What's new
Definitely happy to chip in my share for that inspection fee/whatever comes of that.

Alright I know some of you expressed willingness to contribute towards the cost, but I really gotta reiterate, I don't work that way. It's my cost to bear alone. Also, the good news is that it fell far short of that estimate. They only did a 1/3 unpack (duh, they're all the same thing lol), and estimating $4,000 was shooting for the worst scenario. Reality ended up closer to $1,500. It is released from exam, just waiting to clear some paperwork I fucked up on and didn't have correct before. It will show up at my warehouse by the end of the week if all goes well, next week if not.

Deliveries and shipments will not be scheduled AT ALL until end of next week. There's two other containers as well, it'll take me probably until next Monday to start arranging shipments in the first place, much less putting them on trucks and getting them out. I'll be in touch with buyers within a week.

Wonderful freaking news indeed my friend.

I hope to be out there towards the end of the year, so I'm definitely gonna try to meet up with you and buys you a beer at least :D maybe @8bitforlife will be there also??

Ok, what's the best iso transformer to get for this to use with the K7000?? Trying to get ready.
Because I'm not afraid to sound dumb: a what now? Do I need that?

Edit: oh I see, at 7:36 in the build video

View: https://youtu.be/YoHx5koDvaI?list=PL8Ls9W_MULJ3A4nJMHHGqrGyBE3qCQLUA&t=456

Edit 2: speaking of getting ready, what is everyone doing for speakers/amp? I see 80mm spacing, but I don't see any mention about what is driving them. I searched this thread and saw Rewrite saying we don't need an amp, but I'm not sure how that works if it's just a meanwell PSU...

Edit 3: okay, did a bit more reading and yeah, definitely will want an isolation transformer. Hoping for some advice on what to get here.

Edit 4: would this be sufficient?
https://www.arcadepartsandrepair.co...es/monitor-isolation-transformer-120v-output/

Last edited:
Edit 2: speaking of getting ready, what is everyone doing for speakers/amp? I see 80mm spacing, but I don't see any mention about what is driving them. I searched this thread and saw Rewrite saying we don't need an amp, but I'm not sure how that works if it's just a meanwell PSU...
The amp is on the arcade board 😊

The amp is on the arcade board 😊
Ohhh that's right, JAMMA has amplified audio already! I've always used the line-level outputs from my boards (CPS2, MVS, etc), so I haven't used the preamp audio before and, well, kinda forgot about it, haha. Good call!

Ya ill definitely be there by beginning of September @Derick2k I'll be cracking the wipe on cereth or vice versa. I'm going to buy a the biggest BBQ traeger makes hopefully I have my arcade building made by then we can BBQ and play some games. Have a party

I bought direct speaker replacements that are shielded from France only place I could find them. They showed up before container had to go out so that is great.

I also got 2 wg4600 and 1 4900 19in they are almost nos no burn so I'm ecstatic on that

I also would need to work on iso for the monitors.

As for amp some games don't have an amp I believe correct? What if we wanted to use stereo hookup on a cps2 or use konami stereo plug on a pcb which I think needs an amp.

Please correct me if I'm wrong I am shit at this stuff.

If someone figures this stuff out please make a step by step on how to add an use and amp so my dump self can even do it.

Because I'm not afraid to sound dumb: a what now? Do I need that?

Edit: oh I see, at 7:36 in the build video

View: https://youtu.be/YoHx5koDvaI?list=PL8Ls9W_MULJ3A4nJMHHGqrGyBE3qCQLUA&t=456

Edit 3: okay, did a bit more reading and yeah, definitely will want an isolation transformer. Hoping for some advice on what to get here.

Edit 4: would this be sufficient?
https://www.arcadepartsandrepair.co...es/monitor-isolation-transformer-120v-output/

I, too, would like to know what isolation transformer will work. Preferably budget-friendly options that do the job needed.

Back