What's new

DiggyGamer

Beginner
Reaction score
I'm currently getting the materials to build a replica Vewlix 2 player cabinet variant.
Is it safe to add a supergun to the internals without having any sort of fire hazard issues, or overheating problems?
My plan is to have the internals either one of two ways:

1. Mame PC board setup with all internals spread out evenly on PCB feet as to cause as little heat build up as possible and add the supergun into a front compartment where the read outs and pots are adjustable directly under the control panel.
2. Just the SG/just the Mame PC.

Being relatively new to this whole thing, I'm wondering if it's even possible to hook the control panel directly to a SG with some sort of db-15 + kick harness breakout cable?
I guess that was two questions in the end, but I think I'm in over my head at this point.

**UPDATE** Am I over complicating this? I really have no idea.

Last edited:
So the goal is to run MAME as well as some arcade pcbs, to a regular LCD TV?

HAS Supergun -> OSSC would do it. There are some boards with odd sync that you can fix with additional stuff: Home Arcade System - new supergun sets

Controls are db15 and kick harnesses for that particular (excellent) supergun, too, yes.

Dunno what kind of MAME PC you're in need of, but I don't think you'd run into heat or fire hazard stuff. Hell you can buy a raspberry pi and run a lot of stuff that way. Running a 4.5ghz overclocked water cooled super single core, just to play Gauntlet Legends? Just buy the actual pcb instead!

Awesome, thanks for the response!

So I could essentially attach the HAS db-15/kick harness connectors to a couple Brook universal control panel boards(since I'm using it in a full cab)?

I'll look into getting an OSSC, since I wanna keep my Framemeister free for console games.

"4.5ghz overclocked water cooled super single core" :D That made me laugh out loud.

Last edited:
Back