What's new
For Sale

plasticfactory

Grand Master
Reaction score
Installation Instructions

Primal Rage PCB Enclosure

This is a preorder/purchase thread for my Primal Rage enclosure as originally posted here.

Features:

• PCB mounting via 14 points to the base plate, with the top plate mounted at the acrylic edge to eliminate strain on the PCB
  • With or without lip to accommodate the JNX Rage adapter
  • 1/4" Matte black (outside), Gloss Black (inside) acrylic, with "blood" red acrylic logo backer
  • 3D Printed side braces act as both support and feet to orient the PCB on its side
  • 3D Printed TPU protective cover for heatsink
  • Not pictured: 3D printed frame to reduce heatsink sagging
  • Sturdy -- this thing is rock solid
  • Hardware (all included):
    • Anodized aluminum spacers and standoffs
    • Stainless steel screws
    • 12mm rubber feet

There is no minimum order quantity to fulfill this project. Whether there are 1 or 100 preorders (realistically, I expect to sell 5-10 of these), I will manufacture the enclosures. Materials will be ordered 2 weeks after this thread has been posted, with a 1 month lead time to manufacture and ship. This is likely to be on a single or limited run basis. I intend to make all design files public.

Price: $220, shipped in the United States (international shipping available)

I would have liked to get the price a bit lower, but there is a lot of material and hardware in this one.

Payment can be made at any time. I will send invoices to all interested parties after the 2 week period is up, but the sooner I receive payment the sooner I can make the materials purchase.

Simply reply to this thread or PM me if you wish to purchase or have any questions.

1699545117798.png

1699545129633.png

1699545139969.png

1699545149056.png

1699545192354.png

1701050337382.png

1699545201522.png

Run 1:
1. Kidkaos
2. HornheaDD - X
3. LemonKing - X
4. Evosabe - X
5. SeaWolf
6. Johnny Cutt - X
7. Spektrem - X
8. pfitz1982 - X
9. santashiva - X
10. clintkolodziej - X
11. DRAGONKZ - Derick2k - X
12. shllshockarcade - X
13. slayer213 - X
14. aimbuster - X
15. NeoField
16. 2jz509 - X

Last edited:
Is there any provisioning (ie holes) to mount this case to some timber board?

I know it likely defeats the purpose of the case, but my end use case is having boards permanently inside a cabinet, and this case would be handy to help protect/reduce board flex.

I’ve got Jasen CPS cases and he ended up making a bracket that reused the rubber feet holes as an example.

Thanks

Any pics of a lipless one?

How hard would it be to source black screws?

X

That is so fucking bad ass man.. id get one if my primal rage didnt keep watchdog reseting on me not sure how to fix it..

Usually watchdog reset is voltage related. I have a feeling you've already been down that road, but let me know if you get it fixed :)

This is badass

Do you have an idea of the price with shipping to France?

I would budget for an additional $20.

Is there any provisioning (ie holes) to mount this case to some timber board?

I know it likely defeats the purpose of the case, but my end use case is having boards permanently inside a cabinet, and this case would be handy to help protect/reduce board flex.

I’ve got Jasen CPS cases and he ended up making a bracket that reused the rubber feet holes as an example.

Thanks

There is not, but I wouldn't have any issue designing/printing some brackets for the corners and middle pieces to replace the rubber feet. This is probably something that should be included by default. The material would probably not match the other printed pieces as I'd go with Nylon or something tougher since it would have load (it would be black at least).

Any pics of a lipless one?

How hard would it be to source black screws?

X

No pics of a finished one, unfortunately. It would quite literally be the same, just sans lip:

1699806683562.png

As for the screws, I actually did try to source some matching, anodized black screws. I kept coming up short when it came to the longer ones, and decided against it as it would mean a few do not much.

If you really wanted black over SS, I'd recommend picking up a kit like this. I opted against them simply because I'm not a fan of the dull/matte black finish.

Fantastic work, so good!

Loving the matte black acrylic. :thumbup: I just received some for a project and I've only just peeled back a corner so far but it looks great. It's an ideal material for a case like this and beats a gloss finish by miles. It looks great and should be much more scratch & fingerprint resistant too.

Just a thought. If you ever do make another Outside Cover with the Primal Rage JP subtext, I'd be all in for one with my board.

Fantastic work, so good!

Loving the matte black acrylic. :thumbup: I just received some for a project and I've only just peeled back a corner so far but it looks great. It's an ideal material for a case like this and beats a gloss finish by miles. It looks great and should be much more scratch & fingerprint resistant too.

Thank you! Yeah, I did the first one in gloss and it immediately looked bad. The only issue with the matte is that I can't seem to find with the matte finish on both sides (at least in the sizes I need).

Just a thought. If you ever do make another Outside Cover with the Primal Rage JP subtext, I'd be all in for one with my board.

Are you talking about adding one of these underneath the logo cutout?

1699834833525.png

1699834848173.png

Thank you! Yeah, I did the first one in gloss and it immediately looked bad. The only issue with the matte is that I can't seem to find with the matte finish on both sides (at least in the sizes I need).

Are you talking about adding one of these underneath the logo cutout?

1699834833525.png

1699834848173.png
Yes! Would be a cool addition but not required.

No promises, but if I find time to vectorize it I can easily make it an option.

Or, if someone else wants to vectorize it, I can absolutely make it an option :)

When I get closer to actually making the cases I will see if I can carve out a few minutes to add that feature.

If it helps I'm using Perspex Midnight Black S2 9221 which is matte on both sides.

I'm going to design some brackets and include them for a small, optional charge (between 5 and 15 dollars for the 6 pieces required). They will be printed out of Nylon or ASA, and designed to be sturdy. If that sounds good I'll sign you up.

Last edited:
Back