What's new
Chip prices went sky high, as jassin just said.

I have a test OSSC Pro in my hands and I'm testing it with various PCBs. So far no problems detected and I have made suggestions to the developer for some functions which would be nice to have (for example a possibility to save your own settings per board and flip the screen upside down - as some boards do not offer that option through switches).

Unfortunately, I don't see a scenario in which ICs can be bought at normal prices any longer.

Chip prices be crazy right now. :(
To this must be added : war in Ukraine, Covid in Hong Kong China so, declining enrolment...shortage of ferrous alloys and brass...all those events bode well for the rest of the season...

Chip prices be crazy right now. :(
For real. Ive tried ordering some ICs from regular sources, most all out of stock, estimate new stock at end of 2022 or 2023. From the sources I could find stock from, they wanted in cases as high as 25x the original cost. So yeah, some projects will definitely be put on hold for now.

I have a test OSSC Pro in my hands and I'm testing it with various PCBs. So far no problems detected and I have made suggestions to the developer for some functions which would be nice to have (for example a possibility to save your own settings per board and flip the screen upside down - as some boards do not offer that option through switches).
Can you also suggest flip the screen, uh, inside out? I mean so you can play games from the opposite direction. It will add some freshness to old classics. Like shmups with new patterns.

Can you also suggest flip the screen, uh, inside out? I mean so you can play games from the opposite direction. It will add some freshness to old classics. Like shmups with new patterns.
And also move from yoko to tate, and vice versa!

Monitor suitable for high definition picture reproduction : for exemple, by using the Neo Geo with the OSSC, image is dim, totally dullness; authentics colors don't shine! On this point, FPGA is clearly better! Unfortunately...at the moment ;)
I trust you

Last edited:
And also move from yoko to tate, and vice versa!

Monitor suitable for high definition picture reproduction : for exemple, by using the Neo Geo with the OSSC, image is dim, totally dullness; authentics colors don't shine! On this point, FPGA is clearly better! Unfortunately...at the moment ;)
I trust you
Yes regular rotation (Yoko to Tate) is a confirmed feature, we are asking about adding even extra ones!

As for you image with the NG on OSSC, I don't have that issue. Are you sure it's not your cables? I'm using a HAS and OSSC v1.6.

As for you image with the NG on OSSC, I don't have that issue.
Same... I'm using a 1FZ running UniBIOS 4, on OSSC running firmware 0.90 5x mode 1600x1200 output into my LG 1440p.
Colors look identical to emulated (MAME PC, I don't own a Mister) NG.

Midway MK pcbs and cave?

Killer Instinct's PCBs ( Midway-Rare), Gaia Crusaders, NBA Hang Time?...

Last edited:
Midway MK pcbs and cave?

Mortal Kombat - none

Cave: Dangun Feveron, Donpachi, DoDonPachi DaiOuJou (PGM), Espgaluda (PGM)

I had also DoDonPachi II - Bee Storm, but that died after few gaming rounds :(
Anyway, it was PGM game, so DaiOuJou and Espgaluga are enough for testing the PGM.

Killer Instinct's PCBs ( Midway-Rare), Gaia Crusaders, NBA Hang Time?...

Nope, I have none of these.

You mean that if scrolling is normally from left to right, you would like to have it opposite - from right to left?

You mean that if scrolling is normally from left to right, you would like to have it opposite - from right to left?
Yes, but I was thinking more for vert shmups so enemy and bullet patterns would be new.

Simple inversion should be easy enough considering it's doing rotation. Might as well add that to both axis.

Kooky way to play games though...

:P

Simple inversion should be easy enough considering it's doing rotation. Might as well add that to both axis.

Kooky way to play games though...

:P
Yeah I read about it over at shmups.com as a way to play old games with a fresh twist. I can't even 1cc ANY of my shmups except Thunder Force 3 so I won't be using the feature...

Have you tested any Irem M72 games?

I’m an ossc Homer but I’m sorta getting antsy and might just go with a retrotink 5x since they’re typically available. I dunno, should I continue to hold out for ossc pro or just go for the 5x? I currently own two osscs, I could sell one of them if I bought the retrotink 5x. I run Atomiswave, Naomi, MVS, CPS2 and CPS3 (also a Saturn) via an ossc. And while I like what I have, I currently have to do an annoying workaround to record / stream video. Which is using an hdmi splitter with one of those generic scart/hdmi scalers to scale the 960p image to 1080p so my Avermedia Live Gamer Portable Pro 2 Plus can accept that video signal. I dunno if this is going off topic but I would like if possible for some recommendations and opinions.

I can't see the Pro releasing this year.

There's also the PixelFX Morph that's supposed to come out in the summer, but I would be surprised if the component shortage doesn't postpone the release of that too (even though PixelFX said that they've worked around it).

Back