What's new
Let me clarify current status. We didn't reach the 250 units yet, even if we count people that weren't in the 1st 250, so that means that every one that ordered so far is 1st batch and there are still about 40 units left so those who order from now on will be also 1st batch, at least for the next 40 units. No need to message anymore HSS or Aldo. First come, first served.

Just a side note, this means that only about 35% of the people that were on the interest check ended up ordering, which is not what we expected. Anyways, next multi we will probably won't keep any lists first come first served

Now stop reading and get yours!!!

Just a side note, this means that only about 35% of the people that were on the interest check ended up ordering, which is not what we expected. Anyways, next multi we will probably won't keep any lists first come first served
maybe a bonus for the 35% like priority for next multi :D

You should do a Konami multi next. The only drawback is that pretty much every Konami game uses a custom design so each multi would only be able to run one game… 😉

Kinda sad only 35% of the people saying they wanted one sold through. That doesn’t bode well for future interest lists and their reliability.
The mister core surely hurt the multi’s sales, or people got sticker shock from the price.
Either way, 65% of the people who signed up didn’t come through.
That’s whack.

people got sticker shock from the price.
I think this is probably most of it
65% of the people who signed up didn’t come through
65% of the first 250... I think a lot of people later on the list have avoided pre ordering assuming they would have to wait for their number in a future batch.

Kinda sad only 35% of the people saying they wanted one sold through. That doesn’t bode well for future interest lists and their reliability.
The mister core surely hurt the multi’s sales, or people got sticker shock from the price.
Either way, 65% of the people who signed up didn’t come through.
That’s whack.
I think the interpretation of what Darksoft said is being misunderstood. If there were 250 multis intended for the first 250 on the list and 40 units left unsold. That means 210 total ordered the whole list is 618 people. Hence 35% of everyone on the list, so actual representation from the first 250 is very low.
I think your points about sticker shock and mister explain most of it. That and the interest list is just that and not a Kickstarter or preorder. There were no funds pledged upfront.

If there were 250 multis intended for the first 250 on the list and 40 units left unsold.
That's an 84% take rate, which I think is pretty typical for these lists, it also means people further down the list are respecting the list.

No queue, just order and you will get a multi maybe in the 1st batch, if not in the 2nd batch.
I guess my point is Darksoft has been telling people to just order since two weeks ago. So I think the actual representation from the first 250 is low.

The gist I’ve gotten from Discord chat and Twitter is “For that much money, I’ll stick with the MiSTer for CPS1.”

The gist I’ve gotten from Discord chat and Twitter is “For that much money, I’ll stick with the MiSTer for CPS1.”
If you are going to get a Mister, better get a Pandora Box, is cheaper and is also a new implementation of the original Hardware. Mark my words: "Nothing beats the original"

I think the interpretation of what Darksoft said is being misunderstood. If there were 250 multis intended for the first 250 on the list and 40 units left unsold. That means 210 total ordered the whole list is 618 people. Hence 35% of everyone on the list, so actual representation from the first 250 is very low.
I think your points about sticker shock and mister explain most of it. That and the interest list is just that and not a Kickstarter or preorder. There were no funds pledged upfront.
^THAT^

I'm waiting for a Punch of luck to sell some of my boards here so I can grab a 2nd cps1 multi.
Maybe I'll toss some to the bay route though I'm not too keen of the idea. If not I'll have to wait just a little more.
Mister my balls sorry not sorry :saint:

Last edited:
Back