What's new
Well like a few people here i have had issues with my multi , only Golden Axe The Duel would work, and everything else was a black screen.

So i took to those little pesky SH-2 Processors with a heat gun , and now all is good :)

Got everything wired up with the LCD selector, but after changing a game the pcb will not reset. Any advice?

can you show us pictures of which pin on the Cart, the Mobo, and the LCD you used for the rest wire?

Here you go. Wire on first picture goes to reset on the LCD selector. Pictures 2 & 3 are connected to each other.

The game will program, the start and end sounds work but then the game freezes and will not reboot after it is finished programming.

Attachments

• 174C8519-9403-49C6-A345-485580A3F25A.jpeg
    174C8519-9403-49C6-A345-485580A3F25A.jpeg
    236.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 517EFD5A-91C3-4517-B21C-E412D1A9C876.jpeg
    517EFD5A-91C3-4517-B21C-E412D1A9C876.jpeg
    238.9 KB · Views: 92
  • B6015983-F210-49A4-82C3-94D1B419174D.jpeg
    B6015983-F210-49A4-82C3-94D1B419174D.jpeg
    265.7 KB · Views: 87
does it work properly if you remove the LCD and run the Cart from Jumpers?

I will try it now. Do I need to up the 5V voltage when using the LCD selector?

only you can tell us that. does it drop when you hook up the LCD Selector?

So you
* turn off the STV
* set jumpers to some new configuration
*turn on the STV
*wait some number of minutes
*after waiting some number of minutes STV does not reset
*you have to turn off and back on again manually, then you can play the new game

is that correct?

So you
* turn off the STV
* set jumpers to some new configuration
*turn on the STV
*wait some number of minutes
*after waiting some number of minutes STV does not reset
*you have to turn off and back on again manually, then you can play the new game

is that correct?
How many minutes does it take to reset? Maybe the problem is I thought it resets right away?

Also my screen says:

ERROR ON CARTRIDGE
PRESS SERVICE BUTTON TO EXIT

Just curious, do I need a specific bios on the pcb for this to work?

Is this a recent STV or an old one as I believe the first batch of STV multis had an older firmware that did not support auto-reset

my screen says:

ERROR ON CARTRIDGE
PRESS SERVICE BUTTON TO EXIT
So is it not actually loading the game?
it might not reset if there was is a problem preventing it from loading the game.

The green light goes out
what green light are you talking about?

Is this a recent STV or an old one as I believe the first batch of STV multis had an older firmware that did not support auto-reset

also what green light are you talking about?
How can I tell? The multi cart has two green lights. One lights up while the game is being programmed, then it goes out once the programming is finished.

Back