What's new
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drawing another line here. Please add no further requests to this thread. I am going to fulfil the remaining requests before this line.

I finally got some time to update my spreadsheet and it is becoming more tricky to manage, especially together with handling PMs. In the future I'll handle this through something like Tindie or eBay, so all the stock keeping, address handling and payment is handled for me and I just need to stuff them into envelopes. It'll be some time for me to set this up, though.

I've got around 50 sets remaining, so I'm going to contact people in the order that they requested them in the next few days. I'm going to order more in January.
Is there any news where we can subscribe for the new batch? I’d like to order 3 sets if it’s still feasible :)

Yep, still need at least 5 set like said before the line.
If possible, can add 4 more sets

I'd be interested in 4 sets when this get available again, thanks !

I would also be interested in 4 sets and would be very happy if that would be possible, although I am still new here :)

Can I see a show of hands who is interested in my PGM Single Game PCBs? (Registering an interest here does NOT commit you to actually buying anything.)

One "set" is one PROG board and one CHAR board. You will receive bare PCBs only and you'll need to get and burn games yourself.

Make sure you have a programmer for 27c322 EPROMs and 16v8 GAL, and that you're comfortable soldering. (Or that you know someone locally who can do it for you.) This shouldn't be a challenge for anyone who has held a soldering iron before, though.

IMG_20190528_094400.jpg

Features:
- fancy red colour
- ENIG gold plating
- all through-hole components
- fits into existing cartridge shells
- the CHAR board is a 2 layer PCB
- the PROG board is a 4 layer PCB
- most cartridge pins are labelled with their function, which makes troubleshooting easier
- unknown cartridge pins are routed to a pin header for easy access
- the PROG board contains a handy prototype area if you want to experiment with any extra features
- no hot snot to fix flying wires required
- no operation of 3.3V devices out of spec
- no extra voltage regulator required
- no donor PCBs required

Disadvantages:
- 27c322 EPROMs are obsolete, so you get mostly recycled parts
- this is a hobby project, so I can't give all the warranties and support as a commercial product
- only works with unencrypted games that don't use the ASIC
- probably not appropriate if you want to mass produce conversions: The EPROMs take ages to write and all the pins take ages to solder. I don't care if you do, though!
- you'll still need a donor cartridge for the plastic shell

I haven't decided on final cost, but the PCBs are not cheap to make and I need to make the cost of the prototypes back. They will be significantly cheaper than existing conversions, though.

I am happy to send them to wherever in the world Royal Mail Deutsche Post/DHL will deliver to.

Update:
The cost for one set (1 prog board + 1 char board) is 15 GBP + whatever royal mail is quoting me for postage. I'll start contacting people in the order they are in this thread, everyone is welcome to take fewer or none if they changed their mind. If I have any left over at the end we can talk about getting extras.

Update2:
The new cost for one set (1 prog board + 1 char board) is 20 Euro + whatever Deutsche Post or DHL quote me for postage.
could I get the set please?
thanks and thank you for your amazing work ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drawing another line here. Please add no further requests to this thread. I am going to fulfil the remaining requests before this line.

I finally got some time to update my spreadsheet and it is becoming more tricky to manage, especially together with handling PMs. In the future I'll handle this through something like Tindie or eBay, so all the stock keeping, address handling and payment is handled for me and I just need to stuff them into envelopes. It'll be some time for me to set this up, though.

I've got around 50 sets remaining, so I'm going to contact people in the order that they requested them in the next few days. I'm going to order more in January.
Bummer as I ended up getting some PGM stuff after this date. Got this on watch to see updates for a shop space. Just an FYI, I'd be interested in at least 4 sets myself.

You’d be single-handedly improving the quality of the bootleg carts sold on aliexpress.
Not sure - they already have the pcbs that sheep nova is using, which are more suitable for "mass" production, as they're using larger chips that are SMD mounted.

I was hoping you would release the gerbers at some point, but I didn't want to ask because it's your work.

One option is to put them in the pcbway project marketplace, you get a small percentage when people order, and it's your option if the gerbers themselves are downloadable to produce elsewhere.

Edit; the way their platform works, If the person produces it through the project marketplace, then you get a percentage. If you make the gerber downloadable the file is free, but people can still choose to have you get your commission if they order through the marketplace.

Last edited:
As my free time is very limited I'm considering to just release the Gerber files for this... can anyone think of a reason not to do this?
Hello.
It would be great if you could publish the gbr.
Trying to respect your work as much as possible, and understanding everything you want to do, would you see it right to publish the sources on GitHub as well?

I think that putting gerber files on a plateform that we have to pay to download it is a great idea.

For my case, i'm waiting for 4 set since 1 year. Just to make games for my personnal use

Back