What's new
I will take one. I messed around and ordered the non-DVD drive pcb, and the parts is taking forever to get here.

Is a RPi 4 ok for this, or does it have to be RPi 3?

Here is a quick visual of where things plug in.

(fixed an error on 8/14 - this is the corrected version).

Attachments

• namco 2x6 multi.jpeg
    namco 2x6 multi.jpeg
    64.3 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Thanks Matt- this is very helpful. Anyone know when the ODE will be available again? I've got everything ready to go apart from that :)

tagging @electric_monk - i am sure he has the same supply issues as everyone else right now.

I also realized I messed up on the picture - the usb thumbdrive plugs right into the front panel - no cable required - I will fix.

looking at your diagram , doesn't the Pi3 program the dongle , and the ODE has the thumb drive connected to it ?

i was wondering only as i am having issues with mine , it happily programs the dongle , but the games dont seem to load for me, or i can just have one game on thumb drive and it may load , but has issues if multiple games are on it

Yup - I've been hoarding chips, and though I did manage to get most of the other parts, some vital parts are still missing. Sadly, with no end in sight, I can't really give an estimate 😿 Most companies are giving year+ estimates on Digikey/etc. but these seem to be lies, stuff just comes in stock at random, so I have a program using octopart's API that notifies me when anything pops up.

last but not least - you need the image from BladeZX (http://bladeplugins.com/arcade/namco2x6_raspbian.zip) - this has all the dongle images on it. Using win32diskimager - write this image to the SD card for the Rpi (I used a 32GB card). Then grab all the rom images (if you don't already have them) and run the "unchd_all" batch file, and take the resulting set of files and copy them over to the thumbdrive.
This link is dead. Anywhere else that the RPi3 image can be obtained?

I also need the 2x6 rom set :)

Matt, any other photos, as the ones in your first post are dead?

This link is dead. Anywhere else that the RPi3 image can be obtained?

I also need the 2x6 rom set :)

Try copying the link into a separate tab on your browser - that worked for me, but not just clicking it (not sure why).

Thanks. I tried it on a different PC using the 'new tab' approach and it worked. Strange!

Matt, do you have a photo of exactly where to solder the reset wire?

Back