What's new
For Sale

adgenet

Professional
Reaction score
I bought a Vewlix FC a while ago and the monitor backlight died on me within a few seconds on my second ever power up. :(
My plan was always to replace it anyway so it didn't bother me too much, but it was a bit unfortunate and I didn't want to just junk it, so I set out to repair it and get it to an acceptable, usable state.

The part that failed was the inverter (there are two, but it will refuse to light even half of the tubes if there is any failure whatsoever along the backlight circuit).
I couldn't source a replacement, so I bought a relatively inexpensive led backlight kit and replaced the tube array.
The replacement was a success but a few issues remain:

1. I did not fix the yellowed/brown backlight diffuser. I gave it a light cleaning but you can still see the effects (common issue on these screens).
2. The LED emitters are a bit of a hotspot / somewhat visible especially on solid white screens (see photo).
3. The led driver board needs external power, 12V(or up to 24V according to the spec sheet) on the red wire, gnd on the black, and 5V on one of the two yellow wires for power-on. The second yellow wire is for dimming, where no connection is max brightness, and 5V is minimum(dimming is optional, I just left it disconnected). These are currently not connected and you will need to power it using an external supply.

I have already started my monitor replacement project and simply want to get rid of it to free up some storage space. Will include the control pcb and wire for the monitor, as well as the anti glare/protection front glass if you want it. The monitor surround/black bezels are not included as I need them for my retrofit project.
I feel like it might be an easy upgrade for Vewlix L owners that want a faster responding monitor and don't mind the issues I explained above. The hotspots and browning/yellowing will probably bother you if you are picky about picture quality. trying to be upfront about the condition - it's definitely not perfect.

Asking $150 local pickup in SF bay area.

Photos (Fan warning is due to not having the fans connected while testing, they have since been reconnected):

o4DwbMc.jpg

nSGGEtr.jpg

abQLAq8.jpg

LED retrofit:
m2PHQak.jpg

dAG1gLX.jpg

LED Driver board wires:
1USZZmN.jpg

Back