What's new
I thought I read somewhere that the resale ROMs had been modified to compensate for being on a 12Mhz board.
This is the first time I've read something like this. If this is true, then there should be separate sets on MAME for 10Mhz and 12Mhz, but afaik there are just regional differences.

If this is true, then there should be separate sets on MAME for 10Mhz and 12Mhz
There are:
Code:
GAME( 1988, daimakai,    ghouls,   cps1_10MHz, daimakai, cps_state, init_cps1,     ROT0,   "Capcom", "Daimakaimura (Japan)", MACHINE_SUPPORTS_SAVE )              // Wed.26.10.1988 in the ROMs
GAME( 1988, daimakair,   ghouls,   cps1_12MHz, daimakai, cps_state, init_cps1,     ROT0,   "Capcom", "Daimakaimura (Japan Resale Ver.)", MACHINE_SUPPORTS_SAVE )      // Wed.26.10.1988 in the ROMs   // 12MHz verified

Message yaton and get a refund or replacement, you paid for something listed as working so if it's not, get a working one or a refund, don't pay someone else to troubleshoot it

I can almost guarantee it'll be the same dodgy populated CPS1.5 A board as @djsheep got :(

Edit: as blurry as the photo is I can see the Dash sticker, so if it is a repopulated CPS1.5 it's been switched out.

Last edited:
Yaton messaged me last night asking me if I was cool getting a different A-board then the one pictured in my auction. The reasoning was because he can't find the board.

Based on everyones trouble on this thread I asked for a full refund. I'll buy a board from someone closer. That just rubs me the wrong way.

You're right, request a refund. Shame too, was hoping for some good King of Dragons action even before a multi set up.

Sorry to hear it man, that's why I sent you that message. :(

Yep, I was shit outta luck with all that running around, I even waited for a second board set to be delivered from China which was worse than the first. I’m still hunting for a clean CPS-1 Dash setup if anyone has one out there...

Same here @djsheep I think that once the first batch of Multis go out, people will have others available to sell.

The problem is the A board is required for the multi so once the multi is available I'd expect A board availability to go down and prices to go up. I hope I'm wrong

The problem is the A board is required for the multi so once the multi is available I'd expect A board availability to go down and prices to go up. I hope I'm wrong
A board with stock 12mhz crystal (or one 12mhz crystal maybe will comes with the kit) and b-21 c board set will be fine for everybody wants to join on the DS & Apocalypse CPS1 multi world

As I understand it no particular C board is required and all the ROMs for the multi have been modified to accept any C board, and I seem to remember Apocalypse and Darksoft saying the new multi B board will have kick harness connections so it's not reliant on the proper C board :)

Last edited:
Back