What's new
Thanks for everyones interest! As a heads up I won't be directly contacting anyone that has expressed interest here, or giving them priority. It becomes too complicated, and I'm likely to miss people out by accident so I'll just post the link to purchase here when it's ready, and everyone that has commented should get a notification!

Plus there are 80 units available, so I think everyone that wants one should get one!

I'm interested in the project too, I leave this message to get a notification when available
Thanks!

Registered to place interest in purchasing one of the OpenJVS HATs when available, located NSW, Australia. Amazing work!

i would like two as well..not sure how I missed this tread and the first run.

Last edited:
Hello - with 2 hours to go I thought I'd put out some information thats on the buying form so that you have some time to ponder if you'd still like to purchase.

You will need a Raspberry Pi 2,3 or 4 models B or B+ to use with the OpenJVS Hat. Only the Pi4 will support the RS232's port (RX TX GND). You should have *some* level of computer literacy with Linux as setting this up isn't plug and play unforunately! WiPi is a great way to get into it quickly, but if you're planning on adding new controllers / games then it requires you to be able to change directories and edit files etc. on linux.

The Hats will be sent via Yun EXPRESS DDP (8-11 Business Days) from the manufacturers in China. If your country is not on the country list in the website please get in contact.

The Hats will be charged in GBP at £35 per unit. I appologies as this is probably more inconvinient for people who paid in euros last time, but unforunately I was hit massively with conversion fees and so I'll only be accepting payment in my home currency this time.

Shipping prices this time should be less, at around £10 or less for most countries. We've been told by the manufacturers that using this shipping method custom fees have already been paid so you shouldn't be stung with any extra fees at the time you receive the item. However, this is only what we've been advised so please be aware that this could be incorrect and you may face customs charges which we won't accept responsability for.

I'll be sitting watching arcade-projects DMs, the https://arcade.community discord and my email: bobby[at]dilley[dot]uk so any questions please don't hestitate to ask.

Last edited:
Hello - the link the purchase is now available! Please read the below to make sure you know what you're buying! ;)

The OpenJVS Hat is a device that fits on top of a Raspberry Pi and provides electrical connections for JVS emulation software like OpenJVS. You will need a Raspberry Pi 2,3 or 4 models B or B+ to use with the OpenJVS Hat. Only the Pi4 will support the RS232's port (RX TX GND) but OpenJVS doesn't currently use this functionality. You should have *some* level of computer literacy with Linux as setting this up isn't plug and play unfortunately! WiPi is a great way to get into it quickly, but if you're planning on adding new controllers / games then it requires you to be able to change directories and edit files etc. on Linux, and have the patience for trial and error!

The Hats will be sent via Yun EXPRESS DDP (8-11 Business Days) from the manufacturers in China. If your country is not on the country list in the website please get in contact.

The maximum amount of hats you can order is 5. If you'd like any more please get in contact.

The Hats will be charged in GBP at £35 per unit. I apologies as this is probably more inconvenient for people who paid in euros last time, but unfortunately I was hit massively with conversion fees and so I'll only be accepting payment in my home currency this time.

Shipping prices this time should be much better, at around £10 or less for most countries. We've been told by the manufacturers that using this shipping method custom fees have already been paid so you shouldn't be stung with any extra fees at the time you receive the item. However, this is only what we've been advised so please be aware that this could be incorrect and you may face customs charges which we won't accept responsibility for.

I'll be sitting watching arcade-projects DMs, the https://arcade.community discord and my email: bobby[at]dilley[dot]uk today so any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Link to purchase: https://openjvs.dilley.uk

Back