windows will properly partition and format if you push YES when it mentions the card need to be formatted.
You should go with the default settings. That will work fine with the CPS2 Multi.

Don't ever let a computer running MAC OS touch the card because it will fill all directories of the card with hidden files that make the CPS2 MULTI stall/crash.
That's what I thought but it didn't, did default and full reformat, boot partition was still there. I learned about the Mac thing on the very first one I modded. I'll try the tool above and report back. Thanks guys.

well my island has only a walmart. I tried to get the one darksoft posted but they are ether sold out everywhere or discontinued.

I never thought my shity little card reader could be writing the card wrong. Ill get s new card read writer.

Last edited:
@rtw that fixed the card, thx.

So now it recognizes the SD, but now I have graphic address errors. So I’m guessing I have a blank GPAL as well.

@Mitsurugi-w you got good ones to go?

@Darksoft the customer bought the kit from a place called Save Your Games he said.

I have a TOP2049, if there’s a cross reference I can maybe program it.

Tried it with the FPAL (7->J17) and it cleared up the GFX but Audio has address problems.

So am I correct that I just need a good GPAL?

@Darksoft the customer bought the kit from a place called Save Your Games he said.

I have a TOP2049, if there’s a cross reference I can maybe program it.
they are supported on top3000 so probably also on top2049. Gal16v8d iirc

Back