What's new
At this point unless you are under #200 on the list I wouldn't worry about it for at least another year (maybe even two).
Currently the list has grown to 282 entries for a total of 304 units (as pointed out it hasn't been updated in a while, these numbers are actually wrong/higher now).
Even if DS surprised launched this tomorrow, how quickly do you think they can turn out 300+ finished kits?

As I've often suspected (and predicted in this thread) the CPS1 multi WILL be the biggest DS multi launch EVER (even bigger than MVS).
I have no idea if the lifetime sales will eventually live up to that expectation, but initial sales without question.

Agreed, but I guess it could help for gauging initial production materials? To extrapolate how much parts to produce/order (obviously not based only on the list, but it's a data point).

Bigger than CPS2? Hmmm, i don't know. Maybe.
Maybe not total lifetime sales, because CPS2 multi has had lots of time in the various marketplaces.
I am strictly talking about initial demand for the device, which I see as the highest so far.

Bigger than CPS2? Hmmm, i don't know. Maybe.
Maybe not total lifetime sales, because CPS2 multi has had lots of time in the various marketplaces.I am strictly talking about initial demand for the device, which I see as the highest so far.
Was there even an interest check thread for the CPS2 multi? I can't remember.

IMO the CPS2 multi is a bigger deal simply because of the fighting game library. FGC real sticklers for original hardware and frame perfect accuracy. You go to a show or tournament or weekly there are CPS2 boards and superguns, or Undamned A boards, it's out there in a big way (for a niche product). It creates a secondary demand because there are players who will take advantage of nerds providing it. Being able to swap from ST to VSav for instance is really handy.

The CPS1 is a great library, I'm really looking forward to it, but it's probably going to be stronger for collectors that keep it at home vs public settings. Doesn't have the same level of secondary demand.

So in that sense I think the CPS2 is a bigger deal. But the market has changed, launching now vs launching then feels pretty different. Just this forum alone is a big difference. So CPS1 might get a bigger launch buzz for sure.

All I know is I can be patient, but I want it!

IMO the CPS2 multi is a bigger deal simply because of the fighting game library
Its funny you say that, because yes CPS2 has more fighting games... But my two most favorite Street Fighters (Champion and 3-3rd) don't appear on it period.
Far as I'm concerned best fighting game on CPS2 is MvC, followed by the Darkstalkers/Vampire series.

Never really cared for Alphas, seems more like a spin-off (also see Street Fighter EX) than a mainline entry in the series.

Its funny you say that, because yes CPS2 has more fighting games... But my two most favorite Street Fighters (Champion and 3-3rd) don't appear on it period.
Sure, everyone's tastes are different. I keep a pair of cabs dedicated to Third Strike (Darksoft, but never change it lol) and a pair of cabs with the DS CPS2 and that one rotates by the mood and crowd that night. But I'm just talking about the big picture, there's a viable scene for ST and VSav and to a lesser extend Alphas. CE might be a great game still, but it's not played in public much. Even HF which is more popular isn't a big public game. So the CPS2 stuff might not be your fav, but when it comes to exposing crowds I think it's bigger. And that drives sales. I kinda want a second CPS2 DS setup just for that reason since I host games. Not for me, but for The People™

I have a HF board that I'll probably convert to the multi, but I'm lazy about putting it in for people. I just use the CPS2 anniversary edition if we want to fool around. It's not exactly the same, but it's close enough to scratch the itch, and means I don't have to swap boards.

As I've often suspected (and predicted in this thread) the CPS1 multi WILL be the biggest DS multi launch EVER (even bigger than MVS).

I have no idea if the lifetime sales will eventually live up to that expectation, but initial sales without question.
When you check the reservation list , its quite something :)

CPS1 games are personally my favorites and i understand that probably everyone one of us wanting one here XD
I wasn't aware how strong the Arcade community was until i stepped in here.
Seeing real people using lots of their personal time to bring other fans such good product is truly amazing.

it even pushed me into making some stuff too :3
haha

Is the list even relevant anymore though? I mean its pretty much known that a grip of people want to get their hands on this multi.
It’s relevant as far as the que goes.
Yeah, I don't believe Darksoft has ever done anything in batches of 500+ pieces, which means likely 100 or so at a time and some people want to know which batch they will be in. Also, it's not advisable to do a giant first release, as your first users may quickly find something you overlooked and now you are sitting on a pile of boards that need to be modified.
-ud

We have a few of the other amazing multis so definitely happy to put us down for one. Not fussed for however long that takes ;)

The multi will most likely be available through saveyourgames.it like all other DS multis. You guys are nuts if you think Aldo will cross reference the SYG orders with some unofficial preorder list.

I'll just swoop in when the preorders open there ;)

Back