What's new
Reaction score
@Axun and @drfunk2k

Hello.

First of all, I want to clarify from the start: I don't mean to be derogatory, or sound like an entitled customer that can't be patient.

From what I gather looking at conversations in 2021, Axunworks has had issues with the chip shortage, and supply chain issues in general, as well as lockdowns in China. That is completely understandable. I also saw that during a period of time drfunk2k was very active in giving updates and answering questions consistently. Some time later he had personal issues that prevented him from even accessing the internet. Again, that's understandable (more so knowing he lives in China).

That being said, I came to know that after placing my order, and not getting any response to emails and PMs, and message through my order. I did some research on this forum to know what the deal is, after not getting any response.

I have been in this hobby long enough to know that most of these companies are usually very small, and receive more orders than they can fulfill in a timely manner (by big companies standard). I am no stranger to 2, 3, 4 months waiting for something. I have even done preorders that took a year.

So why am I writting this? Because in most of those occasions I knew beforehand how was the process, and the vendor always was there to answer any concern. Basic customer service.

What made me worried is that some people say they have been waiting for months, even up to a year, with no updates, no product, and just the promise that since other people have received theirs in the past, they should receive it at some point.

That prompted me to try contact Axunworks any way possible, with no response, to know an aproximate time for my order to be fulfilled. Nothing crazy. I also made clear that I can wait (hopefully not a full year!). At least give me peace of mind as a customer that gave you 460 dollars aprox.

I invite all the customers in a similar position to request Axunworks to give some clarity on the current situation, timeframes, etc.

The thing is, next time someone asks me if they should buy from you, I would have to say what has been my experience with customer service, and also what others have said about waiting a really long time with no contact nor product. Having no answer to an email or message in a week or more is hard for me to justify.

Please take this as constructive criticism. If drfunk2k is too busy, has issues, and can not help with customer contact, maybe get someone to help him, I don't know.

Order Number SQ2022061469010177382

Best regards

Last edited:
been waiting over a year myself for my initial order. would be really nice to get my stuff or a refund maybe.

Oh wow! I was about to order the RGB-2YC (RGB to Composite & S-Video Ver2.0) adapter from axunworks but good I found this post. Im not sure now If I'll order it. I'm not willing to wait a year for an order to arrive.

Oh wow! I was about to order the RGB-2YC (RGB to Composite & S-Video Ver2.0) adapter from axunworks but good I found this post. Im not sure now If I'll order it. I'm not willing to wait a year for an order to arrive.
I'll update this thread when I get my order, so you know how long they took with me at least.

I waited a year to get 3 kick harnesses from AxunWorks. Just 3, small kick harnesses. I had sold the supergun before they even arrived. I’ve still got them brand new, totally useless to me. Great products, but the wait time is insanity.

I waited a year to get 3 kick harnesses from AxunWorks. Just 3, small kick harnesses. I had sold the supergun before they even arrived. I’ve still got them brand new, totally useless to me. Great products, but the wait time is insanity.
Are they Blast kick harnesses by chance? Cps2?

I hope @drfunk2k is ok. All business aside I was in fairly regular contact but the last few messages sounded like things were getting really tough for him out there in China. Haven’t heard from him in months.

Let’s not forget he’s single handedly done a lot for us here on the forums. Not only being a conduit between Axun and his western customers, but also providing a lot of us with C-Boards for our CPS-1 Multis.

People should also respect that @drfunk2k was only helping Axun out with the best of intentions. He’s not a part of the back end of the business or its financials whatsoever. I dare say he’s gone out of his way and also his pocket many times to keep people on here happy.

If you’re reading this mate, please ping me back on my phone or Twitter. Lots of people appreciate you my dude.

Just wanted to point out as when Axun responded, I did not get an email notification. Probably a setting to turn it on, just not by default.

my 2nd order is on its way too. looks like axunworks is back in action

I've made several orders and received them, awesome products but I feel your frustrations. The wait time is long but the communication could be better.
What @djsheep said, they have been through some tough times. I hope everything turns out well.

Ordered a supergun and converters. Had no idea that it was months upon months no contact waiting before purchasing. NOT A FAN of the process at all.

If it takes 6-10 months and I know ahead of time? That’s fine, I know what I’m getting into with bespoke products. No mention of that much lead time on the site? Not cool.

Ordered a supergun and converters. Had no idea that it was months upon months no contact waiting before purchasing. NOT A FAN of the process at all.

If it takes 6-10 months and I know ahead of time? That’s fine, I know what I’m getting into with bespoke products. No mention of that much lead time on the site? Not cool.
I know right? I know that delays can be unexpected, specially due to lockdowns in China. But a timely update can make all the difference.

Back