What's new
Does any one have the manual for Rythm tengoku ?
A scan or a photo of the wiring diagram will be great !
thank you :)
It's the GBA game ported to NAOMI, standard joystick two buttons.

I have no problem with te controls. It's for the pinout of the ouputs :)

Probably all of those buttons light up. Would be cool to duplicate.

yes, there a lot of lamps. btw its interesting what IO this game supposed to use ? iirc there was manual with this cart.

yes, there a lot of lamps. btw its interesting what IO this game supposed to use ? iirc there was manual with this cart.
that's a good point
Type 1 only has what? 6 outputs?

you'd need 12 to light up all of the gameplay buttons, 14 if you include start. that would require a type 2 or type 3

Yes type 1 has only 6 outputs.
The panel is lighted and there is several lamps and CCFL in the header ,the speakers etc ...
So RT should use a type 2 or 3 with the new outputs connector.
But I want to be sure

The panel is lighted and there is several lamps and CCFL in the header ,the speakers etc ...
So RT should use a type 2 or 3 with the new outputs connector.
But I want to be sure
if you want it just to work properly then you should be able to go into game test mode and look for an output test. it may have useful names for each of the outputs so you can see what outputs are programmed into the game and then see which pin goes active for each one of them.

if you want to use the same exact I/O that's in the original game that seems a bit pedantic.
There are two complete cabs for sale on YAJ right now if you know an importer
http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k213810773
http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n171587151

sadly neither show the I/O board.

if I had to guess it's a type 3. I say this because this is a Net-city cab which originally shipped with a type 1. a type 2 I/O is considerably larger and wouldn't fit in the normal I/O board location... a type 3 would as I believe they're nearly the same size as the type 1.

type 2 has 22 output and type 3 has 20... even if you include the speakers and the ccfls thats only 18 outputs so either would still work.

type3 for sure, we know someone in France who own this dedicated cab and will ask him somes informations.

I told to iro the same tips, go to game test mode to check outpout.
I will try myself surely tomorrow or this weekend stay tune.

BTW, this game can be played on type1,lights are bonus, and more output can be added by using an additional outputs homemade cart

just checked test mode outpout test,for all,you need 19 outputs
somes can not be used (like speaker r g b and two others)

for the moment i cant check exactly,i use an sega jamma to jvs but i need to investigate further, darksoft sended me an type 3 board.

it may have useful names for each of the outputs so you can see what outputs are programmed into the game and then see which pin goes active for each one of them.
Yes but without a type 2/3 , It won't be helpful. Or I missed a thing with that.

Small work today

I performed the following tests, with a small idea in mind
I put two i / o board in 'daisy chain' to see their reactions
the result is pretty good ..: D

the two nodes are recognized and functional
one with 8 outputs is my jvs to jamma
one with 20 outputs is io board type 3

Now, I've done an 'Powerboard' to io board, mean to put LED in powerful enough amperage without risking to make io board HS

and it works well

Here is the list of required outputs for a rythm tengoku 100% functional.
It would be good if someone who own that cab could physically indicate where lightings are located (as the speaker R G and B among others, as well as others that we can not determine (I think start P1 is easily to find: D))

Stay tuned! I think that the ouputs add-on for all io board approach!

It would be good if someone who own that cab could physically indicate where lightings are located (as the speaker R G and B among others, as well as others that we can not determine (I think start P1 is easily to find: D))
seems pretty straight forward to me. each button for each player can be illuminated.

the Speaker R G B and CCFL are in the marquee section. the speakers can be set to light up in red, green or blue, or combinations there of

Attachments

• rt_lamps.jpg
    rt_lamps.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 128
not sure how this 'addon' for *ALL* boards is possible, because each IO model have different outputs number hardcoded.

Was Kaisen Channel- Mars TV ever dumped?
Would love to see that one...

Hello

Here is the outputs pinout for Rythm Tengoku with an i/o type 3.
A type 3 is essential for the lighting.
Although the 60 pins connector is use, the buttons do not light up with an i/o type 1.
But no problem with the inputs, the game is working.

RA20P
1 5V
2 5V
3 GND
4 GND
5 1P A
6 1P B
7 2P UP
8 2P DOWN
9 2P LEFT
10 2P RIGHT
11 2P A
12 2P B
13 CCFL TOP
14 CCFL BOTTOM
15 SPEAKER RED
16 SPEAKER GREEN
17 SPEAKER BLUE
18 -
19 12V
20 12V

RA60P
51 1P START
52 1P DOWN
53 2P START
54 1P LEFT
55 1P UP
56 1P RIGHT

Yes! Even played a few of the mini-games, but as I said this is CF-Card which has a higher compatibility rate than netboot.
Do you have the ability to test netboot? I'm waiting for some SIMMs to arrive to upgrade my DIMMs so I can't do any testing now.
Also, would you mind testing Toukon Retsuden 4? We posted it the other day but have had no feedback from anyone with a large enough DIMM.
Sorry for being slightly off topic, but is it possible, to upgrade Naomi Net DIMMs? Do I just have to change the RAM sticks inside the DIMM?

Thanks,

Nandi

Back