GPIO reset
Simple fix
Code:
                GPIO.setmode(GPIO.BOARD)
                GPIO.setup(40, GPIO.OUT)
                GPIO.output(40,1)
                sleep(0.4)
                GPIO.output(40,0)
This is all that needs to be added to support it. It's set up to use pin 40 which should not be a problem on any version of the Pi that is supported.

This should be implemented on all builds by default, its a simple way to support the AW converted games that unfortunately lock up the naomi when you want to launch/load another game.
Ah. Yeah, that's in there already. Thank you! :)
Sweet...

I really like @chunksin build and is the one I currently use. I dont believe it supports the use of the LCD display at the same time, nor did it implement the gpio reset.

I would love if we could have one build that supports:
Web interface (with the nice UI/menu/game info/setup, etc..)
LCD display (adafruit, etc...)
Incorporates the gpio reset code for AW games
Support the latest Rpi 3B+, better yet the ver4

Option - alternate way to connect to the pi for web interface through bluetooth would be nice.
For whatever reason the signing onto the naomi ssid usually takes a few tries, putting in the password; also the network/password is not autosaved to reconnect to it later on (atleast not on my iphone) so hen I select the network again I have to enter the password again. Maybe its an iphone issue, not sure.

Also, the image of the build should be set up for a 32gb sd card (I dont think the image would be much larger than one meant for a 4gb card when compressed). I think this is the size that would fit all games currently playable on the system. A few people have issues resizing/moving the partitions so this would help.

Thats all I can think of for now. Im sure you have a ton of features you want to implement.

I would also like to see this ported to the 3b+ and 4, at some point it will become difficult to get the older pi's, I've bought a spare but had a hard time finding it here in the UK at the time, ironic really as they're built here!

Honestly there isn't much need for the older RPIs. Perhaps I should get off my lazy ass and finish that script's few bugs, it's easy to slot this into it should you want to use it and removed piforcetools from being locked to any rpi version.
That would be completely amazing! :D

I would also like to see this ported to the 3b+ and 4, at some point it will become difficult to get the older pi's, I've bought a spare but had a hard time finding it here in the UK at the time, ironic really as they're built here!
This is being developed for the 3B+ and 4 specifically, with mind to keeping things platform-agnostic. :)

This isn't piforce-web, it's something totally new.

@sammargh, which script are you referring to? I'm intrigued.

Last edited:
For whatever reason the signing onto the naomi ssid usually takes a few tries, putting in the password; also the network/password is not autosaved to reconnect to it later on (atleast not on my iphone) so hen I select the network again I have to enter the password again. Maybe its an iphone issue, not sure.
Nope it's like that on my ipad, my galaxy note, my pc - anything.

One feature I would really love - apart from being able to reset AW games, is a loading % screen from the time you "load" the bin, some progress bar would be awesome.

Nope it's like that on my ipad, my galaxy note, my pc - anything.

One feature I would really love - apart from being able to reset AW games, is a loading % screen from the time you "load" the bin, some progress bar would be awesome.
That's something that I'll be able to add in pretty easily once I have some solid IPC/messaging implemented (what I'm presently doing). I've wanted this as well.

This is being developed for the 3B+ and 4 specifically, with mind to keeping things platform-agnostic. :)
This isn't piforce-web, it's something totally new.

@sammargh, which script are you referring to? I'm intrigued.
A set of scripts I had worked on previous to remove piforce from needing specific raspbian builds. https://github.com/sammargh/pinaomiforcewebtools

There's still some outlier bugs I never went back and fixed outlined in the thread I made here https://www.arcade-projects.com/for...pproach-to-raspberrypi-netboot-programs.7363/

A set of scripts I had worked on previous to remove piforce from needing specific raspbian builds. https://github.com/sammargh/pinaomiforcewebtools
There's still some outlier bugs I never went back and fixed outlined in the thread I made here https://www.arcade-projects.com/for...pproach-to-raspberrypi-netboot-programs.7363/
Nice work!

I like this approach way better, as it's more future tolerant. Is it okay with you if I end up touching your script/including it with my project when it's ready?

Nice work!
I like this approach way better, as it's more future tolerant. Is it okay with you if I end up touching your script/including it with my project when it's ready?
Go for it, I only made it because I was tired of my rpi2 imploding

Life is finally giving me a bit of a break, so I spent some time on projects this evening.

Still haven't fully implemented a messagebus, It's still next on my list. For some reason, my brain has trouble wrapping itself around it. I don't know why, it's a relatively simple concept.

However, I did do a crapload of cleanup and streamlining, refactoring and replanning today on a fresh branch.
https://github.com/tugpoat/ACNTBoot/tree/multinode

Once I get messaging in place, I can redo the Web UI, Write up touchscreen and adafruit LCD UIs, Enable easy management of multiple nodes and allow for other fun things to be added in.

Merged ACNTBoot multinode branch into master, which breaks what functionality it did have.
I don't imagine anyone is actually using this anyways though so lel.

RFC from code nerds pls

implemented messaging and multi-node might sort of work now.
Multi-node is really just a stepping stone to API Master/Slave mode, as being able to control multiple nodes without being able to perform a GPIO reset on each of them is ultimately somewhat useless.

Single endpoint mode is simply a scaled back multi-node system now.

there are a couple default nodes included for now that can be edited. However I've yet to add in the ability to create/destroy them through the Web UI.

Presently working on status messaging (with percent progress indication of uploads).

These revisions also mean that implementing and adding new UIs that run concurrently and integrate is now well within possibility.

Things are a bit gross from all the messing around I've done this evening, and I'll need to clean it all up again when I've got a fresh mind.

Feel free to have a look if you're curious.

I did a little more thinking:

When I do implement the API Master/Slave mode, I won't be publically releasing it. I don't feel the need to enable bootleg for-profit arcades even more than I already have.

I'm doing this whole thing for funsies, and I don't like the idea of somebody taking my work that I did for fun, and then turning a profit on it through piracy of something I really like, from a company I've always had a soft spot for.

However, if you are running a tournament event and have the licenses to back it up, I wouldn't be opposed to an arrangement of some sort.

then turning a profit on it through piracy of something I really like, from a company I've always had a soft spot for.
I'm pretty sure Sega is not seeing a cent from any netboot era hardware at this point.

then turning a profit on it through piracy of something I really like, from a company I've always had a soft spot for.
I'm pretty sure Sega is not seeing a cent from any netboot era hardware at this point.
I'm doing this whole thing for funsies, and I don't like the idea of somebody taking my work that I did for fun, and then turning a profit on it through piracy of something I really like
I don't think I need any further justification.

Sega isn't making any money, but I'm also not interested in making an entire arcade's worth of netbooted units highly manageable for free, as it's going to be misused the second I do so.

Last edited:
Really if an arcade owner wanted an easy route to boot to a single game I would suggest using the Orange Pi netboot that utilizes a thumb drive ( Netboot: pi zero stylee edition ) . No front end to tinker with, no set up, no features, no nothing .. it just boots right into the game.

Where as what @Smurph 's version seems to be more geared towards us home users that essentially use our NetBoot rigs for basically a console.

Sega isn't making any money, but I'm also not interested in making an entire arcade's worth of netbooted units highly manageable for free, as it's going to be misused the second I do so.
I don't know about that. Arcades are going to want to set something up so that it boots automatically to the same game every single day. Most arcades that are running "pirated" NAOMI setups are running CF for that reason and would probably go to the orange pi setup if they moved away from CF to net boot.

the people that your setup would benefit are those guys that bring cabs to events where they want to boot a different set of games every event.

Back