What's new
For Sale
Pitfighter is awesome!
Maybe the game hasn't aged well, but consider the time of its release.

As a kid I loved movies like Bloodsport, Max Max: Beyond Thunderdome, etc...
PF captures that gritty ridiculously violet atmosphere perfectly.
AND it beat MK/Midway to fully digitized actors, something I don't think it gets enough credit for.

I also can't help feel some of the hate for the game is due to the horrific SNES port (not that Genesis was much better).
I've seen it on top 10 worst SNES games ever lists more than once (and while I support that position for the port, the OG game is far from it).

Pitfighter is awesome!

One of the old arcades i used to go had pitfighter ... set to 30p a go.
EVERYTHING else was 10p a go (final fight, SF2, whatever) thus cementing the game as 1337 compared to the others of the era.

I think MK2 was a 20p game around the same time also got instant 1337 status but also stood the test of time lol

PitFighter_Arcade_Playthrough__NintendoComplete.gif

gfs_54268_2_7.jpg

At levels completion you stand on a forklift and they stack piles of cash below.
My god, this game understands how to provide that feeling of being a badass.

There is a cheat to play as bosses if you did not see that yet, it need to be ported to real h/w with a nice selection menu :)
I always wanted more breakable objects in the levels.
Piledriving that whore on top of a car hood was a personal highlight of mine.
Wish I had a screen capture handy, this is pretty close... Only Buzz and pile drier (same whore, same red car). :D
maxresdefault.jpg

if I do it I might end up adding cakes and flying hearts <3
That would make a fine easteregg yea... MK2 wouldn't be as cool without Pong (playable after round 255).
Now who is gunna make PitBoss Fighter!

PitBoss Fighter Turbo ©

Last edited by a moderator:
PF is awesome, and I even love the Genesis version. SNES is crap though.

That being said, Guardians of the Hood also gets the hate, but is awesome. Sort of.

Easy enough done, maybe there's some other updates / changed / bugfixes we can do with it to be honest.
  • More breakable objects/weapons on the playfield (no need to add anything new, just more of it)
  • Faster game play (maybe like 10%?)
  • Character selection pallet swaps (by button a-la SF2T).
  • A new powerup (which will just be a pallet swap of the existing green P orb, red P) that will make character tinted red (another pallet swap) and even faster (+10%) for a short duration.
  • Every grudge match is for real (ie loser is out at conclusion of match/must coin up again) no 3 knock down rules you play with actual life bars/till death.
  • Character life bars are ALWAYS FULLY REPLUNISHED at start of next level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adding: CPS3 + Superbios and full simm, ready to go. Jumper wires are all factory. No repairs other than I removed the killer battery. It’s currently flashed with Jojo because I freaking like it ok?!

$1200 paypal gift, shipped USA
https://imgur.com/a/5jevZMV

Attachments

• F020DED7-4205-4582-BBA0-F379CC96CA9E.jpeg
    F020DED7-4205-4582-BBA0-F379CC96CA9E.jpeg
    341.7 KB · Views: 70
Back