What's new
I ordered the Tecknoservice flyback too. I will be extremely disappointed if the picture quality isn't as good as with the original flyback considering how expensive these replacements are. The HR Diemen one was half price.

I should receive mine next week.
Well, I just replaced the new flyback for my old one and my weird image issues are completely gone.

Yes I will, however, I think I need adjusting vr401 and set it to 27kv
I ordered the Tecknoservice flyback too. I will be extremely disappointed if the picture quality isn't as good as with the original flyback considering how expensive these replacements are. The HR Diemen one was half price.

I' m completely agree with your concern.

I just installed mine. I can't say I'm overly sold on this.

This was supposed to be a drop in replacement apart from moving the jumper. This is what my 29e31s looked after installing the flyback:

https://imgur.com/a/pisqxzF
https://imgur.com/a/2BOOOKA

Crazy interference.

I suspected it was high HV causing this. After I removed a mountain of glue that was placed on top of the pot:

29e31s_hv_adjust.jpg

I turned down the pot (counter-clockwise) and the interference on bright backgrounds went away. The shaking in the test menu is still there. Also, as a cause of turning down the pot, the screen expanded a ton and the corners went super blurry.

As for the artifacts that appear on backgrounds depending on what's being displayed, if you turn down sub contrast and or HV you can mostly get rid of them. I'm not sure how much of this is a chassis issue and how much a flyback one. The Technoservice flyback definitely exacerbates it, but I have seen it with the original flyback too.

I just installed mine. I can't say I'm overly sold on this.

This was supposed to be a drop in replacement apart from moving the jumper. This is what my 29e31s looked after installing the flyback:

https://imgur.com/a/pisqxzF
https://imgur.com/a/2BOOOKA

Crazy interference.

I suspected it was high HV causing this. After I removed a mountain of glue that was placed on top of the pot:

29e31s_hv_adjust.jpg

I turned down the pot (counter-clockwise) and the interference on bright backgrounds went away. The shaking in the test menu is still there. Also, as a cause of turning down the pot, the screen expanded a ton and the corners went super blurry.

As for the artifacts that appear on backgrounds depending on what's being displayed, if you turn down sub contrast and or HV you can mostly get rid of them. I'm not sure how much of this is a chassis issue and how much a flyback one. The Technoservice flyback definitely exacerbates it, but I have seen it with the original flyback too.
I have exactly this, interference, jumpy text. Whatever I try, I can't get rid of it. I replaced it with my original flyback, and it's gone.
I would say i got as far as "acceptable" with this new flyback.

Last edited:
Those replacement china Flybaks are not perfect, maybe Tecnoservice have some further advice? Mem, can you make a video of the issue? Is the picture too dark after turning down the sub contrast pot to have the screen more stable?

Those replacement china Flybaks are not perfect, maybe Tecnoservice have some further advice? Mem, can you make a video of the issue? Is the picture too dark after turning down the sub contrast pot to have the screen more stable?
Technoservice knows about my issues and he said it's probably my PCB,
Picture is too dark, and when you turn up the sub contrast the screen will go into fail save state. However, when you adjust VR401 anti-clockwise, you can fix this issue almost completely. Interference remains, as for the weird blocky/wonky text.

I'd be quite interested in knowing how it goes with the new flyback. I may need to change one and want to know the quality before either ordering a replacement flyback or getting a new chassig and using the other for parts.

The "blocky/picture" are most likely due to the vertical wavy lines, reducing the G2 voltage can help but the picture could become too dark. There could be a mismatch with the divider block on the new flyback wich is not the same as the original flyback so even if the internal windings match, is still impossible to obtain a clean-stable picture so if there is no solution from the seller those replacement flybacks are unacceptable expecially for that price and from a competent repair shop.
Unluckely Hr diemen almost not more exist, all theyr new flyback are now assembled in china and those are far from the qualuty standards of the Original HR furthermore some components are disappeared from the market these days.

I'd be quite interested in knowing how it goes with the new flyback. I may need to change one and want to know the quality before either ordering a replacement flyback or getting a new chassig and using the other for parts.
Do not buy this flyback unless you are ok with some graphical glitches...

Mem, can you make a video of the issue?

I have a really hard time taking a video of anything except the moiré on the screen.

Is the picture too dark after turning down the sub contrast pot to have the screen more stable?

I spent two hours yesterday trying every possible combination I could think of.

Basically if you turn up HV ADJ you get a sharper picture, but introduce interference on bright screens (like in the imgur link in my post). If you turn it down, the picture expands and you get visibly out of focus picture, but the interference is gone. I have it turned quite low.

If you turn up sub contrast you lose more focus. If you turn it down the picture get washed out. Mid-way you get color anomalies on screens, like horizontal stripes and blocks. I have it turned up quite high.

The shaking of the text I couldn't get rid of. This also happens with the HR Diemen flyback.

I couldn't get the chassis to trigger going in to protection though. This issue I don't have.

I'm trying to get the flyback returned without Paypal being involved, even paying for return postage. However, Tecknoservice doesn't accept returns. Their reason for this is because they can't return them, you can't either.

tecknoshitservice_1.jpg

They also changed the product description for the flyback, which to me, is kind of admitting that it's not a very good replacement.

tecknoshitservice_2.jpg

Ohh man. I finally would be able to spend about 100€ to fix my stupid arcade screen, but good I looked beforehand into the new posts in the thread. So basically I shouldn't buy the China flybacks? Is there any other option?

I don't think there is any other option at the moment. If you want to get your monitor working right now, then you have to take the current flyback offered by Tecknoservice. It works, but it's not as good as the original flyback or the HR Diemen one (that is NLA).

So finally decided to bite the bullet, and I bought a new old stock HR diemen flyback, which was even more expensive than the ones from Technoservice. It should be here by next week. But I heard that even for the HR Diemen one there are some modifications necessary. Do you guys know anything about that?

Hey @nem I'm in the process of changing the flyback. One solder pad broke off but I think it's just not connected anyways, since (I hope) it's not a multilayer PCB. I have a bit of knowledge in electronics but I'm still scared as shit with this old-school HV stuff 😅. Can you confirm I can just proceed?

Attachments

• 20220113_164154.jpg
    20220113_164154.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 20220113_164212.jpg
    20220113_164212.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 87
Back