What's new
Unless I'm actively breathing on you/in your general direction its not the same at all, apples and oranges bro.
Your breath projects 6 feet while just standing. Up to 20 if exercising.
(and you don't have the right to do that no matter how scared you are).
And you don't have the right to impede on others' health and well-being no matter how worried about your rights you are.

you don't have the right to impede on others' health and well-being no matter how worried about your rights you are.
This is how NSA programs get started... Justify the corruption of our constitution in the name of safety/protection.
361176.jpg

Have fun in Neo-China, I'll be dead because I refuse to live that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's about protecting OTHER people
I am not responsible for the health/well-being of others, nor should I be required to be.Can't you see whats wrong with your image above?
Unless I'm actively sneezing on you/in your general direction its not the same at all, apples and oranges bro.

If others are fearful I suggest they stay home, which I support BTW because that is their body and their choice to make.

I also do wear a mask when I go out, but I don't ever want to see that become a law/mandate because that crosses the line into my personal freedom (and you don't have the right to do that no matter how scared you are).
So in other words, science is wrong? I know its not your field of expertise. However, please read up on airborne transmission. Specifically, in the last few days alone with COVID-19 and you will understand how important masks are. Ppl need to stop being political when it comes to a Pandemic. It's about everyone's well-being, not the selfishness of an individual. Personal freedom? Perhaps read the constitution again. There is a reason a lot of Public Health laws haven't been changed and are still very powerful. Stop making it about you, that's one of the biggest things we are fighting right now with this disease and its transmission.

Might just be me, but I find it quite rude that this thread has been taken over to talk politics - if this was my post, I would be quite upset.

I think it would be nice to show @orc.one some respect here - specifcally @jassin000 / @Jassin2, we don't come here to listen to your opinions on politics / have you down talk other peoples ideas.

Reactions: ack
I find it quite rude that this thread has been taken over to talk politics
Threads get de-railed all the time, for all kinds of reasons.
You are right, it is rude to take the conversation outside of the topics intended purpose... But the fact it was political is in of itself moot.
we don't come here to listen to your opinions on politics / have you down talk other peoples ideas
YOU come here for your own reasons. By using "we" you are attempting to speak/represent other people (artificially adding weight to the statement).
I don't come here to be told by a single person that they represent the ideas/will of the many when they are clearly just expressing a personal opinion.
So in other words, science is wrong?
Don't put words in my mouth, I believe the science and yes I believe it transmits via air.
Stop making it about you
I couldn't have said it better myself! STOP making it about ME by demanding I do something to protect YOU.
I don't owe you or anyone else a damn thing, I'll wear the mask when/if I want (I do BTW, but this is about freedom to choose what I do with my body).

Might just be me, but I find it quite rude that this thread has been taken over to talk politics - if this was my post, I would be quite upset.
That's the dangerous bit about commenting on topics people are passionate about I guess. Making a post that comments on those kinds of topics opens up the possibility of people who disagree chiming in unfortunately.

I'm sure if I started a project thread and commented on Brexit or Trump or BLM in the first post *someone* would chime in disagreeing with whatever was said.

That being said, it's hard not to try and educate people who are so willing to put the health of others at risk, and like @ReplicaX I don't see it as a political issue so much as a public health concern.

Sorry to have continued to bring things off-topic @orc.one but I think your initial post may have baited the trolls a little too hard (referring to the masks bit).

I think it would be nice to show @orc.one some respect here - specifcally @jassin000 / @Jassin2, we don't come here to listen to your opinions on politics / have you down talk other peoples ideas.
I didn't say anything about politics. I said his design sucked. Which it does. Try and keep up suge.

I said his design sucked. Which it does. Try and keep up
"They" didn't come here to have you down talk other peoples ideas... THEY... :rolleyes:

pronoun

used to refer to two or more people or things previously mentioned or easily identified.
"the two men could get life sentences if they are convicted"
I don't see it as a political issue so much as a public health concern.
This topic is special in that while it addresses a public health concern, its actually a political issue at heart because you are making laws to dictate the actions/behavior of others in the name of public health.

I wish everyone would save a little of that anger they feel when they see someone without a mask on for China...
Let us not soon forget China destroyed samples of the virus in November, and hid the onset from WHO.
All this in-fighting is distracting us from the real issue, China should be held accountable for a cover-up and the financial damage that comes with it.

Shut everything down for the next two years, pay everyone 1200$ a week unemployment, hand China the bill for ALL of it.

Jassin1 and Jassin2 argues with rewrite and rewrong.

Man, what a thread!

While I disagree with some of the ideas expressed by @rewrite truth is I appreciate him and what he brings to the conversation.
We can't advance/evolve our point of views if we aren't allowed to express them... Even if its way off topic in someone else's thread which could be considered rude. ;)

It's about protecting OTHER people
I am not responsible for the health/well-being of others, nor should I be required to be.
Then you'd better not drive. There are an infinitude of cases where you will be held responsible by society for exhibiting reckless and dangerous behavior. Why, I was just on the road the other day, and someone was removed from traffic for passing a signal indicating that it was unsafe to proceed. Alaskan drivers really are the worst. (Also they don't know what a blinker is.) It's untrue that your attitude is a right—it isn't, and there are civil and criminal legal remedies for those who act on that pretension.

Anyway, my first arcade game ever has finally arrived safe and intact, albeit delayed by nearly a month thanks to the spread of COVID-19 in my country. But since that is the least important impact I've personally had, though I am 100% unsympathetic towards attitudes like the above, having lost a friend to this year to coronavirus, I'm not complaining about a bit of delayed mail.

First run of parts have been ordered for my supergun, since I've also chosen to build that from scratch as well. I've no idea when any of that is coming in. For now, I intend using my Kikusui bench power supply to run it until I can get my own power supply made. (Then I need to complete some for-pay-projects in order to afford more.)

I'd like to research bluetooth receivers so I can use something like Wii U Pro controllers.

I did want to mention my unit came with an unusual (?) JAMMA harness which allows an additional cab to serve as a second display for a total of four players. I had no idea you could do this. Is this unique to the D&D games or do other CPS-2 games support this?

Back