What's new
For Sale

Arthrimus

Champion
Reaction score
So If you haven't seen my development thread on this project already make sure to check it out.

Due to the fact that Taito JVS I/Os are expensive, have poor availability, and have a bug with input reporting that may cause compatibility issues with some games, I have designed an adapter PCB for Vewlix cabinets which converts the Vewlix control panel wiring harness and P1 power cable to the SEGA JVS I/O wiring harness pinout. Taito I/Os only accept +12v power input, so this adapter board also adds a voltage regulator to supply the +5v that the SEGA I/O needs. This adapter will allow you to use SEGA Type 1, 1.5, and 3 JVS I/O boards in any Vewlix cabinet. Many people already have spare SEGA I/Os (like myself) and even if you don't have one, they can regularly be bought for $30-50 on ebay or YAJ. This is a completely plug and play solution, none of your wiring needs to be modified to make this work.

This is the final PCB design.
pmIw94R.jpg

A prototype of the I/O adapter is in the hands of @Derick2k who confirms that it is working, and has designed a lovely acrylic mounting plate to fit the SEGA I/O onto the Vewlix I/O plate. Some minor fitment and positioning changes have been made since that first prototype and now I am ready to move into production of the final product.

Because I am not sure what the market for this product will be, I'd like to do an interest check before I order too many parts. That way I have an idea of how many PCBs and parts kits I should plan to order. Once I have a rough idea of how many to make I will order everything and start selling them.

Order Here! Full kit including mounting plate $75

The kit includes the following.

1x SEGA IO to Velwix adapter PCB
1x 60 pin ribbon cable
1x Clear acrylic mounting plate

This is everything you need to connect your SEGA I/O to your Vewlix cabinet.

Here's an example of the adapter and SEGA I/O installed to the Vewlix I/O plate using Derick2k's mounting plate.
25505.jpg

The List:
First batch = Shipped
  • Lemony Vengeance x 1 (paid)
  • Derick2k x 3 (paid)
  • ekorz x 1 (paid)
  • Niko x 2 (paid)
  • KingSopz x 1 (paid)
  • Plastic x 1 (paid)
  • Kaede x 1 (paid)
  • bfontain x 1 (paid)
  • tonyt76 x 1 (paid)
  • Neolurker x 1 (paid)
  • Tronbaby x 1 (paid)
  • fivestars x 1 (paid)
  • nismopunch x 1 (paid)
  • Coyo5050 x 1 (paid)
Second batch = Shipped
  • Battlesmurf x 2 (paid)
  • Rg111 x 1 (paid)
  • Epic x 1 (paid)
  • Cereth x 2 (paid)
  • wigsplitta x 1 (paid)
  • g60hot x 4 (paid)
  • statix138 x 1 (paid)
  • caldwert x 2 (paid)
  • zetsurin x1 (paid)
  • kevin2me x1 (paid)

Last edited:
I've updated the first post with the list of interested parties. I'm ordering PCBs right now so I should be able to have a batch of these built in 2 weeks. Everyone who has requested boards so far will definitely be in the first batch. Anyone after this post will probably be in the second batch. I'll PM everyone when we get closer to assembly time.

You are on a roll. Can’t wait to see what’s next!!

Ok thanks everybody, I'm about to make a large parts order so I'm going to call it here for the first batch. If you are on the list as of this post you are in the first batch. I should have everything together by the end of next week. I will begin PMing everyone as soon as I have completed kits ready to ship. I'm still working out the specifics in regards to the acrylic mounting plates, but hopefully I'll have a definite plan in the next day or two.

Back