What's new

Emirii

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello, now that I have a FFTASC cab, my husband now wants his own. He really likes the 2 player viewlix/chewlix so we can play together, but I have some questions before I just buy one and have some suprises...

1. For a beginner who just wants to have fun, what are the biggest differences between Viewlix and Chewlix? My husband thinks he might as well get a Viewlix as they are "around the same money", but I don't know what he was really looking at. Where do people buy Chewlix from, china? Also, there are different types of Viewlix, like diamond and C/F. I know the difference is how old they are and the screen resolution, so other than resolution, is there any other advantage between one or the other (other than resolution)? The prices vary greatly.

2. Do Viewlix/Chewlix typically come with a Taito X3/X4 computer? Or are they blank slates with nothing but the controller and monitor inside them?

3. For multi's, is JAMMA harness or FastIO better? Is there any difference? Can use JAMMA with X3 if I happen to get a cab with that installed? I would want to play a wide variety of games. If the multi game requires nesica, do you have to have a nesica module installed (& similar hardware for other games), or is it em*lated?

4. For multiplay on the multi, if the original game was set up as a single player cab that connects thru lan/wan, on the multi can you play 2 player on 1 cab for these games? (2 controlls)

5. Sorta oddly specific but... the multi I found has FFTASC on it, if I plugged that in to my real cab and played the game, would all the lights light up just like the original game? Or are the games being em*lated?

6. Bonus question... I can buy a X3 on Yahoo Auctions for 200$, but how much typically is shipping to US from Buyee? I see some being sold here for $500 and wondering if I'd just be paying the same amount to just buy it on the forum instead of going thru auction.

Thanks for answering my questions, I have been reading and looking at various "for sale" but other than just harassing the seller with these questions I thought I'd just ask here so I could be more informed lol.

Last edited:
Back