What's new
You weren't the first person to comment on it though? I literally meant people because it was several people before you. Apologies if it seemed like I was calling you out.

drake 2.png

Besides, this statement is what got my attention. If you are gonna get x, get y instead because it’s cheaper and has this feature.
Is that not a direct comparison? Is that not saying don’t bother with this because this is better for these reasons?

If you are going to get a Mister, better get a Pandora Box, is cheaper and is also a new implementation of the original Hardware. Mark my words: "Nothing beats the original"

did people really read that pandora's box comment as darksoft literally claiming it was near or on the same level as a mister rather than being kind of intentionally absurd to make the point that they're both emulation in the end?

reading everything at face value leads to explaining drake memes and thinking the engineer behind several multis doesn't know the difference between a mister and pandoras box

im just trying to add a little comic relief, is all. play the games however u can. i too, have all 3. i have a mistercade, a bunch of real pcb's and multis, and a wheel chuck

I read it like, buy this trash because it’s cheaper instead of buying the next best thing to original hardware.

I know he knows the difference. But putting down the competition is a bad look. It’s what TO does. I hold this group of creators in waaaaaay higher regard than those shitheads.
It’s just disappointing to see that kind of behavior here. You don’t need to downplay the competition. Let your product speak for itself.

The larger Tantalum cap near the amp was mysteriously absent on my A board save for its two leads that were still soldered to the board so either it got broken off or it had exploded. The board seemed to work without it, but I have added a new one back in its place.
Anyone know what the deal with that tantalum cap is? Seems like a lot of boards I see from Asian operators have it removed. I had a board once where the legs of the Amp there next to it looked damaged so maybe because the tantalums explode violently. Anyone know if there are any implications to running the game without it? It doesn't seem to affect operation.

I think MisterFPGA is awesome. I also love my PCBs and my mulits. And my ODEs. All this stuff is amazing and great for games. I like games. Especially games with spaceships and lasers. Ninjas are cool too. Thank you for making cool products, Darksoft, so that we can play games with spaceships and ninjas. Can’t wait to get my nasty mits on my CPS1 Mulit.

one point i think should not be missed is that the mister development seems to have put a fire under the whole delidding and mapping of old customs. Like it or not, they might stop working at one point and you original board is done for. But now it's possible to create replacements these customs.

Also, what i find kind of funny is that on the one side everything mister is bad, on the other side the qsound fpga repro is exactly like the original.

Don't get me wrong, i think we all know that there are huge differences between different works for the mister. And yes you are absolutely correct, even jotega cuts some corners on his cores, especially in the beginnings of a core, but he regularly returns to his old work to improve them.

i think what i really wanted to say was - we all know that in a perfect world we all would be playing only originals, both mister and pcs have considerble strenghs and weaknesses and all have its place and its merits,even the pandoras box, even though it's utter crap.

Anyone know what the deal with that tantalum cap is? Seems like a lot of boards I see from Asian operators have it removed. I had a board once where the legs of the Amp there next to it looked damaged so maybe because the tantalums explode violently. Anyone know if there are any implications to running the game without it? It doesn't seem to affect operation.
I took it to just be a decoupling cap for the audio circuit.

I’ve not experienced the damage of an exploding Tantalum cap first hand but I’d assume there would be more collateral damage to surrounding components on the board, so it’s not unreasonable that some people might remove it. However it’s not the only one on the A board, there are a few of them, just not as big as that one. Why didn’t those get removed at the same time?

Given it’s location near the edge of the board it’s plausible that it got broken off, but I’d expect some of the electrolytics to also fall foul of the same mishap given it’s capacitor city in that corner of the board.

I had always hesitated putting an arcade enthusiast's detailed instructions on how to get a MAME PC up and running on an arcade cab. I think this conversation has spurred me to change my mind.
You should do this as I'm sure there are a lot of people who would put it to good use. Including me.

:thumbup:

I think MisterFPGA is awesome. I also love my PCBs and my mulits. And my ODEs. All this stuff is amazing and great for games. I like games. Especially games with spaceships and lasers. Ninjas are cool too. Thank you for making cool products, Darksoft, so that we can play games with spaceships and ninjas. Can’t wait to get my nasty mits on my CPS1 Mulit.
What I want to play is a game with ninja with lasers flying spaceships. That sounds cool...

P.S. If anyone has a Pandora's Box 6 for sale, please PM me. (the original pink one)

:P

Back