What's new
I agree, the trailer is very difficult to watch. And it looks like there's only maybe 4-5 full seconds worth of gameplay across the trailer, just repeated at different zoom levels and angles.

Will we see some amount of uninterrupted gameplay footage before the kickstarter is over?

I agree, the trailer is very difficult to watch. And it looks like there's only maybe 4-5 full seconds worth of gameplay across the trailer, just repeated at different zoom levels and angles.

Will we see some amount of uninterrupted gameplay footage before the kickstarter is over?
I feel you. How about a live stream Q&A where we show some bits of the prototype?

I feel you. How about a live stream Q&A where we show some bits of the prototype?
That's a good idea, but I think you should definitely have at least 30 - 60 seconds of unedited gameplay footage linked directly on the Kickstarter page so that potential backers can see how the game runs normally.
Ok, then let's focus on that first! :)

A gameplay trailer can be made using footage from the livestream - you could also record and make the livestream available to watch on Twitch or YouTube :)

the trailer is not as bad as i was expecting after the comments here, nevertheless a longer section of unedited gameplay would make it more legit in my eyes...

Good Luck with you Kickstarter, i'm pretty sure i'll back this in the coming days! :thumbup:

Hey folks,

quite a lot of updates these days, most of it has been covered in our first video update:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpQnOQKLkU0[/media]

- End to end gameplay recording of the current, early state of the game!
- Quite some additional info on current state and plans as part of commentary
- The "Caravan Demo" you see in the video will be made available for everyone to try in a few days from here.. The demo will work on MVS/AES with Multis, as well as NGCD, MAME & MiSTer. Final game still only for MVS & AES for initial release.
- Pre-orders are now directly available at https://fullset.io, as Kickstarter was still at 42% 6 days before ending and extremely unlikely to succeed.

Let me know what you think!

- CF

Last edited:
What kind of release date timeframe are you guys looking at for this one?

Hey everyone!

Rather big update this time: We just released a caravan-style, pre-alpha demo of the first level!

It's available for MVS and AES (using NeoSD/MultiMVS), as well as Neo Geo CD, MiSTer and MAME.

Download: https://fullset.io/caravan

As mentioned before our goal with the demo is to get some first general feedback on the game. Everything from graphics, sound, swarm patterns and mechanics is still in pretty early stage and will see quite some improvement for the final product.

To give you an idea, this is a comparison on how the game used to look like on a few months back vs. today.

1-export.png

The current demo actually has a somewhere in between state of these two :)

Keen to hear everyone's feedback as always!

Cheers,

CF

Didn't wanna be mean but you are looking for feedback and you specifically ask about graphics so i'll start with my first impressions on those.

I am not digging the main ships design. Whereas every other shmup you can tell what kinda craft it is, maybe with some help from promotional material like Gradius, R-type, etc... you get a feel for it. The ship in your game I cannot imagine how it looks. Even the enemy ships just look very randomized. I can see a thruster but are those wings? Is that a cockpit or a glowing orb ? Something to think about.

I'll give the demo a shot and give more indepth feedback.

You should add to the MAME instructions how you need to execute e.g. "mame64 neogeo -cart1 neon"

I like the ship. But I don't know where the hitbox is just by looking at it (assuming it's not the entire ship, I haven't had a chance to throw this in MAME yet.)

I like the ship. But I don't know where the hitbox is just by looking at it (assuming it's not the entire ship, I haven't had a chance to throw this in MAME yet.)
Cheers, we're looking into some smaller refinements including making the hitbox more obvious.

Quick status update we've also posted on Twitter a few days ago

Considering everything going on in the world right now, we're still progressing nice and steady.

- 4 of 5 level designs are generally done and implemented, which includes different scroll layers, animations and loop sections and some nice fx (rain, dust) here and there
- we implemented more advanced bullet patterns.. you know... targeted, spread, spirals and all that .. we'll give you a bit of a sneak preview in our next update.
- the biggest thing left is actually implementing all the different enemy patterns / swarms across all the different levels.
- the intro is being worked at in parallel as well.

We're still optimistically aiming for Dec 2020, but will of course give everyone a heads up should we this that date slipping for any reason.

Stay safe everyone!

siccowl_teaser-export.png

2764.svg

Back