What's new
is there a link anywhere to buy one or have it printed? I need one that's offwhite (jp sat)....
I was quoted $30 + shipping from Sculpteo, and thingverse couldn't print it. The best thing to do would be to find someone who can print it for you locally or here on the board.

Also, since off-white isn't a common material you may want to print it in white and spray paint it to match your Saturn.

how is the card holder fitment for people? my original PLA tests had the cards a little lose (which is what it should be) but when I printed in ABS it was pretty snug.

It's just about right. Not holding on for dear life but not popping out if I bump the Saturn. I used PLA also.

I was quoted $30 + shipping from Sculpteo, and thingverse couldn't print it. The best thing to do would be to find someone who can print it for you locally or here on the board.
Also, since off-white isn't a common material you may want to print it in white and spray paint it to match your Saturn.
ISO. any color is fine with me.

Have a look at 3d hubs to find somebody to print it for you. or hackerspace.org to find a local fab lab to print it for you.

nearly finished with my next project :D

This one was a lot more complicated but moved ahead much faster from all the tricks I learned with the Rhea tray.

Attachments

• gd_emu_tray.jpg
    gd_emu_tray.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 104
  • gd_emu_tray2.jpg
    gd_emu_tray2.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 106
Shit damn!
I talked to dknute to see if he had any of the old style GDEMU boards kicking around so i could design a tray for that. He said he only had 1 left which he was using for some testing of counterfeit chips he received.

However, if you want to get some measurements for me I can check how well this tray might work with the old style board, or tweak the design for better compatibility.

ok I think I'm done the GDEMU tray but before I release it I want someone to do a test print for me, this tray has two parts, a "base" that bolts below the GDEMU and a "shield" that is press fit to the upper lid on the Dreamcast. While it works on my printer, since the tolerances on the lid are designed to be tight I want to see how well it works for others and if I need to add more clearance before releasing the files.

7911737ce804b4b9f19eed52198eb10c_preview_featured.jpg

I've attached the STL for the shield. Anyone willing to be a Guinea pig. Anyone willing to print and test fitment please do so and let me know. Once confirmed I'll remove the file here and post the whole thing up on thingiverse.

Note you WILL need to add supports when printing the shield.

Last edited:
Hey T, I will do a test print hopefully this weekend if everything goes well, I am in the midst of some renovation projects to my house, so that takes priority before the wife kills me.

Back