What's new
finished mine over the weekend... very solid!

I have a few quick questions -

* does anyone have a link to a comparable power supply that works? The one it came with has an extended adapter to make it US... it sticks out super far.

* any tips on how to get the network adapter lined up better? Everything seems just a tiny bit too high (I'm sure it's something I did wrong, but not sure what).

Gv3AKNQ.jpg

* does anyone have a link to a comparable power supply that works? The one it came with has an extended adapter to make it US... it sticks out super far.

* any tips on how to get the network adapter lined up better? Everything seems just a tiny bit too high (I'm sure it's something I did wrong, but not sure what).

Gv3AKNQ.jpg
My network adapter is the same - not *quite* perfect - but i can get the cable in there. The case is designed for the modem and RJ11 port.

Matt

My network adapter is the same - not *quite* perfect - but i can get the cable in there. The case is designed for the modem and RJ11 port.

Matt

Ah, I think I have one of those... I'll switch it out and see if that works better. Need to get PSO working one of these days too

Hello people

@Micromort I have designed the Case only for 56k Modem :(

We know the Ethernat Adapter very less produced. Thats why i have made it only for 56k

and i dont understand about of the PSU . You mean my Designed PSU or AC Adapter ?

Hello people

@Micromort I have designed the Case only for 56k Modem :(

We know the Ethernat Adapter very less produced. Thats why i have made it only for 56k

and i dont understand about of the PSU . You mean my Designed PSU or AC Adapter ?

Hi! sorry, I meant the AC Adapter... I figure there's probably one on amazon or ebay that doesn't need the converter attached.

Finally got around to building mine and got everything completed. I would post pics but need a few things.

Need to go through my boxes and find my AV cable and I need an AC adapter.

I believe a 12v 3a is recommended. I found a 12v 2a, would that be enough?

Finally got around to building mine and got everything completed. I would post pics but need a few things.

Buy the required power supply from a trusted online electronics reseller. Nothing on ebay/amazon can be trusted anymore as most plugpacks sold have an actual amperage 50% or less than listed :(
I use and recommend digikey for all my plugpacks.

Last edited:

Buy the required power supply from a trusted online electronics reseller. Nothing on ebay/amazon can be trusted anymore as most plugpacks sold have an actual amperage 50% or less than listed :( I use and recommend digikey for all my plugpacks.
The Dreamcast is working with 2A. But i recommended a good quality PSU. And it has to be at least 4-5A

@hursit is there a good place on your power supply to grab 5v? Want to do a small led mod to give it just a faint blue glow from the vents.

@hursit is there a good place on your power supply to grab 5v? Want to do a small led mod to give it just a faint blue glow from the vents.
Red circle. You can probably splice it from the fan's 5v wire or solder underneath the controller port board where the fan pin header is soldered.

Attachments

• dreamcast psu.jpg
    dreamcast psu.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
There is a empty connector space in my PSU for the 5v my friend
Please pm to me for the details

Got my Noctua fan and ready to adapt the connector on the end.

Noticed Red / black / yellow on the fan end but on original connector end red and black swap which seems odd.

I am assuming I should trust the colors that red is 5v, yellow is tach, black is ground?

So if I chop of the cable from the original fan and connect to wires of noctua fan...

Red -> Red, Black -> Blue, yellow to orange?

Got my Noctua fan and ready to adapt the connector on the end.

Noticed Red / black / yellow on the fan end but on original connector end red and black swap which seems odd.

I am assuming I should trust the colors that red is 5v, yellow is tach, black is ground?

So if I chop of the cable from the original fan and connect to wires of noctua fan...

Red -> Red, Black -> Blue, yellow to orange?
Hey
chect this please. And do not forget about the resistor between 5V and the Signal

b641006b3fafd6bc179b90ba72ee069b_display_large.jpg

xxeUgUn.jpg

Pic is what I thought for colors.

I dont see a resistor on your cable, did you solder the resistor to the bottom of the controller board? That seems like it would be easier.

Pic is what I thought for colors.

I dont see a resistor on your cable, did you solder the resistor to the bottom of the controller board? That seems like it would be easier.
yes my Friend. I have soldered it to the bottom of the controller board. ;)

Finally put together my case recently. Really thrilled with how it came out!

20201217_201102.jpg

20201217_201121.jpg

I would like to buy some additional power adapters to make my life easier for when I need to move the console to different locations. The listing on @hursit site is out of stock, so I'm looking for a reputable supplier hopefully in North America or at least not on the other side of the world from me.

I would like to buy some additional power adapters to make my life easier for when I need to move the console to different locations. The listing on @hursit site is out of stock, so I'm looking for a reputable supplier hopefully in North America or at least not on the other side of the world from me.

Same here. If you find anything that works can you update this thread?

Back