What's new
For Sale
I have had issues like this with snap in buttons on repro panels also. But pushing the little clips in from the underside gives you that little bit of room to get them in.

You can always order screw in buttons which are just as good (and the same price) really...
I agree pressing the tabs in from the backside helps to get the button in, but the issue I had was related to these little plastic bumps on the button shaft. I'm pretty sure filing those parts off would have also prevented the problem. Screw in buttons are actually my preferred button type since they are easy to put in and easy to take out, but I think when I bought my buttons the screw in type were out of stock and I wasn't thinking so just bought press in style.

fxBbtxw.jpg

Exactly, those bumps get filed down by the stainless steel hole edge when you press it in to maintain that tight fit. There is a small recess on the underside of the button flange for the shaving to fit into.

Exactly, those bumps get filed down by the stainless steel hole edge when you press it in to maintain that tight fit
it's not supposed to be so tight that they get filed down. if that's what's happening your panel holes are undersized.

That’s how it’s been for me for OEM and various repros. I have only had experience with 5 panels total though. Seems to be the design intent going into metals panels, it’s going to deform/file that nub and sit in the recess provided in the button.
Exactly, those bumps get filed down by the stainless steel hole edge when you press it in to maintain that tight fit
it's not supposed to be so tight that they get filed down. if that's what's happening your panel holes are undersized.

I've definitely experienced that with repo panels, I've never experienced that with original Sega panels.

I have had issues like this with snap in buttons on repro panels also. But pushing the little clips in from the underside gives you that little bit of room to get them in.

You can always order screw in buttons which are just as good (and the same price) really...
I agree pressing the tabs in from the backside helps to get the button in, but the issue I had was related to these little plastic bumps on the button shaft. I'm pretty sure filing those parts off would have also prevented the problem. Screw in buttons are actually my preferred button type since they are easy to put in and easy to take out, but I think when I bought my buttons the screw in type were out of stock and I wasn't thinking so just bought press in style.
fxBbtxw.jpg
I use these tools to save my fingers and buttons.

https://allfightsticks.com/products/buttercade-snap-out-tool-for-pushbuttons

also can be found on focus attacks website.

I use these tools to save my fingers and buttons.
I met maker for those (and various other fun stick projects) at Evo last year, nice guy. He recognized me from Twitter at a tram stop and introduced himself.

I miss offline events ...

I'm rethinking my earlier thoughts on the Neo Candy 29 panel. I had wanted a 4 button version, but in the interest of versatility it might be better to throw authenticity out the window and go for this:

neo-candy-6button.jpg

I'm rethinking my earlier thoughts on the Neo Candy 29 panel. I had wanted a 4 button version, but in the interest of versatility it might be better to throw authenticity out the window and go for this:
I actually have two Neo Candy 29 panels that looks exactly like this. I remember them looking legit to me? They're sitting in my storage room, I'll grab a pic if you're interested.

IIRC the Neo 29 is wired for a multislot Neo, but the Neo Candy is just regular Jamma I think? I wouldn't be surprised if they made a 12B panel for it.

I've definitely experienced that with repo panels, I've never experienced that with original Sega panels.
Sanwa licensed panels definitely have that issue. I just pulled 8 snap-in buttons from two Blast City 1L6B panels. I had real problems getting them off.

I actually have two Neo Candy 29 panels that looks exactly like this. I remember them looking legit to me? They're sitting in my storage room, I'll grab a pic if you're interested.
Really? I've never seen official 6 button panels, if you get a chance to take a pic I'd definitely be curious. I'm not a purist or anything, but it would make me feel slightly better knowing it was official at one point still lol.

IIRC the Neo 29 is wired for a multislot Neo, but the Neo Candy is just regular Jamma I think? I wouldn't be surprised if they made a 12B panel for it.
Yes, you're correct about that, the Neo Candy 29 is wired for Jamma, not Neo Geo. So it does make a certain amount of sense that there would be panels like that, I've just never seen one.

I have nine cabs in my garage right now, and two of them belong to a friend, I've been holding them for the last year. He's ready to pick them up, and I'm kinda looking forward to getting the space back. I think seven is enough, I'm not really looking to replace them after they leave I don't think.

But my four Astro Cities and two Vewlixes are all linked and pretty dedicated to fighting games (CPS3 and CPS2 multi in each pair of Astros), I don't really have much versatility for rotating boards for other stuff.

My thinking was it might be nice if my Neo Candy was a little more flexible when I wanted to switch things up. 6 buttons means I could pop my Hyper Fighting board in there (which will hopefully one day be a CPS1 multi) for instance.

It's always tempting to add more machines, but I'm not a collector for the sake of collecting, I really only want cabs that get played. Seven seems like it's my reasonable limit. Of course right now they're basically gathering dust, but one day I'll be able to host people again, so planning for that.

Really? I've never seen official 6 button panels, if you get a chance to take a pic I'd definitely be curious. I'm not a purist or anything, but it would make me feel slightly better knowing it was official at one point still lol.
Here's a pic:

neo_candy_cp_2l12b.jpg

Looks legit to me? Holes definitely aren't hand punched and the overlay is the same quality as the 2L8B one from a Neo 29 I have. Oh, and don't mind the back, some asshole painted silver paint over the rust.

EDIT: if you agree with me and you do want to make a more accurate repro of this panel, you can find a scan of the panel here:

https://mega.nz/file/Y6oShYpY#dg4Nk538jMwa-SMorSyhxfHuFhFTG9LGJul0bWPHg54

Last edited:
Here's a pic:
neo_candy_cp_2l12b.jpg

Looks legit to me? Holes definitely aren't hand punched and the overlay is the same quality as the 2L8B one from a Neo 29 I have. Oh, and don't mind the back, some asshole painted silver paint over the rust.

EDIT: if you agree with me and you do want to make a more accurate repro of this panel, you can find a scan of the panel here:

https://mega.nz/file/Y6oShYpY#dg4Nk538jMwa-SMorSyhxfHuFhFTG9LGJul0bWPHg54
yes, its legit, i have one here too like yours

For those on the fence about buying Rbtamamini reproduction panels... BUY THEM! I was blown away by the quality of his productions. I bought 2 panels and an overlay from him. The 2 panels were the SFV Vewlix panels and the overlay was the New Net City overlay. All of the New Net City reproductions I have seen so far have been terrible. This one is easily the best to date.

SFV-panel.jpg

NNC-overlay.jpg

For those on the fence about buying Rbtamamini reproduction panels... BUY THEM! I was blown away by the quality of his productions. I bought 2 panels and an overlay from him. The 2 panels were the SFV Vewlix panels and the overlay was the New Net City overlay. All of the New Net City reproductions I have seen so far have been terrible. This one is easily the best to date.

SFV-panel.jpg

NNC-overlay.jpg
Looks clean. I have noticed that the graphics on player 1 side are overlapping on the the "New Net City" text. I dunno if the originals were like that as well, but it looks off to me.

I have a Vewlix Diamond Orange and decided to order the SFV panel. Craftsmanship and quality are great! This repro 2P looks good on my setup and it replaced my original 1P panel. The only thing I'll point out is that the panel is thicker compared to my original.

IMG_1811.jpg
IMG_1815.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1813.jpg
    IMG_1813.jpg
    406.2 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_1814.jpg
    IMG_1814.jpg
    453.3 KB · Views: 171
Back