What's new
Maybe giving the cpu a little more work (for no reason in those cases) will slow things down similar but to a correct speed.
ah the classic "CPU Killer" method (like playing Kings Quest/DOS games on a i9 Intel)...Problem is how you can say the load timing will keep it at a constant rate/original rate?
It would be somewhat dynamic based on number of instructions executed in that given cycle, would it not?
Yeah there's no other way around it, unless the cut off point is only slightly out.
The dummy 'load' would need to be self - adjusting, or a compromise somewhere (that will have) major speed fluctuations.

So...

Is someone designing a PCB to host both crystals and a switch to alternate between them? Wouldn't be difficult, I'd wager you'd only need to switch the power pin of the oscillator.

If anyone in Australia without soldering skills needs their CPS-1 Motherboard upgraded to 12mhz, just ask.

I obviously won't charge anything outside of shipping back to you. Just provide the 12mhz crystal. If enough people need this, I will order some crystals.
youre-too-good-to-be-true-friendzone.jpg
hi : big tornado (darksoft)

Dual purpose or porpoise no ?

Friendzone and i gather when everyone gets there cps1 multi. It will be like your picture. A great smile, great development of a great product, appreciated by the makers and buyers. Also we if we are lucky enough will say wow, what a beautiful box of lush.

Best wishes all.
regards
euphoria
:)

Last edited:
If anyone in Australia without soldering skills needs their CPS-1 Motherboard upgraded to 12mhz, just ask.

I obviously won't charge anything outside of shipping back to you. Just provide the 12mhz crystal. If enough people need this, I will order some crystals.
youre-too-good-to-be-true-friendzone.jpg
hi : big tornado (darksoft)
Dual purpose or porpoise no ?

Friendzone and i gather when everyone gets there cps1 multi. It will be like your picture. A great smile, great development of a great product, appreciated by the makers and buyers. Also we if we are lucky enough will say wow, what a beautiful box of lush.

Best wishes all.
regards
euphoria
:)
That would be the best Friendzone a man could get!

So...

Is someone designing a PCB to host both crystals and a switch to alternate between them? Wouldn't be difficult, I'd wager you'd only need to switch the power pin of the oscillator.
You just got nominated...

:D

... if we are lucky enough will say wow, what a beautiful box of lush.
Um, are we still talking about arcade games...?

:D

On second thought, it really doesn't matter, either way I'll take a beautiful box of lush.

8o

Could you please put me down for a board.

Last edited:
So...

I'd be interested in something like this, honestly. I just picked up a non-Dash SF2:WW kit & would love to mod it to support both crystals (so I could switch to SF2:CE).

I also would like to be put down for a kit :D Please add me to the updated list!

Last edited:
Back