What's new
All money should be refunded until this project is in production.
Asking for funds up front should have been red flag #1, but instead everyone is more worried about monitors.

Thats a ton of money to just hand someone based on their word, no matter how "trustworthy" you may think they are.

Everyone's free to do what they wish, but I see this ending very badly.

Pre-order form filled out and 500$ deposit just submitted via PayPal, Thanks guys!

All money should be refunded until this project is in production.
Asking for funds up front should have been red flag #1, but instead everyone is more worried about monitors.
Thats a ton of money to just hand someone based on their word, no matter how "trustworthy" you may think they are.

Everyone's free to do what they wish, but I see this ending very badly.
Nothing goes bad. We are trying to fix this problem with acblunden2.

Nobody trying to cheat someone. Just relax. There is only misunderstanding about schematic and real monitors. I think i can fix it.

I know People think about some riskies and they have right about it. Thats why we are working with distributor.
There is only one problem about the tube. We will find a way.

Please do not be a heart broken and not ignore the tons of efforts in this project. İf you dont beleive it, which you have right about it, please trying to be objective. Not a hater.

I will update the post soon

A weird cup on the back is too much of an alteration on the design. I wouldn't want that in my line-up, and it detracts from the one neat thing about Cutes and how you can set them up angled back to back in different formations.

Changing the monitor size is also a less than optimal solution. Getting them wholesale still sucks. It goes from "bring your own monitor" where you know what you're getting into, to "now these cost more, plus you're getting a monitor you're not familiar with".

Making the cab a bit deeper would be a better alternative. As would re-engineering the monitor mounts.

Making the cab a bit deeper would be a better alternative. As would re-engineering the monitor mounts.
Agreed. But let's to agree stick to compatibility primarily for the WG 19K7000.
Right. Which is why deeper or re-engineering the monitor mounts (as in the spot in the cab the monitor rests on) is the best option.

For anyone on about putting a bump in the back: bottom right of the flyer is why this isn't an acceptable solution.

9adca560758a2f1184d6eee243ddef74.jpg

Nobody trying to cheat someone. Just relax. There is only misunderstanding about schematic and real monitors. I think i can fix it.

I know People think about some riskies and they have right about it. Thats why we are working with distributor.

Please do not be a heart broken and not ignore the tons of efforts in this project. İf you dont beleive it, which you have right about it, please trying to be objective. Not a hater.

People are throwing huge deposits on something you've only made one of - i dont know about how anyone else might feel, but to me, thats a HUGE risk, and should give anyone pause before they throw down that kind of cash.

Or maybe people have money to burn on risks like these, so what do I know?

I see a lot of back and forth about monitors (which boggles my mind to begin with), but has anyone looked into whether theres a patent or some sort of copyright on the design? Capcom can be pretty litigious - what course do people have if this gets a C&D?

Do what you want, like I said before, but I just havent seen really anyone looking at this deal and putting a spotlight on any of the risks.

Isn’t there clearance between the monitor and the glass cover?

Why not put 1/2” spacers on the mounts and bring the monitor closer to the front of the glass?

To all the people red flagging. I am happy to prepay for a project of this magnitude and Cereth has been working with peoples deposits on containers for years.

I’m glad hursuit has been transparent about the problems as soon as he finds them out.

That being said. I don’t want an LCD or a 17” crt.

I’m glad hursuit has been transparent about the problems as soon as he finds them out.
The monitor hurdle was known back in November and in no small part the reason everything fell apart the first time.

It should have been dealt with before anyone considered taking money. It was a known problem seven months ago.

People are throwing huge deposits on something you've only made one of - i dont know about how anyone else might feel, but to me, thats a HUGE risk, and should give anyone pause before they throw down that kind of cash.
Or maybe people have money to burn on risks like these, so what do I know?

I see a lot of back and forth about monitors (which boggles my mind to begin with), but has anyone looked into whether theres a patent or some sort of copyright on the design? Capcom can be pretty litigious - what course do people have if this gets a C&D?

Do what you want, like I said before, but I just havent seen really anyone looking at this deal and putting a spotlight on any of the risks.
get out of here Bill.

Talking cease and decist and IP on a 30 year cab repro.

Your pessimism and fear is not warranted.

And it not a huge amount of money and we were given a 3-5 month lead time after deposits were made.

Put up or shut up. I put up and I don’t need bomb scares putting more doubt into this project and delaying it any further

We need to figure the monitors and that’s it. Anything else is jumping to conclusions.

People are throwing huge deposits on something you've only made one of - i dont know about how anyone else might feel, but to me, thats a HUGE risk, and should give anyone pause before they throw down that kind of cash.Or maybe people have money to burn on risks like these, so what do I know?

get out of here Bill.

And it not a huge amount of money and we were given a 3-5 month lead time after deposits were made.

Put up or shut up. I put up and I don’t need bomb scares putting more doubt into this project and delaying it any further

We need to figure the monitors and that’s it. Anything else is jumping to conclusions.
Not lookin to derail the thread, but you're totally wrong. Namco nailed a candy cabinet reseller about 8 year ago for selling cabinets with 60 in 1s. Does it happen often? nope. Could it happen? Yep.

Isn’t there clearance between the monitor and the glass cover?

Why not put 1/2” spacers on the mounts and bring the monitor closer to the front of the glass?
Good ideas I think, either make the cab 1/2"-1" deeper or bring the tube mounts forward and adjust/shorten the bezel to compensate.
Another option would be to rework the tube/chassis frame to relocate things a bit if needed. I dont think any of this is an issue for @hursit to take care off.

I also dont want a bump out, kinda silly. And I would prefer the 19" crt as well.

On a side note I was actually chatting with @hursit that I wanted him to build me a custom cab in the shape of the cute, but slim/not deep, to put an lcd in there and install it in my son's room for him to play his games on.

I have zero issues putting down a deposit with @Cereth and $500 is a minimal amount. He has never done me wrong and has been a man of his word. He has delivered on everything we have ever agreed on.

Last edited:
Another option would be to rework the tube/chassis frame to relocate things a bit if needed.
Without actually having one, that seems a near impossible feat. Plus, as @DecepticonZero brought up, it's not like a candy cab's chassis. There are parts on the chassis frame, and it serves as the primary ground.

Another option would be to rework the tube/chassis frame to relocate things a bit if needed.
Without actually having one, that seems a near impossible feat. Plus, as @DecepticonZero brought up, it's not like a candy cab's chassis. There are parts on the chassis frame, and it serves as the primary ground.
I get it, it just an extreme option to rework and Im sure he can do it if he would get his hands on one. But like we agree, make the cab a bit deeper/move the mounts forward/adjust bezel/trim should be the way to go with this. Im sure he will figure it out.

get out of here Bill.

Bringing up what some people - OTHER THAN YOURSELF - would consider VALID CONCERNS is "pessimism" and "fear"?

I've posted 3, 4 times in this thread - I'm certainly not deriding anyone for building and/or wanting to pay for this, despite what you may feel the need to interpret.

I dont know what Champagne-wishing, caviar-dream world you currently reside in, $500 is a pretty significant amount of money for something thats not even built yet. Will it break the bank for people? If you're ready to put down the cash for it, it obviously won't.

"We need to figure the monitors and that’s it. Anything else is jumping to conclusions." Dont you think that should have been the FIRST detail that should have gotten ironed out? Maybe it's me, but that seems to be the most important part of an arcade cabinet, because thats what you're ultimately going to be playing the game on.

I've been in this hobby a loong time, but over the years i've started to see a LOT of people dive head first into things they dont know how to do, and still think that they know more than anyone else. It's a real scary thing to see so much misinformation gets spread around and widely accepted as fact by people that dont care to take the time to research. You I'm "jumping to conclusions?" I would call it being cautious.

Hursit may not be the type of dude that will actively try to f*ck a bunch of people out of money, but I only have his post history to go on, maybe you have more insight? I'd like to hear it, but dont dismiss concerns someone else might have as fear-mongering and pessimism - thats just childish.

get out of here Bill.

Bringing up what some people - OTHER THAN YOURSELF - would consider VALID CONCERNS is "pessimism" and "fear"?
I've posted 3, 4 times in this thread - I'm certainly not deriding anyone for building and/or wanting to pay for this, despite what you may feel the need to interpret.

I dont know what Champagne-wishing, caviar-dream world you currently reside in, $500 is a pretty significant amount of money for something thats not even built yet. Will it break the bank for people? If you're ready to put down the cash for it, it obviously won't.

"We need to figure the monitors and that’s it. Anything else is jumping to conclusions." Dont you think that should have been the FIRST detail that should have gotten ironed out? Maybe it's me, but that seems to be the most important part of an arcade cabinet, because thats what you're ultimately going to be playing the game on.

I've been in this hobby a loong time, but over the years i've started to see a LOT of people dive head first into things they dont know how to do, and still think that they know more than anyone else. It's a real scary thing to see so much misinformation gets spread around and widely accepted as fact by people that dont care to take the time to research. You think thats "jumping to conclusions?" I would call it being cautious.

Hursit may not be the type of dude that will actively try to f*ck a bunch of people out of money, but I only have his post history to go on, maybe you have more insight? I'd like to hear it, but dont dismiss concerns someone else might have as fear-mongering and pessimism - thats just childish.
Hursit has run a business reproducing arcade posters, fabricating metal cases for PCBs, fabricating arcade fightsticks, etc.

It goes beyond just posts. There are a lot of folks here and elsewhere that have purchased these things from them and have expressed their praise. To say you just have their post history to go on is a bit disingenuous. Hursit clearly has established a good reputation, enough to warrant their own subsection on the Arcade Projects forum.

I mean what are you suggesting here exactly? That Hursit spent years building this reputation for the express purpose of pulling off a scam, going so far as to fabricate a prototype and showing the metal fabrication process, to make $50-60k?

Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

Pre-order filled out for a Green one. Let me know if I need to send payment. I've been stoked on this project and hope I get in on this run.

Last edited:
enough to warrant their own subsection on the Arcade Projects forum.
I sincerely love segasonicfan and don't want to drag him into this mess, he's made one product and has his own sub-section. It's a very low bar.

I do agree with most of your other points though. But @PXL Bill is right in saying that brushing off valid concerns (and some of these are indeed valid concerns) and claiming they're fear-mongering is silly.

Hey people please relax and wait for tonight. I will get the some measurements from @acblunden2 to check it again.

@PXL Bill

I understand what do you mean and im not angry to you or anyone. You have right what you said. I was wrong about the monitor schematics , i have to double check before pre-ordering maybe. People make mistakes and i have accept it . But as i said, i will check it tonight and will tell the people what options we have.

I just want nobody fighting for a cabinet. This is a great community and big family.

People can be relax about it. If we had a problem with something i will tak with @Cereth and decide what will we do about it. The money refund is an option. He trusted to me and send to me for the deposit. I never touch the money. I can cancel the project and refund all the deposite right now, if everbody ask about it.
I have seen a problem process the drawing and i wanted to share with you people.

But i have building metal staff and i have very experienced with Metal, and i have already buid this cabinet before. This is not a problem about me cannot build the cabinet. It is just a bad luck for the metal frame.

Thanks for your opinions and support.

Back