What's new

riiya

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi,

I made a palette mod for Street Fighter III 3rd Strike (and the 4rd Strike romhack) that people seemed to like.
I have an update for it now (adding changes to Remy's and Twelve's stages, among other things) and was told that I should make a thread here for it.

Please check out the video for previews, options and the download link!
If there are any questions or such, feel free to ask me (here or on twitter)!
View: https://youtu.be/4THUKhm3CnE

Last edited:
Watched the preview... cool update, subtle stuff but nice to see you refining it to perfection.

Thank you!

Yea, the main reason for the update was that Remy's stage became available to palmodding - up until around 2 weeks ago the tools for this were missing as far as I can tell.
Twelve's also wasn't available when I initially release the first version, so while making the tweaks to those two stages I looked at my already finished ones and checked if there was something I thought could be improved still.

The things that bothered me were Alex's stage being overly yellow/orange, Chun's still not having enough definition, and the Twins' stages being too blinding(?) with their respective colours as well.

Since HUD modding became available since back then and now, I figured I'd also include some options for those things, for people who'd want to change that kind of stuff up without having to get (into) the program to do that itself.

Have you thought about changing the colour of the title screen to differentiate? Like 4th Strike?

Have you thought about changing the colour of the title screen to differentiate? Like 4th Strike?
I don't think that's moddable with just palmod, actually. At least currently the necessary pages/areas to change the title screen aren't available for that, I think.
At the same time I feel like the changed title screen colour for 4rd Strike has been done in order to make it easier identifiable as a romhack that actively changes the balance of the game / the gameplay - and while my stage modifications change things visually, essentially it's 1:1 the same game in the end.

The ROM I use personal has like, the character select changed a bit more and basically every character cololur replaced (either with a tweaked one or just an entirely different colour), including stuff like making parries glow white instead of blue, and red parries a more vibrant red. But I felt like those kind of changes are different than "tweaking the colours of the backdrops to be less monotone" or such, so I didn't include such things.

Back