What's new
As I understand it no particular C board is required and all the ROMs for the multi have been modified to accept any C board, and I seem to remember Apocalypse and Darksoft saying the new multi B board will have kick harness connections so it's not reliant on the proper C board :)
ahh... i understand now. seems it will be a different multi kit and it will not be like @aje_fr or @Lydz versions :saint: .

As I understand it no particular C board is required and all the ROMs for the multi have been modified to accept any C board, and I seem to remember Apocalypse and Darksoft saying the new multi B board will have kick harness connections so it's not reliant on the proper C board :)
No ROM will be modified. The multi will automatically detect the C-board then patch on the fly B registers and layer mask values.

Will the multi support different regions for each game?

A few years ago we started to list some of the known regional variations: https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?t=23230 . Some regional changes are very minor, but some affect gameplay more dramatically, like Ghouls'n Ghosts.
Absolutely, that's more than 150 official romsets supported.

GnG is a really good example, US version is said to be much easier, but if you die just before a boss and restart at the last checkpoint that has been added for that version, sometimes you're just stuck as you have no opportunity of grabbing the right weapon (no chests in between the checkpoint and the boss).

Great news, Apocalypse. This thing is going to be phenomenal.

Yeah, they really messed up the chests/checkpoint in USA version. Japan version is the real deal in that game.

Jumping on the old bandwagon late but put me down for one too :) Amazing stuff!

I've seen A boards like the cps dash (short type) with a 10MHz clock. Are they the same except for this xtal and 12MHz rated m68k?

I've seen A boards like the cps dash (short type) with a 10MHz clock. Are they the same except for this xtal and 12MHz rated m68k?
yes

There are 3 types of CPS1 A board
- Long board, 10MHz
- Short board, 10Mhz
- Short board, 12Mhz (Dash board)

yes
There are 3 types of CPS1 A board
- Long board, 10MHz
- Short board, 10Mhz
- Short board, 12Mhz (Dash board)
I have a long board 88617A-7b with 12MHz and a short board 89626A-4 also with 12MHz but this must be repaired - the start button from player 1 on the short 89626A-4 board doesn't work, and that trace must be repaired. Hope i can find someone to help me with this :whistling:

Last edited:
This is what i have in hands now :

- 88617A-7b - this has Quiz on it
HC9E9lg.jpg

- 89626A-4 - this has SF2 on it ... i think , i'm not sure about ...
CPS1 short board.jpg

Both have "CPS DASH Capcom" stickers on it.

Last edited:
Just got another CPS1 Street Fighter 2 Championship ED board and there is no sound :(

Yaton messaged me last night asking me if I was cool getting a different A-board then the one pictured in my auction. The reasoning was because he can't find the board.

Based on everyones trouble on this thread I asked for a full refund. I'll buy a board from someone closer. That just rubs me the wrong way.
I just wanted to add that Yaton has totally ghosted on me since I asked him for a full refund.

Yaton messaged me last night asking me if I was cool getting a different A-board then the one pictured in my auction. The reasoning was because he can't find the board.

Based on everyones trouble on this thread I asked for a full refund. I'll buy a board from someone closer. That just rubs me the wrong way.
I just wanted to add that Yaton has totally ghosted on me since I asked him for a full refund.
Got a message from him that he was out of town as he approved my refund. Hopefully gets back to you soon @Rg111

Back