What's new
- DoDonPachi needs to always have a jumper installed on JP1. JP2 and JP3 should always be left empty. When you boot the game, you'll get an on-screen prompt asking if you want the New Edition (Black Label) or the Old Edition (White Label). Be aware that there's a bug in the NVRAM initialization routine that sometimes causes the game to crash at the initial legal notice screen. If that happens, restart the system and choose the other edition from the one that crashed. The NVRAM will then get reinitialized correctly and both editions should then work correctly. If you change to a different cart, then the NVRAM will be reinitialized by the new game, so you'll have to repeat the routine the next time you play DDP.
This is very interesting. I have never needed to have any jumpers set on DDP! Plus i can't get it to boot to a menu asking which version of the game you want to play. I'm using the roms that are generated by Fluffys script... Are you using some other version?? I'd be very interested in the program rom your using...

I'd love to just have white and black in the same rom and use JP2 to switch between them...

T.

This is very interesting. I have never needed to have any jumpers set on DDP! Plus i can't get it to boot to a menu asking which version of the game you want to play. I'm using the roms that are generated by Fluffys script... Are you using some other version?? I'd be very interested in the program rom your using...
I'd love to just have white and black in the same rom and use JP2 to switch between them...

T.
PGM single game PCB assembly and troubleshooting

PGM_RG_U5.jed
This is a generic GAL to control the program ROM that can be configured with jumpers:
- J1 maps the ROM to 0 or to 1MB
- J2 maps the first 2MB or the second 2MB
- J3 selects a special 4MB mode
I assume that is with the generic pal. If you use the ddp gal it is hardcoded to 1mb.

It asks me when I boot it up which version I want, new or old. White or black.

It asks me when I boot it up which version I want, new or old. White or black.
Which program rom are you using? I wrote a "PGM_RG_U5.jed". Now i do have to put a jumper on J1 for the game to boot. But i'm still not getting the menu to choose between the 2 versions.

I'm using ddp3_p1_amb.bin as the program rom. Are you using something different??

Thanks,

T.

Wish there was something like that for ketsui. In game menu. In stead of physical switch.

I might be in for 1 more set, dedicated trap15 ketsui. Don't have it in me to cut up the case to install a switch. If I get a 3D printer I might try to make one and install a switch into that.

I might be in for 1 more set, dedicated trap15 ketsui. Don't have it in me to cut up the case to install a switch. If I get a 3D printer I might try to make one and install a switch into that.
I probably have an extra PGM case. Shoot me a message if you want @Kavas

I am interested in 8 sets, please. Would like to get into the whole PGM game :)

Last edited:
Drawing a dotted line here. We're well past 200 sets now, so while I can order as many as necessary, with all the unknowns from Brexit I can't guarantee in which order and time frame I can get them, so everything after this line MAY be in a second order. (Though if it gets all pear shaped I can send them out from Germany.)

I just had to declare a package from UK. Had to pay VAT + customs on that. Even Japan and USA are now cheaper to me than UK :D

Drawing a dotted line here. We're well past 200 sets now, so while I can order as many as necessary, with all the unknowns from Brexit I can't guarantee in which order and time frame I can get them, so everything after this line MAY be in a second order. (Though if it gets all pear shaped I can send them out from Germany.)
Been awhile since last batch. Here's hoping some of the early interest holders didn't long since move on. Looking at the Sega16b multi thread, it took so long to come out that it was hard to reach some folks. I have no doubt whatever you produce will eventually sell though.

Been awhile since last batch. Here's hoping some of the early interest holders didn't long since move on. Looking at the Sega16b multi thread, it took so long to come out that it was hard to reach some folks. I have no doubt whatever you produce will eventually sell though.
Yeah, I am not worried. I am confident that I can always sell them on eBay.

Hi Fluffy, I might be a little late but please sign me in for 6 for this batch or the next.

Greetings!

Back