What's new
I suggest that you acquired your equipment soon. The release is right there.

Interesting. My method was to just buy broken ps and Xbox fightsticks I like and rewire since db15 is so easy. It doesn’t get any more direct if you are concerned with input lag. This is cool to not have to hack up working sticks. I suspect it will be a pain to get working with all the various controllers though.

Interesting. My method was to just buy broken ps and Xbox fightsticks I like and rewire since db15 is so easy. It doesn’t get any more direct if you are concerned with input lag. This is cool to not have to hack up working sticks. I suspect it will be a pain to get working with all the various controllers though.
For end users will be just plug n play, for devs, some nights haha

You guys work fast. Keen to do some lag and compatibility tests when it’s ready.

What we are working now:

- Beta testing a POLLING OVERRIDE function for lower (more yet) the input lag. Already on the repository;

- A parse code for understand better new controllers and add to the code;

- Remapping funcion.

Once my PCB is finished I shall be sharing everything. I can't release info now as it's not finalised nor tested.

I'm currently using an Arduino Uno, USB host shield and a hacked in DB15 connector. I have a PCB shield I've designed that docks to the Uno / USB host shield stack which will streamline this setup. Aside from having to solder 1 x female DB15 connector to the PCB, there is no other soldering required. Everything simply docks together. It's one option to get started with minimal work required, assuming one owns or is willing to purchase an Uno and the USB host shield.

This is the end design of the PCB. It's going into fabrication tomorrow.

Prey to the arcade Gods that it works otherwise it's back to the drawing board. :saint:

Annotation_2020-08-16_235526.png

Once thoroughly tested and confirmed working I'll be releasing all resources for free, in keeping with the open sourced nature of this project.

The PCB design file, Gerber's, BOM, Pick & Place file, schematic, everything.

Hope I get it right first time around as funds are a little tight to bare the burden of a faulty PCB. :cursing:

Has there been any lag testing or comparison with other DB15 to USB options?

Definitely keen to see the results if so, and also a list of tested sticks/pads and supported compatibility.

Has there been any lag testing or comparison with other DB15 to USB options?

Definitely keen to see the results if so, and also a list of tested sticks/pads and supported compatibility.
I was doing a side by side with UD, but just a empiric test, i don't see any lag. As it is a Open Source project, everyone is free to analyse the code and test as wish.

Of course, we are doing our best to improve it.

I don't have the equipment nor knowledge on how to perform a proper lag test, but I did do a basic 'human' test.

Connecting the USB2DB15 to controller port 1, and a standard Neo-Geo controller to controller port 2. Opened an input test screen, hit a button of each controller at the same time. There was absolutely zero perceivable difference.

I realise that's a pretty crude analysis and totally inadequate to be used as a form of measurement, it certainly is enough to have shown lag had it existed in a great amount.

I definitely notice and feel the lag on my Switch, RPI etc, and I'm not feeling any with the USB2DB15. So that's a good sign.

Confirmed working sticks:

Retrobit Saturn 2.4G via wireless USB receiver

8Bitdo M30 Bluetooth via USB cable

Hori Fighting Commander 3 - PS3

Hori Fighting Commander - PS4

MadCatz Street Fighter IV Tournament Edition - PS3

Official Sony PlayStation PS3 DS3

Official Sony PlayStation PS4 DS4

Official Microsoft Xbox One

Razer Panther - PS4

Hori Real Arcade Pro PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One

Brook Universal Fighting Board

More to come, that's all we've had access to to test.

This is a really amazing project! I've been wishing for something like this for a while! :)

I'm wondering if this would work with the Brook Retro Board? I'm thinking of picking one up, if it wont I'll have to dual mod it with the Universal Fighting board.

This is a really amazing project! I've been wishing for something like this for a while! :)

I'm wondering if this would work with the Brook Retro Board? I'm thinking of picking one up, if it wont I'll have to dual mod it with the Universal Fighting board.
I don't know that PCB from Brook, but we can try make it work! Join us on discord when you get your gear!

This is the end design of the PCB. It's going into fabrication tomorrow.

Prey to the arcade Gods that it works otherwise it's back to the drawing board. :saint:

Annotation_2020-08-16_235526.png
I see two microchips being used. I'm assuming one is an Atmega 328pu but what about the other?

Its the one used on the usb shield I think

Back