What's new

GumGum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
35th Street Fighter Anniversary exhibition in Shibuya have bunch of B2 poster size for sale. These are all good B2 poster repro and official from capcom ofcourse.
Whoever living in japan should definitely visit the exhibition. Perhahps @Joko3 can help with the poster purchase.

Attachments

• FLUlzknaUAM9EfE.jpeg
    FLUlzknaUAM9EfE.jpeg
    366 KB · Views: 335
  • FLOOjCWVkAcsu3e.jpeg
    FLOOjCWVkAcsu3e.jpeg
    264.8 KB · Views: 289
  • FLOJThyVEAAfJnZ.jpeg
    FLOJThyVEAAfJnZ.jpeg
    282.1 KB · Views: 651
SF2X B2 poster

Attachments

• 273760753_4677812482344712_2210986404103277175_n.jpg
    273760753_4677812482344712_2210986404103277175_n.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 125
They look almost as good as @hursit's repro's :D (little shameless plug for my guy).
hursit's work is great no doubt! but this is somewhat the only way to acquire the poster "officially" from Capcom. Also I think the silver ink on the official poster is very tricky to replicate. I have never seen any repro could nail that..

I've always loved the SF2:CE image/poster! <3
Ever since I imported the Hu-Card on PCE/TG16.
s1mioi9a0bu21.png

In USA our arcade/cab art was this un-inspired logo... X/
il_570xN.1400277013_eav2.jpg

I guess its still better than the Genesis box art. :rolleyes:
street-fighter-2-turbo-h1.jpg

"Sonic Fail" WTF was Capcom USA smoking (and where can I purchase some)? :P

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to vent a little about this because I've got a few rather selfish-sounding messages about these (along with some polite ones).

Please don't message me about getting one of these unless I announce I am going. It is a ticketed event (1500 yen, must be purchased days in advance) plus it costs 1000 yen in train fare. These tickets are sold for specific days and time slots. It will take at least 4-5 hours of time for me to go there and back, buy the poster tubes and boxes, make the slips, and then take them down to the post office. Because this is a limited-time event, THERE IS A LIMIT on what I am allowed to purchase. I'm not going to be the bumbling gaijin going in there buying 20 posters even if I was allowed. This means I'd have to go with a friend whose schedule matches mine, and matches the time slot available to go.

I'm a pretty laid-back guy, but I don't appreciate requests for 5+ plus posters, and acting like me going to get them for you shouldn't be paid just because the event looks interesting to you. I'm a married man and have my own view on what should be done on my days off.

Rant over. I feel better.

Edit: For clarity, a couple people requested over 5 for just themselves.

Last edited:
I need to vent a little about this because I've got a few rather selfish-sounding messages about these (along with some polite ones).

Please don't message me about getting one of these unless I announce I am going. It is a ticketed event (1500 yen, must be purchased days in advance) plus it costs 1000 yen in train fare. These tickets are sold for specific days and time slots. It will take at least 4-5 hours of time for me to go there and back, buy the poster tubes and boxes, make the slips, and then take them down to the post office. Because this is a limited-time event, THERE IS A LIMIT on what I am allowed to purchase. I'm not going to be the bumbling gaijin going in there buying 20 posters even if I was allowed. This means I'd have to go with a friend whose schedule matches mine, and matches the time slot available to go.

I'm a pretty laid-back guy, but I don't appreciate requests for 5+ plus posters, and acting like me going to get them for you shouldn't be paid just because the event looks interesting to you. I'm a married man and have my own view on what should be done on my days off.

What's a gaijin again ? :D

This is why we can’t have nice things.

I don't appreciate requests for 5+ posters, and acting like me going to get them for you shouldn't be paid just because the event looks interesting to you. I'm a married man and have my own view on what should be done on my days off.

ImprobableAthleticIrishdraughthorse-max-1mb.gif

This is the first time ever people have the chance to see up close ALL the original designs and visual material created around the Street Fighter franchise.
Directly from the Capcom archives.
The event seems pretty cool and unique, and so rich in original documentation, ... but it lasts only a month.

As a huge fan of the Capcom in house designer team (Akiman, Bengus, Nishimura, ...), I am so sad I can't attend to this exhibition and since I have no contact in Japan...

I resorted to send a message in a bottle :

If someone is already planning to go to this exhibition, please reach out to me !

I am willing to pay my virtual ticket to the event, so the person could also go there for me and buy only 2 things for me from the shop there (and take a few photos of the event if that's possible)

Thanks, and sorry for the disturbance.

I have a small list of people that will be offered the posters first if I can attend. Everyone that was polite is on the list : ). I'm going to see what my neighbor's schedule is like as I think he might be interested in going.

I would just like some really great pictures of the items on display...
Are you allowed to do that (take pictures)?

Prob sounds strange to anyone who hasn't been, but I recall NOT being "allowed" to take pictures at a great many places in Japan.
Which as an American who is used to doing whatever/whenever didn't sit all that well with me (ie if its a public place I can take any picture I feel like).
I also wasn't "allowed" to visit a hot spring (because I have tattoos) really its a pretty repressed society IMO (no wonder they have suicide nets on the side of high-rises in Toyoko). :S

Last edited by a moderator:
@Mrhide I guess I could be more diplomatic/respectful about it, say "it just wasn't for me" and leave it at that.
Wish I knew some of the things I mentioned above before going, as I would have spent that cash someplace else (its not a cheap vacation by any stretch of the imagination/pocketbook and I won't be told what to do by anyone, it only fills me with IMO justifiable rage).

Taking pictures can be hit and miss. For example, I wanted to take a lot of pictures of the 6th floor of one of the Sega centers in Akiba. Starting from the beginning of last year they started filling it with various Sega cabs including ride on games. I got stopped when I started taking pictures.

Maybe someone else visiting could get away with it, but the staff recognizes me from going once or twice a month. I usually go with my neighbor who speaks zero English, so they likely figured out I can speak (basic) Japanese and could more confidently tell me to stop.

Anyway, here the pictures I got before they stopped me.

Attachments

• 9928A2EB-3E9F-4000-AA6F-53D825B45BB5.jpeg
    9928A2EB-3E9F-4000-AA6F-53D825B45BB5.jpeg
    198.3 KB · Views: 127
  • C31CF19B-01A9-40C5-A461-CEA45B28B6AB.jpeg
    C31CF19B-01A9-40C5-A461-CEA45B28B6AB.jpeg
    185 KB · Views: 89
  • 37A92FF6-6F19-4D2C-B081-6C68304B5388.jpeg
    37A92FF6-6F19-4D2C-B081-6C68304B5388.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 558ABD80-FE96-4A50-A597-C0D5AD6D11F2.jpeg
    558ABD80-FE96-4A50-A597-C0D5AD6D11F2.jpeg
    170.3 KB · Views: 95
  • FE41A43E-BB76-440C-9962-6EF682B40380.jpeg
    FE41A43E-BB76-440C-9962-6EF682B40380.jpeg
    212.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 572AF9A8-FA27-4EB2-8A34-A70228E0DE18.jpeg
    572AF9A8-FA27-4EB2-8A34-A70228E0DE18.jpeg
    222.4 KB · Views: 80
Wow ! Nice pics @Jocko, that must have been quite a sight to behold when you went to that 6th floor at that time.
Thanks for sharing those :D

Too bad thay asked you to stop, we could have had a nice collection of decent photographs of original Japanese cabs in their original environment.

Not being authorized to photograph such events or places are probably some of the reasons why pictures of the arcade game centers of the 80 and 90's are so scarce nowadays, ... and I'm sure I am not the only one who would love to see more of those.

I've heard that the common policy on taking photos at public events or in stores in Japan is "take the pictures and don't ask".
Because if you do, there's a 98% chance that they'll say no.
If you start doing it, most of the time they won't come and ask you not to take pictures (mostly because you are a Gaijin and they don't speak English a lot).
But I'm not really comfortable with having this attitude and I don't know if I would be able to do it, but that's what I heard.

Back