What's new
For Sale
Status
Not open for further replies.
If DanM truly was a scammer I hope that he would have come up with a more profitable scam. But I don't think they is a scammer, this feels a lot more like (misguided?) enthusiasm than any kind of malice.

I mean there certainly is such a thing as a long con; But this is longest and least lucrative con anyone could possibly imagine.

I do actually quite like the look of the tokens, especially the Capcom ones and I had not seen them for sale before. Obviously living where I do buying them off DanM is impossible, but I dunno, maybe someone will see them and like them and derive some satisfaction from them. As long as buyers go into this fully informed it feels like our job here might be done.

If DanM truly was a scammer I hope that he would have come up with a more profitable scam. But I don't think they is a scammer, this feels a lot more like (misguided?) enthusiasm than any kind of malice.

I mean there certainly is such a thing as a long con; But this is longest and least lucrative con anyone could possibly imagine.

I do actually quite like the look of the tokens, especially the Capcom ones and I had not seen them for sale before. Obviously living where I do buying them off DanM is impossible, but I dunno, maybe someone will see them and like them and derive some satisfaction from them. As long as buyers go into this fully informed it feels like our job here might be done.
Thanks for a sensible and cogent response. There really is minimal profit to be made selling tokens. Making repros would be completely impractical and uneconomical. The accusation or suggestion that I am attempting to scam people is simply a lie, defamatory, and illustrates people‘s lack of understanding regarding producing repro tokens. I looked into getting some custom tokens made to promote my Instagram feed a while back and discovered that the minimum order size is 5000! This would end up weighing 25KG! I wouldn‘t even be able to give away that many let alone pay the shipping on that weight! All the tokens I sell have been acquired from various sources inside Japan. Aside from the MVS ones that other members have kindly brought to my attention are available for cheaper on Ali Expressa, all my tokens are to the best of my knowledge original, circulated, Japanese game center tokens. I have seen a replica Capcom token sold by Gate Ninety but these are smaller and Ryu’s bandana is shorter, I do not sell that version and posted a photo of it alongside my Capcom listing. Now, I do realise some of the paranoia/scepticism of some people in the community - I have been ripped off once or twice and it leaves a bitter taste but really, do we need to go through the world mistrusting and thinking the worst of people? This is not the path to a happy life.
I‘d be happy to send you a batch of tokens as a small ‘token’ of my appreciation for your reply! Just PM me your address. I do ship worldwide!!

No one here needs a token of your appreciation.

You're right, selling these is impractical and uneconomical, and yet here we are. Your thread has both your price and a link to the AliExpress ones for comparison, and when confronted about where these are you're playing coy with "oh it's private".

None of these actions instill trust in you. I don't feel you're a scammer, but i also don't feel that you are being forthright in building trust and confidence. No one is going to see your responses and determine that your tokens and the transaction will be worth putting money towards when you act the way you do.

No one here needs a token of your appreciation.

You're right, selling these is impractical and uneconomical, and here we are. Your thread has both your price and a link to the AliExpress ones for comparison, and when confronted about where these are you're playing coy with "oh it's private".

None of these actions instill trust in you. I don't feel you're a scammer, but i also don't feel that you are being forthright in building trust and confidence. No one is going to see your responses and determine that your tokens and the transaction will be worth putting money towards when you act the way you do.
Glad to hear your opinion! My supplier made claims to me, and others have in a not so friendly way indicated these particular tokens are available elsewhere for cheaper. I will not be disclosing my suppliers’ information as I said, it’s private but I can assure you that I have taken the issue up with them. As you imply, this post has been an own goal for me, albeit an inadvertent one and I’ve done my best to explain my position. I apologised for my mistake in my initial response and have acted “the way you do” to help others draw their own conclusion. The continued attempts to ’catch me out’ are simply a waste of energy.

Sorry dude, but until proven otherwise this still looks like you are quite possibly/probably flipping aliex coins. I bought 2 boxes of them myself when other users linked them.

900 percent markup isn't minimal profit and until you have some real proof I don't want to hear it. And if you got ripped off, sorry... you still aren't instilling much confidence with your replies.

Sorry dude, but until proven otherwise this still looks like you are quite possibly/probably flipping aliex coins. I bought 2 boxes of them myself when other users linked them.

900 percent markup isn't minimal profit and until you have some real proof I don't want to hear it. And if you got ripped off, sorry... you still aren't instilling much confidence with your replies.
I’ve removed these from sale today. Thanks to everyone who highlighted they’re available much cheaper than I was selling them for, my aim is to offer hard to find genuine tokens. It seems this time, these tokens don’t tick those boxes. This was an honest mistake on my part. My bad, sorry guys!

Attachments

• 3611D73C-AF52-42D5-9F07-60F7D11750CE.jpeg
    3611D73C-AF52-42D5-9F07-60F7D11750CE.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 84
This is definitely not true. You can order physical Japanese currency from your local bank whenever you want to. I do it all the time.

As an individual living in Japan, having inquired with both Japan Post and Kuroneko Yamato, I can confirm that they won't knowingly allow shipments containing Japanese currency. Whether it's illegal or not I can't say, but I can tell you the shipping companies don't want you sending it.

Ordering currency through a bank is different and a regulated thing. And last I knew, banks in the U.S. typically don't want to deal with coins of other currencies. Maybe that part has changed.

But there are sites online you can buy foreign currency on that can get you coins, if you want.

As an individual living in Japan, having inquired with both Japan Post and Kuroneko Yamato, I can confirm that they won't knowingly allow shipments containing Japanese currency. Whether it's illegal or not I can't say, but I can tell you the shipping companies don't want you sending it.

Ordering currency through a bank is different and a regulated thing. And last I knew, banks in the U.S. typically don't want to deal with coins of other currencies. Maybe that part has changed.

But there are sites online you can buy foreign currency on that can get you coins, if you want.
Thanks for the clarification! Perhaps 'illegal' was a mis-translation of 'not allowed'? when I have asked for 100 yen coins. I'm in the UK and have not been able to obtain them here aside from a couple off eBay, as you say, banks do not deal with foreign currency coinage.

I'm in the UK and have not been able to obtain them here aside from a couple off eBay, as you say, banks do not deal with foreign currency coinage.
Sorry! Misread your location as US, so that's my bad!

My Capcom tokens are not from GateNinety. They sell repros - pictured on the left. Mine are from Japan. They are originals - pictured on the right.
Gate ninety sells both sizes 👀

Gate ninety sells both sizes 👀
Those are reproduction tokens. On the original token (which I sell, and have a very limited quantity of) Ryu's bandana is longer. If you're happy to fight with a shorter bandana that's up to you kimosabe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back