What's new
When I tried to activate pick n mix and realized my controls activation was delayed too long to activate pickNmix, I thought shit. I'm gonna have to jig up something, But then tried holding start after picking soft reboot in the in-game menu.

it was a little bit inconsistent the first few times i tried it, but then I realized that you have to soft reboot in the 161-in-1 game menu. and now I can activate pick n mix just fine. If you have delayed activation of controls, just stay/return to the 161-in-1 menu, activate in game menu, hold start/select and soft reboot until the boot sequence finishes.

How do you get to 161-in-1 game menu? Or do you have to have it on "AES" mode? I have mine in MVS-mode and it just automatically starts showing games. Is there some button combination to get back to the games menu?

What do you mean by "starts showing games"? the game list is what i meant for the 161-in-1 game menu. (not the picknmix game menu) and regardless of whether you're in MVS or AES mode, it *should* boot up to that game list on power on.

If not (which is strange if it doesn't) then it should just boot up to one game and not switch (unless picknmix is already activated), In which case you can return to the menu by holding start for... i think 5 seconds? it might be 10. Either that or hold coin for 5 or 10 seconds.

Are you on a multi slot? I only have single slots, and have no idea how the 161-in-1 behaves on multislots.

edit: I just realized how confusing my post is. so let me try rephrasing without needing to define ambiguous terms

on the 161-in-1 game list, you activate the unibios in-game menu. (either start + coin or start+ABC) and softreboot while holding start. (the unibios in-game menu would have likely appeared corrupted when you activated in the 161 game list. This is fine an expected just proceed to the bottom option select soft reboot, hold start and continue). If this worked then you should have picknmix activated, otherwise read on.

Sometimes, for whatever reason when you try to activate the unibios in-game menu in the 161 game list, it will soft reset the mvs without activating the in-game menu (I think it probably has something to do with how they programmed the command to escape to it) At this point it will either have soft reset to the 161-in-1 game list or directly into a game. If it booted directly into a game, test to see if picknmix activated (it might have) if not, go back to the 161 game list and try soft rebooting while holding start again.

Last edited:
What do you mean by "starts showing games"? the game list is what i meant for the 161-in-1 game menu. (not the picknmix game menu) and regardless of whether you're in MVS or AES mode, it *should* boot up to that game list on power on.

If not (which is strange if it doesn't) then it should just boot up to one game and not switch (unless picknmix is already activated), In which case you can return to the menu by holding start for... i think 5 seconds? it might be 10. Either that or hold coin for 5 or 10 seconds.

Are you on a multi slot? I only have single slots, and have no idea how the 161-in-1 behaves on multislots.
Mine just starts and then starts to roll on games (or then I pushed some button by accident, and that's why i missed the main menu ). If I push button 1 then it changes the game but I hardly see that game list menu (normal menu, not he pick'N mix).

But I think you answered to my question with "In which case you can return to the menu by holding start for... i think 5 seconds? it might be 10. Either that or hold coin for 5 or 10 seconds."

Will try that next time, thanks!

EDIT: I have 1 slot MVS-C

Anyone got it working on a MV1C ?

https://imgur.com/a/IS0pJzJ

installed mine yesderday doesn't work on my MV1C, all 3 soldering points have corresponding continuity on jamma edge (GND, P1start-Pin17, VCC-5V)

VCC is reading 5V,

Any thoughts ?

I'm having the same issues though I've installed mine on a MV1FZ - solder points look good, will check continuity like you have done when I get a chance

I'm having the same issues though I've installed mine on a MV1FZ - solder points look good, will check continuity like you have done when I get a chance
had no luck with it, even wired it directly to the jamma edge without any luck,. Probably a defective unit. Arthrimus is supposed to send me a replacement pcb...

I've got no such reply :(

Update: I removed C1 and tested it again and it now works fine now. It wasn't in the initial PCB shots on this thread. Needed? No idea but now I have no button press PICKnMIX! Yay

Last edited:

Update: I removed C1 and tested it again and it now works fine now. It wasn't in the initial PCB shots on this thread. Needed? No idea but now I have no button press PICKnMIX! Yay
C1 ? One cap ?

Glad to hear you got it working. It's utterly bizarre that removing C1 solved your problem. C1 is just a bypass cap for the power input of the MCU.

update: received a replacement unit, same issue.

the board doesnt send any P1 start input on startup even though it get 5V, and every connection is solid.

Uninstalled the mod again and Re-did the same test i made with the first board, same issue. I direct wired as close as possible to the jamma edge the 3 connections (VCC, ground and pin 17 on jamma edge (see pictures)) .

Still no P1 Start input at startup (tested on startup with a multimeter on continuity between P1 start and ground....nothing here)

How could it be an install issue? this is the simplest circuit and mod i've ever installed !

PS: on/off switch is on the off position on the picture ! , i know ! tested the unit on both swith positions :D

Anything i'm missing ? I'm thinking about trying to dump the T402 to see what's on the programmable chip....or maybe call it a day and forget about it!

thx for your help guys

Attachments

• IMG_8047.JPG
    IMG_8047.JPG
    188.2 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_8046.JPG
    IMG_8046.JPG
    185.8 KB · Views: 154
check that you really have connection on those VIAs? I had one cable soldered on VIA which I had scratched with fiberglass pen on my PSIO but in the end it did not had connection to other side of the PCB. Or are those two cables these

Still no P1 Start input at startup (tested on startup with a multimeter on continuity between P1 start and ground....nothing here)

I'm a bit drunk but just thought to give my 5cents :D

check that you really have connection on those VIAs? I had one cable soldered on VIA which I had scratched with fiberglass pen on my PSIO but in the end it did not had connection to other side of the PCB. Or are those two cables these

I'm a bit drunk but just thought to give my 5cents :D
I have a solid connection . Already checked !

My PICKnMIX Fix PCB stopped working and removing capacitor C1 got it back up and running. Not sure why, but thanks for the pointer @kerbdog.

Back