What's new
I'd be very interested. Put me down for 1.

Got my CPS3 Darksoft working nice.

Still need to install my CPS2 mod. I had Ended up taking a break from messing with arcades for a while. I'm getting interested again and just found this thread. Nice!

Absolutely in for one. A Forgotten Worlds spinner connector would be awesome. :)

Absolutely in for one. A Forgotten Worlds spinner connector would be awesome. :)
Definitely possible, but let's be honest, there might be 0.1% of people owning the OG spinners. Unless your idea is to use generic spinners with a separate button.

I think it's just a matter of time until repros of those spinners will be made.

Please also add a CPS2 kickharness connector. So it's a drop in in our CPS2 setups.

CPS1 kick harness connects to the C board, which isn't being reproduced here ;) I think JNX makes an adapter though.

I know @Derick2k was looking into having the spinners reproduced, but I can't imagine they'll be cheap. I also believe these connect to the C board like the kick harness or 3P 4P connectors. But Derick2k might be able to confirm that...

Definitely possible, but let's be honest, there might be 0.1% of people owning the OG spinners. Unless your idea is to use generic spinners with a separate button.
Oh, I don't doubt it, but I hope they get reproduced at some point - I have a working pair on my dedicated cab you've been patiently helping me get connected to your conversion set, Apocalypse! :)

I already dropped Derick a line to let him know that I'd be willing to help get these repro'd at some point, too.

I think it's just a matter of time until repros of those spinners will be made.

Please also add a CPS2 kickharness connector. So it's a drop in in our CPS2 setups.
I don't rely on others, if it doesn't exist I either make it myself or live without it.
The game is 30 years old, that's more than enough time to design repro spinners.
Not saying this isn't happening but I'm not the kind of guy who waits for hypothetical releases.

honestly, I had the opportunity to play Forgotten worlds with an original control panel not too long ago and the push action on the spinner is completely overrated. you end up just holding it down the entire time you play which in turn make is annoying to twist the spinner while holding it down.

the game would be better with a regular spinner and a button on the joystick IMO. or if you're cheap just wire the button to one of the spinner outputs so it just get pushed rapid fire as you turn it.

I sort of agree with you. I actually think wiring to a regular button on th CP would be best, if you could wire it to be an on off button. Press once for continuous fire, press again to stop.

I can't believe I just found out about this, I'm super interested in buying a kit! Please add me to the list.

honestly, I had the opportunity to play Forgotten worlds with an original control panel not too long ago and the push action on the spinner is completely overrated. you end up just holding it down the entire time you play which in turn make is annoying to twist the spinner while holding it down.

the game would be better with a regular spinner and a button on the joystick IMO. or if you're cheap just wire the button to one of the spinner outputs so it just get pushed rapid fire as you turn it.
I probably said this before but I actually really like the Apocalypse hack to put the spinner action on 2 buttons. Makes it pretty playable in a normal cab.

I'm definitely interested in one as well. Please put me on the list!

Back